SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. Duluth

Wilbur

Well that was the squad...should be a ton of turnover heading into next year. The incoming frosh class obviously isn’t as high end as last years however they should contribute.

That losing feeling sucks....any longtime sioux fan knows it well.  We’ll be back 

25 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

I still fell awful....this team was good but not lights out like the 2019 team...also missing to of our best players in the OT hurt too....they played their hearts out just wish they hit the net more.

We had lots of chances to end it, it’s just hard that they weren’t able to. UND had far more sustained pressure and chances in the overtime. Just couldn’t bury it, which I am sure was frustrating for everyone.  

22 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Score two with the extra attacker with under 2 in regulation to tie it. 

UMD wins it OT.....not so fast. Offsides.

UND hit posts, crossbars and had one flop and stop on top of the net right behind the crossbar in OTs.

80+ minutes of free hockey over the course of 2 days.

Someone had score. Some team had to win.

Great environment.

Fun to be apart of.

That one on top of the net would have been as bad as clowns goal but we would have taken it. 

15 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Did Budy play at all after he took that penalty in the second?  I can't recall seeing him out there. 

Yes, he actually had a good little motor and was winning races to pucks far into OT. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Duluth is so good all over the ice at toeing the line on stick infractions. I thought it was a well officiated game last night, but that was 80s NHL hockey where any attempt at a shot and you had a player or two hanging on you. There is no room on the ice to create pretty plays. 

Duluth has always been a very clutchy/grabby team who has gotten away with that type of play for a long time. 

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

That was cool to see the UMD goalie come over to Scheel after the game.

That was such a classy move. I’m sure he and every other goalie who’s played at a high level have been in that unenviable position before so he could probably empathize. 

• Upvote 3

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions. I guess I can now say I was at the longest college hockey game in history. UND hit the pipe in the fifth ot and I said watch UMD score now. A minute later they did. But for the Sioux to score 2 goals in the last 2 minutes was nuts. I’m drained. Congrats to UMD

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Username Taken said:

Duluth is so good all over the ice at toeing the line on stick infractions. I thought it was a well officiated game last night, but that was 80s NHL hockey where any attempt at a shot and you had a player or two hanging on you. There is no room on the ice to create pretty plays. 

And that is exactly why they will make a solid campaign for a three-peat.  They are so tough to play against.  

I'm still pretty shocked that this season is over. Never really imagined it ending in anything but a Frozen Four and likely National Championship. This group had everything you needed to get it done. Solid goaltending, lot of veteran talent, high end guys, great defensive group, depth, and solid special teams. Feels a lot like that 2010-2011 season today. You know they were probably the best team in the country but in a one and done all it takes is one night where the other side is pretty close to perfect and you aren't at your best for a full 60+ minutes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2