SiouxSports.com Forum

Bullying

SiouxFanatic

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The kid isn't the winner here. The whole world knows that he is mentally disabled and has a psycho dad (charged with assaulting a soccer coach for not giving their other son enough playing time as a pre-teen).

A few pages ago I mentioned a childhood friend of Miller’s that defended him on Twitter and got harassed to the point where he protected his account. The biggest revelation of his defense was that they were under the impression he had ADHD, not a mental disability.

The only winner is the victim's mom. Isaiah himself only spoke one line the public; she wouldn't stop talking. Seemed like she had the bone to pick, not her son. I feel for Isaiah, and truly hope this doesn't result in any collateral damage for him or his brother, who appears to be on the soccer equivalent of the NTDP.

I also think the victim's mom is executing a revenge agenda, moms can be weird that way...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I also think the victim's mom is executing a revenge agenda, moms can be weird that way...

There are some inconsistencies between what she has said and the police report. In the original article in the Toledo paper from 2016, she said that the other boy was friends with Isaiah to the point of sleepovers, but then in the police report she said they knew where Miller lived, but not the other boy. Also, the smashing his head against the brick wasn't mentioned in the police report. The whole "he rollerblades past our house to torment him" seemed like a stretch too. She controlled the narrative with skill, I'll give her that.

Note: Miller's parents are clearly worse people, they just haven't said anything so there's nothing to scrutinize on their part.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ordering one's coffee as "black" is now racist too so carry on.......

a step further, but true enough.  I don't have a problem with the saying, but can see where if exposed to it being used derogatorily someone could...   that said my skin is pretty thick, call me whatever tf you want, have fun with it.

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

As much as Schloss is a tremendous college hockey beat guy....

He sat on this story for the Athletic dept. and focused his attention on shitshaming people for not wearing their magic face armour.

...and don’t forget the lack of coverage about the hockey team’s Covid issues.  Just like when he came late to the game on coverage of Women’s hockey, he sure has written a lot about this lately even though it was known since he was recruited, although some of the details were sketchy.

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

one could take your choice of wording as racist...

Just to cross the t and dot the i...

Meaning of Idiom Call a Spade a Spade’ To call a spade a spade is to speak plainly and truthfully, even if the truth contains criticisms, bad news, or is unpleasant to hear. This idiom is often used when someone is about to say something rude, offensive, or insensitive and is not necessarily a precursor to a truthful statement.

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

...and don’t forget the lack of coverage about the hockey team’s Covid issues.  Just like when he came late to the game on coverage of Women’s hockey, he sure has written a lot about this lately even though it was known since he was recruited, although some of the details were sketchy.

In a word.....narrative 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do you think his lack of reporting is/was because he’s way too close to UND? I mean I understand UND is the hand that essentially feeds him but it’s the GFH that signs his paychecks. Also, if he is too close to the hockey program, assign someone else to cover the story. 

Jesus Christ.  Apparently Mitchell’s twin-sister is now spamming the web with negative content about Isaiah (the victim).   Looks like crap doesn’t fall far from the tree.    

This situation reeks of 2 trash families who had existing grievances with each other before said incident happened.  No maturity, no self-contemplation, no responsibility, or common sense; only self-righteousness.    At the end of the day, I'll go with what the judge said about Miller.         

I’m glad we wiped our hands of this mess.  Time to move on and win a Natty.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Jesus Christ.  Apparently Mitchell’s twin-sister is now spamming the web with negative content about Isaiah (the victim).   Looks like crap doesn’t fall far from the tree.    

This situation reeks of 2 trash families who had existing grievances with each other before said incident happened.  No maturity, no self-contemplation, no remorse or common sense; only self-righteousness.    At the end of the day, I'll go with what the judge said about Miller.         

I don't disagree, my only issue with all of this still comes down to the timing. 

UND played this as as though they though they might slip past the court of public opinion, and when they realized the story got out, they didn't stick by their decision. MM's ethics are obviously questionable based on what he did, even more questionable if he truly never apologized or expressed remorse for what he did, and even more questionable given what we continue to learn about the family antics. BUT now we are seeing the questionable ethics on UND's part .... again, not the decision, but the timing and the motives for them to change their course of action. Their decision was not based on anything ethical as Armacost would have you believe, but is 100% for the image of the school. Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is NOT the same thing as doing the right thing. 

UND should be ashamed as a school for the manner in which they handles this entire situation from offering the kid, to letting him get to campus to supporting him one day, to letting him go the next. The key figures should have met on this long ago, discussed their approach and stuck to it one way or the other.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This situation reeks of 2 trash families who had existing grievances with each other before said incident happened.  No maturity, no self-contemplation, no remorse or common sense; only self-righteousness.    At the end of the day, I'll go with what the judge said about Miller.         

Let’s see, you’ve just seen how things you did when you are young can follow you, and you choose to put something out there that could come back to haunt you as well.  Where are the adults in all of this?  I chose not to question parenting at first because sometimes you can preach right and wrong and still end up with a bad apple, but everything that has come out since speaks volumes.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yep, adios and good riddance for UND to be out of the situation now. What the sister has been posting just cements the fact that Mitchell and his entire family haven’t learned a $&@#ing thing. Bye. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

This situation reeks of 2 trash families who had existing grievances with each other before said incident happened.  No maturity, no self-contemplation, no responsibility, or common sense; only self-righteousness.    At the end of the day, I'll go with what the judge said about Miller.         

Yeah the stuff Miller's sister is posting makes Miller look even worse.  You can tell the victim really is mentally handicapped.  In the lunch room it's clear the video kids are needling the victim.....and in the headlock photo the kid in the headlock is smirking.

What a horrible time to grow up in.  The retaliation is akin to bullying.  What if MM killed himself?  Then what?  People feel good? Justifiable homocide?  I get having to make the right decision for the program, and I by no means condone the behavior, but this is the mob.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

What a horrible time to grow up in.  The retaliation is akin to bullying.  What if MM killed himself?  Then what?  People feel good? Justifiable homocide?  I get having to make the right decision for the program, and I by no means condone the behavior, but this is the mob.  

No - the BULLYING of a classmate was the BULLYING!

You forget where this all started - WITH THIS ENTITLED PRIVELEDGED LITTLE ASSHOLE whose chose to BULLY a kid and now - BOO HOO his "future" is being taken away.   !@#$ HIM

HIS VICTIM IS STILL WALLOWING IN NOT ONLY THE HORROR OF DEALING WITH HIS CONDITION on a DAILY BASIS BUT THE MENTAL ANGUISH of everything this ASSHOLE  made him feel.  It's BAD and it's WRONG!  STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THIS ASSHOLE!  s

?? "what if MM killed himself" over this??

BOO HOO!   He made his bed - he has to lay in it! 

I wouldn't lose 1 night of sleep because I'm sure his victim has had so many more bad nights.   I'm ashamed of you yzerman - I thought you were a better person than all this.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

No - the BULLYING of a classmate was the BULLYING!

You forget where this all started - WITH THIS ENTITLED PRIVELEDGED LITTLE ASSHOLE whose chose to BULLY a kid and now - BOO HOO his "future" is being taken away.   !@#$ HIM

HIS VICTIM IS STILL WALLOWING IN NOT ONLY THE HORROR OF DEALING WITH HIS CONDITION on a DAILY BASIS BUT THE MENTAL ANGUISH of everything this ASSHOLE  made him feel.  It's BAD and it's WRONG!  STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR THIS ASSHOLE!  s

I wouldn't lose 1 night of sleep because I'm sure his victim has had so many more bad nights.   I'm ashamed of you yzerman - I thought you were a better person than all this.

My friend- it’s horrible.  More pain, more suffering doesn’t make it better.  I appreciate you thought I’m a better person in your eyes.  I have no argument, just sorrow.  Two families are devastated.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

My friend- it’s horrible.  More pain, more suffering doesn’t make it better.  I appreciate you thought I’m a better person in your eyes.  I have no argument, just sorrow.  Two families are devastated.  

I agree 2 families are devastated.   One will be fine because some team somewhere (maybe in Europe) will give him a chance because of his hockey talent.  Hooray!  He won't make millions from the NHL but most likely  a comfortable life in the KHL or another league in Eurpope - HOORAY!

One family will just try to find ANY path to ANYTHING for their child who's suffered from something he never asked for or deserved and NEVER deserved to be kicked in the face with by a kid who had everything from the start and now acts like HE'S THE VICTIM!

I will continue to make sure MM has NO FUTURE in college hockey or the pros in the USA

I don't care about his "talent" or "potential"

HE fucked it up by being a psychotic asshole

He has NEVER made a path to redemption.

I will always advocate for his "VICTIM"  - who''s name was....BOO ? do you know? 

• Downvote 5

8 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

yeah bud. You're not a good human.

Certainly no better than Mr. Miller, or anyone else in this story.

Very glad to not count you or this aweful opinion as part of the UND family, and moreso, thankful you no longer occupy any space in this state.

This is absolute dogshit. Log off.

• Upvote 3