SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. Duluth

Wilbur

Awesome game. Hell of an effort by UND late to tie it up. At some point somebody needed to score.

Feel for those kids. That will be a story they can share with their kids and grandkids though. Felt privileged to get to watch it myself. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Awesome game. Hell of an effort by UND late to tie it up. At some point somebody needed to score.

Feel for those kids. That will be a story they can share with their kids and grandkids though. Felt privileged to get to watch it myself. 

I would have been thrilled if UND won, but still would have felt for the UMD players. That’s jus a crazy game as shown by how the players interacted at the end. Someone had to win.

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

The disappointing part for me here is wondering how we will look next year. Good I’m sure, but we could lose a lot. Maybe more will stay, who knows. Tough way to go after a COVID year where we dominated, then this.

Praying not to have 2-3 years of Ludvig Hoffs until the next reload arrives.  

Just now, yzerman19 said:

We played their game tonight.  That was the issue.  Played to try win a 1-0 game...that isn’t this team.  We were beat before we stepped on the ice

Outcoached.  Reminded me of the Pony line loss against Michigan at the Frozen Four. Gum it down, clog it up, play not to lose.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

We played their game tonight.  That was the issue.  Played to try win a 1-0 game...that isn’t this team.  We were beat before we stepped on the ice

Will always wonder if Duluth playing yesterday would have changed our approach today.  Wow were our defenseman just super unaggressive early in the game on the offensive blue line.  Were playing not to give up a rush or make a mistake.  Low chance game favors Duluth.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheFlop said:

On a positive note, Sanderson is soooooo good.  If he comes back it will be a miracle.  Almost reminded me of Travis Roche the way he just danced around people out there. 

If he can take advantage of his play making and be able to put the puck in the net more often, he’s going to be an absolutely phenomenal player. Scary good.

• Upvote 1

A lot of high end coaches I know preach this:  you simply can’t control how many you score, but you can absolutely control how many you let in.  It’s this idea of a perfect coaching game winning.   I believe the players win the game, and you play to win

9 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Outcoached.  Reminded me of the Pony line loss against Michigan at the Frozen Four. Gum it down, clog it up, play not to lose.  

What exactly would you have done as a coach? Cut their legs off and replaced them? This has nothing to do with coaching. It not like the offense wasn’t flicking and didn’t have chances? Looked like we were going to be up 15 seconds in. This is how hockey goes sometimes.