SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

We have shown some good and some not so good. Siu has had some success and some failures. 
It could be another nail biter. It must help our team to come out on top of those so far this year.

looking forward to the game . Fantastic it is on midco. Love UND football. 
wouldn’t mind if we won by more than one score but not expecting it

13 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Run the ball down their throats. NAU has a solid front, and we beat it. We can do the same here. Control the clock, and don’t turn the ball over.

any grades by any o-line experts to see which big uglys are doing their part....loved that last drive against UNI...you know were running and yuo can't stop us

how is loyszy doing?  

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

any grades by any o-line experts to see which big uglys are doing their part....loved that last drive against UNI...you know were running and yuo can't stop us

how is loyszy doing?  

Holding his own

freshman doing freshman things but another 10-15 pounds of muscle he’ll be a beast

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how is loyszy doing?  

No snap issues once Lotysz got in, and I thought he held up well against an NAU defense that likes to move downhill.

I also tried to pay close attention to Bryant in his first start this year, and thought he played as advertised, big bowling ball who can move some people downfield. No sacks given up, 4.5 yards/carry, very happy overall with the OL.

• Like 2

I think we need to play a lot cleaner than the UNI and NAU games to come out with a win.  Just cleaning up the bad snaps.....as that is a 15 yard loss and loss of down and a drive killer.  We got an interception by CJ returned for a TD, Pedigo big INT, a flea flicker reverse for a late win, Tommy going 20 of 23 against UNI...so almost perfect.....these games have been really close and that is with us getting a few turnovers and them missing some FG's etc..  That said, we did still find a way to win which is huge.  But I'm just not sure we can have those type of mistakes etc. to come away with another road win this weekend as this game is a total must win for SIU and I think they will be jacked.   I'm still looking for a conventional big play.....hoping we get it this weekend.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Actually - I don’t mind trick plays. It slows down pursuit. Just another play.

I don't mind trick plays either, many of them we run have worked...many of them for scores.  They keep defenses guessing etc. etc..  Although doesn't mean I wouldn't like to get a long TD run or pass with just an ordinary play now and then.   Smith's long almost TD run against Nebraska was great and a breath of fresh air from having to rely on a 10 play drive to get into the red zone, hoping we can pop a few more of those.  If we can start getting some big plays now and then with our regular plays........I think that just helps make the trick plays even more effective.   I guess every team wants more explosive/long plays though. 

I am starting to wonder about if we should be putting Quincy in at QB other than for short yardage situations.  I believe we had another pre-snap penalty when we put him at QB last week, seems like we get one of those every week.  Quincy hasn't come in to throw a deep bomb yet.....so likely not going to happen?  Who knows....maybe Danny is planning it that way so it is a big surprise when it does happen.  

25 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I know I mentioned a while back on another thread about no Football Show, but isn't there supposed to be UND Sports Extra each week?  Where do I find that?  I google it and don't see anything since 2017. 

I just listen to a football talk show Bubba was interviewed by Ralston and color commentator on radio.  Great interview.  Its on iheart app.  No other details 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I just listen to a football talk show Bubba was interviewed by Ralston and color commentator on radio.  Great interview.  It’s on iheart app.  No other details 

Not familiar with using iheart. What/how do you search/find the interview?  Are you able to post a link?

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I think we need to play a lot cleaner than the UNI and NAU games to come out with a win.  Just cleaning up the bad snaps.....as that is a 15 yard loss and loss of down and a drive killer.  We got an interception by CJ returned for a TD, Pedigo big INT, a flea flicker reverse for a late win, Tommy going 20 of 23 against UNI...so almost perfect.....these games have been really close and that is with us getting a few turnovers and them missing some FG's etc..  That said, we did still find a way to win which is huge.  But I'm just not sure we can have those type of mistakes etc. to come away with another road win this weekend as this game is a total must win for SIU and I think they will be jacked.   I'm still looking for a conventional big play.....hoping we get it this weekend.  

"clean" is my word i've been using...i do this exact post and i get 5 down votes...wtf?