SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Getting pumped for Saturday.

Ready to see a statement be made. 

Same. Think we will have to play a lot cleaner than last Saturday. I believe we lean on Hoos on offense but would like to see Smith step up, he did have a career day last year in Carbondale. 

I think we get to Baker a handful of times and I think one of the young corners opposite of Siegel gets a pick to help the confidence. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Same. Think we will have to play a lot cleaner than last Saturday. I believe we lean on Hoos on offense but would like to see Smith step up, he did have a career day last year in Carbondale. 

I think we get to Baker a handful of times and I think one of the young corners opposite of Siegel gets a pick to help the confidence. 

I really liked how Smith was used against UNI in both the pass and run game.  Hope they get back to that and just get him the ball in space.

Oh, and get Red some touches.  Red means GO!

7 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Any one know health of the team after last weeks game. We saw a number players get hurt last week and do we have depth  at some these position where we have player. To me this will be big factor on the outcome of this game.

Health is good. Same guys available for NAU should be available for SIU on Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wright4UND said:

Our guys will be swooping in from all different places to sack the qb!  The team is focused! 

Definitely, need to make sure they wrap up on him and not go for the big hit and have him spin out at the last second and they miss completely and he runs for a first down.  Sounds like he got away a few times like that against NW last week.  That is so frustrating when you are about to sack the QB for a 9 yard loss and he spins away and then picks up positive yardage.  

2 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Northwestern had some of the slowest linebackers I've ever seen, and SIU was able to cook them with tight end passes across the middle and running out wide. I'd expect our inside linebackers to step up and make those plays. 

Ok Wyatt Pegido gets two this week to get back on track for one interception per game.

• Upvote 2