SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

That's what I did on Saturday. Took a couple minutes of tinkering but was able to get it synced up. 

I had to use NAU's radio stream to do this.  I couldn't pause the radio feed on Iheart.  What station did you use and what app?

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Not sure this needs saying, but I will say it just in case:  You will not be able to sync the video with the radio audio if you are listening on an actual radio (am I dating myself??), as the radio will always be ahead of the video.

I was on I heart app

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

I was on I heart app

Right, I knew you were, but was just making a statement for anyone else who may try to do it that they can't listen to the radio radio.  (unless they've found/made a solution to that I am not aware of)

This game has a different feel then the first three to me. I had UND going 7-4 on the year, starting 2-1. UNI / NAU I had as "must wins". One of the four loses I predicted was @ SIU. This game feels like "the opportunity game" to me. What I mean by that is this week, a win and you'll see an energized fan base. I don't want to understate how important that opportunity is. 

Reasons why I feel this is a winnable game.

• Lost a 50/50 game @ SIU just last year. Sticking to last years game, that was one of three games (Utah State / Missouri State being the other two) where UND's defense was awful. Very familiar place for this team. Rare going on the road to the same place in back to back years
  • If UND's offense plays clean (which it did not against NAU), they can be tough to stop. 
  • UND's defense has struggled overall, but I genuinely believe that is mostly inexperience. Why not this week to really see improvement?
    • UND's defense although it has struggled, has played pretty good red zone defense. As bad as some of the stats look, their points given up hasn't really followed that trend.
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Here’s my call

we win the turnover margin we win the game 

Thats not a crazy call. This isn't Nebraska (regardless of how bad Nebraska is and regardless of SIU beating Northwestern). I want to see us get back to the way we played against UNI. Long drives, chew up the clock, wear out their defense and PROTECT THE BALL.

We have already done things we couldn't last year. Win close games and win on the road. Lets keep that trend going. Need to score early and control the game. Our secondary makes me nervous though.

The 360 guys were saying they hope that each game the secondary learns a bit more and eventually it will just click. I'm hoping it starts clicking this week. We allow way too much cushion on opposing receivers, or at least it appears that way all too often.

Looked at some plays in all three of SIUs games so far, here are some impressions: 

• Defense is happy to give up slants all day, seems they want to keep everything underneath and avoid any bombs
  • Two large D tackles on their line, front four wants to just stop the run, not great at getting to the QB
  • Need to try to get receivers into space with screens and slants (hello Red)
  • Nic Baker has been great at buying time by scrambling, sometimes runs and sometimes finds open receivers
  • Offensive line stinks when facing pressure, so if we blitz, we have to get home
  • Run game is nothing to be intimidated by, as long as the secondary cleans up
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thats not a crazy call. This isn't Nebraska (regardless of how bad Nebraska is and regardless of SIU beating Northwestern). I want to see us get back to the way we played against UNI. Long drives, chew up the clock, wear out their defense and PROTECT THE BALL.

We have already done things we couldn't last year. Win close games and win on the road. Lets keep that trend going. Need to score early and control the game. Our secondary makes me nervous though.

The 360 guys were saying they hope that each game the secondary learns a bit more and eventually it will just click. I'm hoping it starts clicking this week. We allow way too much cushion on opposing receivers, or at least it appears that way all too often.

Last week, I don't think the corners on the opposite side of CJ really got beat for any big plays, but maybe I'm missing or forgetting something.  The one really long pass I think was against CJ, and there was another semi long pass that was also along his side of the field.  I did notice in the second half that it seemed like we had a safety that was leaning towards the opposite side of the field CJ was on to help out.  It was such a close game though and I was too nervous just watching the game to spend as much time looking at player positioning pre-snap.   But I did notice #8 playing corner pretty much the entire 4th quarter, he was definitely giving up some cushion but I don't recall any big pass plays against him.  There were two TD passes that were both against safeties.  I think KK actually had pretty decent coverage on the one......the QB threw it and the receiver had to turn back and fall to the inside as the ball was kind of behind him.  That said I'm still a little worried about the secondary also, but I'm hoping the DB's continue to improve some each game like you said.  

14 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Defense is happy to give up slants all day, seems they want to keep everything underneath and avoid any bombs

This would play perfectly into our passing game, so it would seem.  Since that's our strength, maybe SUI is working on this in preparation for us.

14 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Looked at some plays in all three of SIUs games so far, here are some impressions: 

• Defense is happy to give up slants all day, seems they want to keep everything underneath and avoid any bombs
  • Two large D tackles on their line, front four wants to just stop the run, not great at getting to the QB
  • Need to try to get receivers into space with screens and slants (hello Red)
  • Nic Baker has been great at buying time by scrambling, sometimes runs and sometimes finds open receivers
  • Offensive line stinks when facing pressure, so if we blitz, we have to get home
  • Run game is nothing to be intimidated by, as long as the secondary cleans up

Also, the PxP for SIU is pretty good, but his color commentator is terrible, so my advice is to get your radio synced up

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

As stated below us the FF and Rewind buttons.  The +10 sec and/or -10 sec buttons worked well also.

Do you have an Iphone or Android, or were you on their website?  I only ever saw a play/stop button, which is why I resorted to NAU's feed on the Varsity app.

11 hours ago, Dustin said:

Not sure this needs saying, but I will say it just in case:  You will not be able to sync the video with the radio audio if you are listening on an actual radio (am I dating myself??), as the radio will always be ahead of the video.

I was listening to the online feed. I was able to sync it up. I said nothing about listening to the actual radio.

6 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I was listening to the online feed. I was able to sync it up. I said nothing about listening to the actual radio.

No one said anything about listening to an actual radio. I was just pointing out to those who were asking about listening to the “radio” broadcast while watching the streaming feed that you cannot be listening on an actual radio because the streaming feed will never catch up. 

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

UND is +3.5.  Amazing what an FBS win does!!  HAd they ahd lost, I could see UND have being at least a 5 point favorite!!  Which SIU team will we see?  The one that gace up 64 points and 550 yards to Incarnate Word, or the team beat Northwestern on the road.  

To SIU's defense, Incarnate Word looks like a legitimate Top 5 FCS team. The SEMO game would be the head big head scratcher for them. 

11 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

If Hoosman has 20+ carries, I assume we win...

This is probably a true statement. I agree with this.

If UND gets behind and can’t do this, I could see a loss.

But if UND offense can keep the UND defense off the field,  win the time of possession and give their running back 20+ carries, that’s definitely a good thing for UND. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1