SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

23 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He’s more outraged that the don’t have many 3 star prospects and kids with FBS offers.

his excuse for our Moorhead recruits is that Moorhead is soft and that they are not tough so I guess they will have to show the Bison what soft is!

If the Spuds are soft, what does that make every school in Fargo? They would beat all of them by two scores.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Owens to USD. That's a tough recruiting loss. Location was going to play against UND, but still. If the other offers are USD and ID St, you need to win that one. 

I know he is listed as RB in the wiki, but I thought I read he was being recruited at LB. If that is the case, we are still waiting for Gloudeman, Larson and Zuckel as well. I'm not as concerned about RB with this class, though Gilman would have been great, and Emmet Johnson is still out there.

Emmett Johnson, 6', 185, Minneapolis (Holy Angels), MN Has offers from UNI, SDSU, MT St, EMU, CMU & USD

I still want Hegerle, Larson and Johnson to round things out. Though adding another safety, LB and O-Line would be great if they are the right athletes. Tough to know how many commits they will really take given the strange year. Kuehnast has nice size, and there are some intriguing safeties out there with Roush, Cannon and Bailey.

I was just looking at D End and there are still some good ones out there as well. Love the types of offers we are putting out. Going after so much more talent than we were a handful of years ago.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:41 AM, siouxfan512 said:

I know he is listed as RB in the wiki, but I thought I read he was being recruited at LB. If that is the case, we are still waiting for Gloudeman, Larson and Zuckel as well. I'm not as concerned about RB with this class, though Gilman would have been great, and Emmet Johnson is still out there.

Emmett Johnson, 6', 185, Minneapolis (Holy Angels), MN Has offers from UNI, SDSU, MT St, EMU, CMU & USD

I still want Hegerle, Larson and Johnson to round things out. Though adding another safety, LB and O-Line would be great if they are the right athletes. Tough to know how many commits they will really take given the strange year. Kuehnast has nice size, and there are some intriguing safeties out there with Roush, Cannon and Bailey.

I was just looking at D End and there are still some good ones out there as well. Love the types of offers we are putting out. Going after so much more talent than we were a handful of years ago.

Any of these guys play a game yet?  

• 2 weeks later...

Couple offers out yesterday.

Keyshaun Elliott from Richmond MO - 6'3" 220 - QB/LB/Ath (not sure where we'd bring him in at) - has offers from Kansas, Eastern Michigan, UNI, Illinois State, USD, SEMO, Air Force, Army 

Also an offer out to Vince Genatone, LB/S out of North Platte, NE.  6'1" 205 - Offers from Northern Arizona, Southern Miss, Montana, SDSU

5 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Couple offers out yesterday.

Keyshaun Elliott from Richmond MO - 6'3" 220 - QB/LB/Ath (not sure where we'd bring him in at) - has offers from Kansas, Eastern Michigan, UNI, Illinois State, USD, SEMO, Air Force, Army 

Also an offer out to Vince Genatone, LB/S out of North Platte, NE.  6'1" 205 - Offers from Northern Arizona, Southern Miss, Montana, SDSU

Keyshaun is a good looking player.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Was he our #1 target?

He very well could have been but I wonder if he’s more of a project QB that has the ability to play another position? Right now, as long as things go as we believe and hope, he wouldn’t even sniff the field until his senior year as the starting QB with Tommy going into Trey. 

22 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This kid is an outstanding HS FB player. Great recruit. He plays multiple positions, great kid, excellent student. His dad is head FB coach at Frazee, Mn. HS. His Dad was one of most coveted Hs recruits we lost to AC. RB out of Wisconsin. Blew knee early in career, was never the same.  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I don’t know, but probably scholarship kid. He is a very versatile athlete. Played QB, RB, DB and receiver. Not sure what position they project him but he is a very good get. 

Apparently a PWO. Wants to play QB. NDSU wanted him to play defense. 

Still some nice recruits out there. I'd be interested to know if any of them will be at the Bison game, or if we will see any more commits soon.

Emmet Johnson

Carson Hegerle

Calvin Knapp

Ben Kuehnast

Wesley King

Luna Larson

Zach Gloudeman

Zach Zuckel

Also some decent safeties and corners list on the Wiki. I'd assume we probably don't have too many spots left for this class because of the covid year, but hopefully we still have some top notch guys commit.

40 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Still some nice recruits out there. I'd be interested to know if any of them will be at the Bison game, or if we will see any more commits soon.

Emmet Johnson

Carson Hegerle

Calvin Knapp

Ben Kuehnast

Wesley King

Luna Larson

Zach Gloudeman

Zach Zuckel

Also some decent safeties and corners list on the Wiki. I'd assume we probably don't have too many spots left for this class because of the covid year, but hopefully we still have some top notch guys commit.

Knapp was a last year recruit who signed with Utah State.