SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

13 hours ago, TheFlop said:

It is.....Brad Berry missed the playoffs a couple years in a row and the heat was getting turned up.  Bubba is a nice guy but slapping people on the backs and shaking hands doesn't win games unfortunately.  

If Bubba had the elite resources that Ag U has then he could probably win one title every 9 years too. Ag U still wins titles even with the worst coach they have had since before Bohl……

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If Bubba had the elite resources that Ag U has then he could probably win one title every 9 years too. Ag U still wins titles even with the worst coach they have had since before Bohl……

do you think kalen daboer has had top notch "elite resources" at all his stops on his move up the chain........he's just a winner...plain and simple.  Bubba right now is a 500 coach...win one (do the griddy)....lose one (day by day guys)....

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Recent 3 peat Penrose cup champions(first time in history a team has done that & Not even mentioning all the championships) with 12 NHL drafted players on the 22-23 roster…

Your description of it being an elite program is quite accurate indeed. 

Honestly I could care less about the Penrose banners!!! I’d trade all of them for just one national championship. If you think winning Penrose cups makes you elite then I guess you don’t expect them to win it all! Is 12 drafted players that good? What was it under Hak? You are honestly starting to sound like a womens hockey program closet supporter!!!! But but but Olympians!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do you think kalen daboer has had top notch "elite resources" at all his stops on his move up the chain........he's just a winner...plain and simple.  Bubba right now is a 500 coach...win one (do the griddy)....lose one (day by day guys)....

Easy to pick out the biggest winner in a sea of losers!!!!

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Kaleb DaBoer was at places like Sioux Falls, Southern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Fresno State …

He’s never had upper end resources, which is why he’s a good coach and ascending among the ranks. 

UND definitely needs to identify someone like this, which is why I would prefer UND identify someone consistently successful in division II who wants to move up to division I. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Kaleb DaBoer was at places like Sioux Falls, Southern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Fresno State …

He’s never had upper end resources, which is why he’s a good coach and ascending among the ranks. 

UND definitely needs to identify someone like this, which is why I would prefer UND identify someone consistently successful in division II who wants to move up to division I. 

has it ever been reported why kalen didn't get it........money, staff, wish list of facility upgrades?

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Honestly I could care less about the Penrose banners!!! I’d trade all of them for just one national championship. If you think winning Penrose cups makes you elite then I guess you don’t expect them to win it all! Is 12 drafted players that good? What was it under Hak? You are honestly starting to sound like a womens hockey program closet supporter!!!! But but but Olympians!!!!!

I would also trade the penrose for a championship who wouldn’t, but, I’m not going to argue with you about if UND is an elite hockey program or not.

It is.

I also didn’t come here to bash the football program like you want to bash the hockey program for some reason by using quotes with elite. 12 drafted players is a nice accomplishment regardless of anything else. 

I came here to add my (less than) $0.02 on the coaching debacle, doesn’t mean I want to talk crap, poke fun and degrade the football program. I would like to see it do better. It’s that simple.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I would also trade the penrose for a championship who wouldn’t, but, I’m not going to argue with you about if UND is an elite hockey program or not.

It is.

I also didn’t come here to bash the football program like you want to bash the hockey program for some reason by using quotes with elite. 12 drafted players is a nice accomplishment regardless of anything else. 

I came here to add my (less than) $0.02 on the coaching debacle, doesn’t mean I want to talk crap, poke fun and degrade the football program. I would like to see it do better. It’s that simple.  

Never said UND is not an elite program but they sure haven’t been winning like an elite program. Hockey has no excuses for not making the frozen four more often and bringing home national championships. I would take zero draft picks if I could have another national championship. I’m tired of these other moral victories that we try to hang our hat on. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It sure would be nice to find the next DaBoer. No doubting what he accomplished. I just don’t think most guys could succeed like he did given the same situation. For example: Matt Entz or even Tyler Roehl. Both on NDSU fans !@#$ list right now

6 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Never said UND is not an elite program but they sure haven’t been winning like an elite program. Hockey has no excuses for not making the frozen four more often and bringing home national championships. I would take zero draft picks if I could have another national championship. I’m tired of these other moral victories that we try to hang our hat on. 

We're gonna win one this year with the help of these 12 NHL draftees.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

That’s informative, thank you for that. Raises even more questions, as to where the money is going.

The refine button on that page allows you to add teams, tweek what is displayed, etc. 

Don't quote me but I believe how SDSU reports/records data the mortgage on part of their FB facilities is in their FB expenses shown. 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The refine button on that page allows you to add teams, tweek what is displayed, etc. 

Don't quote me but I believe how SDSU reports/records data the mortgage on part of their FB facilities is in their FB expenses shown. 

I’ll be passing this on to some family members who donate quite a bit of money. See what their thoughts are.

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Maybe not perfect but there are a lot worse facilities than what is offered at UND out there.  Maybe if a Bubba team was able to keep excitement for the team more than a couple weeks into the season more resources would follow.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Maybe not perfect but there are a lot worse facilities than what is offered at UND out there.  Maybe if a Bubba team was able to keep excitement for the team more than a couple weeks into the season more resources would follow.  

Which top 10 FCS program has worse facilities than UND? Maybe some top 25…