SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I worked my butt off in the summers working construction working long hours to pay for my year of school while others took the summer off to work 20 hours at an easy job and then complained all school year about how they had to work. Then some of the same people are making it worse getting worthless degrees!

its hard to listen to college educated people complain about their low wages when they could have put the work to get an engineering or some other high paying degree!

It was good news bad news for me in the Summer time. My father was the head of the Associated General Contractors which meant I always had a job in the Summer time and so did many of my friends....nothing like spending a summer on the hot highway shoveling, running a jackhammer, or putting on the hood to do some sandblasting when it is 98 degrees out and hitting overtime on late Wednesday afternoon.  I did get a little smarter after a couple of summers and when the foreman asked if I could operate any equipment I said "Absolutely" and then figured it out.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Life comes down to making choices.  You see something you want, don’t bitch that someone has what you don’t, work hard and go get it.  That’s why America has always been the land if opportunity.

It seems like the gripe lost in all the commotion is that the "opportunity" seems to be further away than ever before....

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

It seems like the gripe lost in all the commotion is that the "opportunity" seems to be further away than ever before....

The thing is what ”they” want Costs more than they can earn at their age and skill set.  Major cities on the coasts, hip-urban living.  That costs a lot more than even midwestern cities and living outside of the “cool” zone.  They also “need” and pay for a lot of things that I don’t prioritize- fancy new tech, cloud storage, etc.  they value experiences and restaurants and travel and cool bars...all of that is expensive!!!  

10 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

The thing is what ”they” want Costs more than they can earn at their age and skill set.  Major cities on the coasts, hip-urban living.  That costs a lot more than even midwestern cities and living outside of the “cool” zone.  They also “need” and pay for a lot of things that I don’t prioritize- fancy new tech, cloud storage, etc.  they value experiences and restaurants and travel and cool bars...all of that is expensive!!!  

I agree, I can't imagine trying to own a home on the coast...  I don't get into material things and having a grand old time, I was raise miserly and will likely die that way.  I wonder how much the monetary policy of the last few decades has brought about some of this, my dad didn't say much but I believe he didn't like the removal of the gold standard and/or the Fed.

6 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I agree, I can't imagine trying to own a home on the coast...  I don't get into material things and having a grand old time, I was raise miserly and will likely die that way.  I wonder how much the monetary policy of the last few decades has brought about some of this, my dad didn't say much but I believe he didn't like the removal of the gold standard and/or the Fed.

Asset inflation in real estate has certainly been a factor

47 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Asset inflation in real estate has certainly been a factor

I occasionally listen to Eric Weinstein , and also his brother Bret.  Eric has some theories on the financial state of the country that I find eye brow raising.  Bret is my covid knowledge base, evolutionary biologist that studied bats.  Many things these guys say are over my head, but I generally can follow their thinking.

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2020 at 8:01 AM, MrEdway said:

Another triggered snowflake. How wonderful.

any idiot who bought DJTjr's book should have spent their money on ANYTHING more usable - like toilet paper.

I'm no snowflake but I would wipe my ass on any Trump merchandise.  Makes it SLIGHTLY useful!

BOOYAH!

2 hours ago, MrEdway said:

Never did understand a statue for a fictional character. No big loss if the animals tear it down.

It's Philly.... and quasi sports.

Has there ever been a more delusional or de-evolved fan base in the history of the world?......

That being said I'd still have a beer with those knuckle dragging neanderthals over the worthless scum taking over seattle.

47 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It's Philly.... and quasi sports.

Has there ever been a more delusional or de-evolved fan base in the history of the world?......

Hi, I’m the Minnesota Vikings.  Have we met?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hi, I’m the Minnesota Vikings.  Have we met?

Minnesota has never had a jail in the stadium with jusge for in game court prece3dings... but after the last month.

who knows.

Philly fans throw batteries,  hot nickels, and full beers, all the time...

Prior to the anarchists of 2020 the most fiesty Minny fans ever got was tossing dollar dogs at Knoblach.

Edit: Will admit that some bottle caps and batteries also flew from left field that day (I know I was there, didn't throw anything).

Edit, edit. A dollar dog may have left my hand quickly, it may have been an accident.

Edit, edit, edit. Full disclosure, it wasn't an accident. 

MDE has set a date of the week of July 27th to decide on schooling in MN.

3 options on the table:  Return to in-school learning, Hybrid of in-school and distance, or distance only.

If I were a betting man right now.... I think they will recommend Option 2*

What I DON'T want to see.... option 3

*What happens in 6 weeks could change my opinion on what they do. 

**In addition to Option 2, I would like MDE to give districts the freedom to go for option 1 if they want to.  I think RTR, TMB, Win-E-Mac, etc shouldn't have to follow the same thing as Minneapolis, St. Paul, A-H, etc. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

MDE has set a date of the week of July 27th to decide on schooling in MN.

3 options on the table:  Return to in-school learning, Hybrid of in-school and distance, or distance only.

If I were a betting man right now.... I think they will recommend Option 2*

What I DON'T want to see.... option 3

*What happens in 6 weeks could change my opinion on what they do. 

**In addition to Option 2, I would like MDE to give districts the freedom to go for option 1 if they want to.  I think RTR, TMB, Win-E-Mac, etc shouldn't have to follow the same thing as Minneapolis, St. Paul, A-H, etc

Bolded part is imperative IMO but probably won't happen.

What are your thoughts on fall HS sports in MN?

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bolded part is imperative IMO but probably won't happen.

What are your thoughts on fall HS sports in MN?

I don't have a feel on that yet, but my belief is that if the kids come back in-school in any form, fall sports should be a go. 

If I had the power, I would have said the minute the MN State Fair was a no go was to ask districts... want to start 2 week early and moved everything up by two weeks.