SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

Suddenly, hardly anybody is dying from Covid in New York.  Out of nowhere...boom the curve has been flattened...oh I mean crushed.  My apologies to Cuomo.

This has been the biggest farce in recent American history.  

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

guy approaches ERT team after curfew and attempts to touch one and gets pushed to the ground and the cops get arrested?  yeah...twilight zone stuff

Funny that nobody raised a stink when Confederate Cooter was blocking traffic, screaming and touching police during the anti-lockdown protests.:whistling:

You people aren't fooling anybody.  Civil disobedience isn’t what bothers you, it’s what these protesters stand for.  You know well that minorities will be the majority in 20+ years and the implications of such will politically and culturally flip this country upside down.  And the white millennial and Gen Z kids growing up in this new environment are completely on-board.  'Snowflake culture' I think you call it?  

Of course the right-wing is mobilized now, why wouldn't they be?  But they are an older, monolithic and withering demographic.  Look at a Trump rally for God's sake.  Older and white as a snowstorm with dueling banjos as the soundtrack.    

Either way, many places now are lifting curfews. Violence is subsiding and non-violent protests and marches are taking over everywhere.  This is history in the making.    

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Funny that nobody raised a stink when Confederate Cooter was blocking traffic, screaming and touching police during the anti-lockdown protests.:whistling:

You people aren't fooling anybody.  Civil disobedience isn’t what bothers you, it’s what these protesters stand for.  You know well that minorities will be the majority in 20+ years and the implications of such will politically and culturally flip this country upside down.  And the white millennial and Gen Z kids growing up in this new environment are completely on-board.  'Snowflake culture' I think you call it?  

Of course the right-wing is mobilized now, why wouldn't they be?  But they are an older, monolithic and withering demographic.  Look at a Trump rally for God's sake.  Older and white as a snowstorm with dueling banjos as the soundtrack.    

Either way, many places now are lifting curfews. Violence is subsiding and non-violent protests and marches are taking over everywhere.  This is history in the making.    

In my post above where I point to traffic being blocked, that is a bridge that when blocked, diverts traffic to a 60-90 minute detour depending on traffic. The protesters have been blocking 17th Avenue a few days in the past week and is low impact, as there are other options to get around.  It is also a rallying point as Graffiti Bridge has been used to include their message. I had no problem with that. They knew what they were doing trying to expand their protest to include blocking the bridge. I do have a problem with that. 

I've been hearing about the end of one party for 40 years. 

One day you'll come to realize there will always be two somewhat equivalent parties.

Parties just change stances to fit the times and argue against the other side.

I hear the democrats use to be a lot different party than what they are today.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Yep snowflake culture...open borders, rigged elections, de-fund police depts,  I can be whatever sex I want to be, no freedom of speech, free !@#$ for parasites. Sorry...count me out.

Yitzhak Ben Israel, a professor at Tel Aviv University, offered early speculation to that effect when in April he said, based on the observed behavior of the virus across the globe, that the virus appears to function more or less the same no matter what a country does to mitigate it. He said the virus appears to follow a fixed pattern in which there is "a decline in the number of infections even [in countries] without closures" that is "similar to the countries with closures." (Link to article)

Hmm.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

And the white millennial and Gen Z kids growing up in this new environment are completely on-board.  'Snowflake culture' I think you call it?  

I think your missing the fact that they all enter the real world and some if not most grow up and realize how non of that stuff really matters anymore. “Snowflake culture” has been around forever and never really made it anywhere past 30.

11 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Thanks for your help in Trumps re-election in 2020. Comments as ignorant as that only “mobilize” the old withering party of only racist and white folks even more.

Cant help but sit and think about the irony of journalists lamenting the loss of their fellow journalists jobs due to the economic downturn. 

I believe it was pointed out awhile back but wildly promoting Covid-19 on an hourly basis throughfear & danger articles for the sole purpose of clicks, which were supposed to create revenue, actually put the ad-buying companies out of business.  Huh.  

2 hours ago, Goon said:

I read those demands and laughed. First, it's no longer a demonstration or protest when you're breaking windows and looting. That Fargo riot had that last Saturday night (a peaceful demonstration turned into a rioting and looting). Second, when the cops say it's time to go home, it's time to go home. If  you get gassed after that, it's your own fault. What are the Police supposed to do if they don't comply? Ask them nicely? Yeah, it's not going to happen. Second, police department and federal law enforcement agencies get Intel from their surveillance on the ground. They're not going to stop doing that. It's asinine to ask that. That's a community and officer/agent safety issue. 

Although I'm sympathetic to the police having to deal with a lot of crazy, awful people lately, why should the police get to set a time limit on your first amendment right to protest? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although I'm sympathetic to the police having to deal with a lot of crazy, awful people lately, why should the police get to set a time limit on your first amendment right to protest? 

Health, safety, and welfare. Of everyone involved. Simply not a good idea to stretch anyone too thin, especially during the heat of summer. Also gives the authorities time to reset, pick up loose debris, clean up the protest/demonstration area, replenish supplies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What others have said. Also, when a peaceful protest transforms from a peaceful event to rioting and looting, it's time to end it. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Used to regard your posts as rather thought provoking but this is mean to this older, withering senior citizen. Learned from Oprah years ago, "When somebody shows you who they are, believe them."

17 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

giphy.gif

In the past 2 days roughly the population of Valley City has been tested in ND with 116 positives.

Heat index at 99 right now but no public pools for kids to cool off in.

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic