SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Northern Arizona 9/17/22

SiouxFan100

7 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

I liked Maag in Rudolph's offense his freshman year, where the focus was deep passes off of play action. Even his second year, in Danny's first season as OC, we still ran a lot of power and play action. I just don't think he fits in quite as well with what UND wants to do offensively now, which is spread things around, get guys the ball in space, which is definitely a strength of guys like Bo, Red, and even Jack Wright

Maag took advantage of those 2 years with Toivenen and Wanzek drawing most of the coverages as #1, #2.  Once those 2 left his performance dropped drastically.   I don't see any reason he couldn't be utilized with the quick slants across the middle of the field with the speedsters in motion to draw attention.  Especially those 2nd, 3rd and 7's

18 minutes ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Maag took advantage of those 2 years with Toivenen and Wanzek drawing most of the coverages as #1, #2.  Once those 2 left his performance dropped drastically.   I don't see any reason he couldn't be utilized with the quick slants across the middle of the field with the speedsters in motion to draw attention.  Especially those 2nd, 3rd and 7's

Yeah it seems like most all of the plays that are really schemed up to succeed...are geared towards Belquist.  Even that one in the first quarter against NE that Tommy threw a little high, Maag could have easily run that route.  We run that throw back play a few times a year....it's one that almost always works for a nice gain, it always goes to Belquist.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but Maag can only run the routes he is given and make the catches when they throw his way.....which hasn't been very often.  I still think he'll make some big plays for us this year though.  Hoping Klien gets healthy soon....would be nice to see him get some reps.  Sounds like Red was dinged up going into the UNI game but played through it, hopefully he is pretty close back to 100% this week. 

Lots of bad experiences at NA (specifically and on the road in general) to overcome. Is it normally/always the coaches fault with all the road woes we have. Do the captains and other team leaders bear some of the responsibility?

what can be done to break the spell? Leave a day early or day later?

eat differently?

maybe don’t do anything different except don’t blow it (choke?? If I dare say)

????? 

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Lots of bad experiences at NA (specifically and on the road in general) to overcome. Is it normally/always the coaches fault with all the road woes we have. Do the captains and other team leaders bear some of the responsibility?

what can be done to break the spell? Leave a day early or day later?

eat differently?

maybe don’t do anything different except don’t blow it (choke?? If I dare say)

????? 

Captains come and go - Bubba is the constant.

Just now, tnt said:

This is one of those weekends where UND has a chance to keep their fans engaged, or start their minds trending towards a "here we go again" thought process.  Let's keep momentum and mindset going in a positive direction. 

Agreeed

we lay an egg the fire coaches gets hot

2 hours ago, tnt said:

This is one of those weekends where UND has a chance to keep their fans engaged, or start their minds trending towards a "here we go again" thought process.  Let's keep momentum and mindset going in a positive direction. 

Yes.  At least one of the next two road games must be won.  Obviously, hopefully both.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

UND 8.5 fav.

46.5 total

Obviously the bookies haven't checked our road record.

This will be a tough game.

I would take that bet all day long.  My prediction is we get torched with deep balls and its a 3 score game.  Hopefully we shore the secondary up quickly.

11 minutes ago, Sioux27 said:

I would take that bet all day long.  My prediction is we get torched with deep balls and its a 3 score game.  Hopefully we shore the secondary up quickly.

So, you think UND is going to lose by 21 points to a team that's scored 13 points combined in two games? Or am I reading this incorrectly. 

• Upvote 1