SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

Bad new perspective: UND has played 3 presumably bad football teams thus far. Don’t know what UND is yet.

good news perspective: UND has won consecutive fourth quarter games, including one on the road, and has a belief. They are familiar with this SIU team, that looked average to below average in their first two games. UND, if they play a disciplined game, definitely can beat SIU on the road and set up a huge matchup in the Alerus Center on Oct. 1. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bad new perspective: UND has played 3 presumably bad football teams thus far. Don’t know what UND is yet.

good news perspective: UND has won two fourth quarter games, including one on the road, and has a belief. They are familiar with this SIU team, that looked average to below average in their first two games. UND, if they play a disciplined game, definitely can beat SIU on the road and set up a huge matchup in the Alerus Center on Oct. 1. 

N.AZ did beat Sam Houston, though they look pretty darn bad this year.

UNI has struggled, but if you look at their schedule, there is a chance they win their next four. Is that because they are good, or their opponents are bad? Maybe a bit of both. I think UNI is better than their record. A few wins against some softer teams could help them figure out their game a bit.

All that said, I don't really care about our opponents, just our win column. SIU was looking pretty bad too, but then beat Northwestern. Might not be a great FBS team, but hey, they beat Nebraska. Still a big win for them. We would be happy with it. That being said, this would be a big time road win for UND, and one that we really need to keep our momentum. Its a shorter trip, maybe that helps, but the offense needs to get in sync earlier in the game this week. I don't know enough about SIU, but I think alot of this game will come down to the trenches. 

When it comes to Missouri State, they certainly look the part. Shelley will be tough to contain, but playing at the Alerus is different as well. Would love to see UND get 2 wins in the next 2 weeks, and pissing off Bobby Petrino would just be a cherry on top.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I love it, this is what I wait all summer for! Obviously, I just want to get to the game, but the pregame chatter is fun buildup throughout the week. Is the 360 podcast out yet?

I think they record it on Wednesday (today).  Not sure if it will be released later today or tomorrow.  I usually listen on Thursdays, so I kind of associate that podcast with Thursdays.

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I think they record it on Wednesday (today).  Not sure if it will be released later today or tomorrow.  I usually listen on Thursdays, so I kind of associate that podcast with Thursdays.

Yeah, I think you're right. Always makes for a little entertainment during the work day.

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

good news perspective: UND has won consecutive fourth quarter games, including one on the road, and has a belief. They are familiar with this SIU team, that looked average to below average in their first two games. UND, if they play a disciplined game, definitely can beat SIU on the road and set up a huge matchup in the Alerus Center on Oct. 1. 

When we beat SIU they suddenly become a bad football team

look who Montana has beat 

look who the bison have beat 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Kab said:

When we beat SIU they suddenly become a bad football team

look who Montana has beat 

look who the bison have beat 

None of their wins were even close games though, so I don't think that is a great comparison.  SIU won't be a bad team if we beat them IMO, well unless we beat them by 3 scores or something.  Imagine this, I kind of agree with UND FB FAN, I think we are good but I don't think we really know for sure yet, or at least I don't know how good we are yet and I don't think the SIU game will prove it either way, unless it's a blow out one way or another.  I don't think we will really know until the Miss St. game as that will be our first game against a team that has proven to look really really good.   But in the meantime just keep winning!   UNI and NAU might end up being pretty decent teams, it's just one of those things that it's so early in the year it's hard to know, but I'll be rooting for both of those teams the rest of the season. 

Not saying it’s a good comparison’ saying that when we beat a team that team becomes a bad team in some eyes

when they beat a team bad those teams were already bad , South Dakota is probably mediocre and didn’t

get trashed by Montana

the bison schedule isn’t that tough but until an fcs team beats them they deserve number 1, not sure who deserves number 2

UND is where they are at based on past history 

SIU will be tough if they can’t contain Baker and it’s on the road, still winnable 

Here I was ready to throw the Salukis under the buss after they got bombed by Incarnate Word, but apparently everyone is getting scored on by Incarnate Word, even the FBS schools.

Another tough road test against a team with a good QB.  Will need a good performance from Tommy and the offense.   

20 hours ago, Dustin said:

Not familiar with using iheart. What/how do you search/find the interview?  Are you able to post a link?

Funny thing about iheart is I've been having trouble with it on Android devices. Takes forever to load if it ever does. On my windows 10 laptop it runs like champ. Just saying because it might help someone else. 

14 minutes ago, TBR said:

Funny thing about iheart is I've been having trouble with it on Android devices. Takes forever to load if it ever does. On my windows 10 laptop it runs like champ. Just saying because it might help someone else. 

I love iheart to listen to stations on the radio I can't reach.  Just wish it was a once click thing and work.  If uts two cluck it can be an issue and time to throw the tablet.  Its happened before.

31 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I love iheart to listen to stations on the radio I can't reach.  Just wish it was a once click thing and work.  If uts two cluck it can be an issue and time to throw the tablet.  Its happened before.

For those of us living in other parts of the country, Colorado in my case, it's a lifeline to the pregame show and a failsafe when audio or video fail in places like Flagstaff. Plus I like Jack M.

48 minutes ago, TBR said:

For those of us living in other parts of the country, Colorado in my case, it's a lifeline to the pregame show and a failsafe when audio or video fail in places like Flagstaff. Plus I like Jack M.

Heart is great.  But of technical channel can be costly.  I like to break things and by new.  Costly but satisfaction if frustrated.  Almost like digital tickets.  I'm about ready to say no tickets and just watch on midco.  Save on gas, hotel and food.  Hell of a savings and less frustration.

2 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Heart is great.  But of technical channel can be costly.  I like to break things and by new.  Costly but satisfaction if frustrated.  Almost like digital tickets.  I'm about ready to say no tickets and just watch on midco.  Save on gas, hotel and food.  Hell of a savings and less frustration.

Especially since they took cat walk away

• Like 2