SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just saw that...see if gundy "does a brees"

Another day, another soft kid crying to the sky leveraging Twitter and a hashtag for justice. Good lord! (Can I say that here?) I never knew Twitter in 2020 would be the future judicial system. What a time to be alive (a depressing and embarrassing time). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sorry to tell you this but what america needs more of are assholes bc they don't give out participation trophies. it's really really really hard to to feel empathy for someone tweeting they can't afford their rent/mortgage from their iphone 20 s max, inside their 2019 Honda Passport, driving back from picking up pizza from a place that charges 28 bucks for a cheese pizza.

You missed avocado toast.  Then you really would have hit the FoxNews/old people Facebook Bingo.

You’ll be telling us next that people can’t be poor  and have a refrigerator.

Kid from Center ND finishes first in his/her HS class. Has plans to broaden his/her horizons and change the world. Goes to school at U of Colorado in Boulder. $120K in loans for his/her Master's degree in Russian Children's Literature and no one can figure out how he/she can not find a job in his/her field other than at a Caribou or a Wendy's....but not the one in ATL cause that one's been torched to the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Kid from Center ND finishes first in his/her HS class. Has plans to broaden his/her horizons and change the world. Goes to school at U of Colorado in Boulder. $120K in loans for his/her Master's degree in Russian Children's Literature and no one can figure out how he/she can not find a job in his/her field other than at a Caribou or a Wendy's....but not the one in ATL cause that one's been torched to the ground. 

You are barking up the wrong tree.  Humanities degrees have been in decline.  Masters degrees represent between 2-4% depending on what you are counting.  Your mythical student probably went into “business”.

https://www.amacad.org/humanities-indicators/higher-education/bachelors-degrees-humanities#31601

1 hour ago, wxman91 said:

You missed avocado toast.  Then you really would have hit the FoxNews/old people Facebook Bingo.

You’ll be telling us next that people can’t be poor  and have a refrigerator.

when did i mention a fridge?

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when did i mention a fridge?

Tis’ a meme.  Back in the Bush Jr. days the Heritage Foundation decided that US citizens weren’t actually in poverty because they weren’t living in mud huts with no running water or electricity.  That led to a later graphic on Fox News showing that 99% of “poor” (quotation marks included!) households had a refrigerator. It has been widely used since then to illustrate the out of touch nature of Fox, but it is probably better applied to conservative think tanks.

17 minutes ago, wxman91 said:

Tis’ a meme.  Back in the Bush Jr. days the Heritage Foundation decided that US citizens weren’t actually in poverty because they weren’t living in mud huts with no running water or electricity.  That led to a later graphic on Fox News showing that 99% of “poor” (quotation marks included!) households had a refrigerator. It has been widely used since then to illustrate the out of touch nature of Fox, but it is probably better applied to conservative think tanks.

you didn't answer my question

9 hours ago, wxman91 said:

You and I aren't all that different in age and experience.  I went to UND on a reciprocity agreement,.  I worked minimum wage jobs (painting, laying sod, electrical wiring) in the summers.  Got my degrees and worked hard and now have a comfortable life.  

I, however, don't look at the Millenials and Gen Z with derision.  I look at the !@#$ sandwich that they've been handed and empathize with them.  During their lives college became a commodity, something that you can't just pay off while working minimum wage jobs.  They entered the job market during the Boomer and Gen X-fueled massive recession of 2008-2009 and the slow debt hangover recovery.  Post-recession, they came into jobs with no security and ratty benefits.  God forbid they had a health problem.  Now the low end of the totem pole is being kicked in the groin again by a damn pandemic.

You have set up the basement-dwelling Millenial/Z as a strawman to make yourself feel better.

But you are right in some way.  The US is no longer united.  We have those that are empathetic towards others, and we have assholes.  

No, we have winners and losers.  It’s always been that way since the dawn of time.  

I don’t need a straw man to feel better.  I’m annoyed by what I would call losers- coveting that which I have earned and trying to leverage a mob to enforce what they’re incapable of achieving on their own.  

I don’t bitch about paying a quarter mil/ in taxes until people start banging their class warfare drums.

• Upvote 3

Here's one of the first stories I've seen on this subject .

So far, more than 3,300 protesters have shown up to be tested and of that number, 40 percent -- or about 1,300 -- have gotten their test results back.

The paper reported that of that number only about 1.4 percent tested positive for the virus, the paper reported.

That’s lower than the 3.7 percent positivity rate reported Friday of 13,000 test results statewide, the paper reported. It is also lower than the current seven-day average rate of positive tests, which also stands at 3.7 percent. (Link to story)

8 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

OAN stands for One America News, a far-right news network that has been known to promote conspiracy theories and is often cited by President Donald Trump. The network, which has a fraction of the audience of Fox News, has tried to position itself as a place for a pro-Trump audience that believes other conservative news outlets have become too mainstream in their reporting.

So, if you're not watching MSLSD or CNN it's considered Far Right? Wow.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

America is turning into a South Park episode...

5D61BCA8-885D-4AE2-B036-24B5471F4AEF.jpeg

Must be one of those downtrodden Gen Y individuals wxman91 speaks so fondly about.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, wxman91 said:

You and I aren't all that different in age and experience.  I went to UND on a reciprocity agreement,.  I worked minimum wage jobs (painting, laying sod, electrical wiring) in the summers.  Got my degrees and worked hard and now have a comfortable life.  

I, however, don't look at the Millenials and Gen Z with derision.  I look at the !@#$ sandwich that they've been handed and empathize with them.  During their lives college became a commodity, something that you can't just pay off while working minimum wage jobs.  They entered the job market during the Boomer and Gen X-fueled massive recession of 2008-2009 and the slow debt hangover recovery.  Post-recession, they came into jobs with no security and ratty benefits.  God forbid they had a health problem.  Now the low end of the totem pole is being kicked in the groin again by a damn pandemic.

You have set up the basement-dwelling Millenial/Z as a strawman to make yourself feel better.

But you are right in some way.  The US is no longer united.  We have those that are empathetic towards others, and we have assholes.  

And while they are going to college to earn their degrees so they can have their minimum wage jobs, there are 6 figure paying jobs available for high school degrees throughout the Midwest and kids going to tech schools graduating to jobs paying $25+ per hour, and some companies will pay that tuition for those kids to go to school.  

They may not be sexy desk jobs, but their are plenty of opportunities available to make a great living and not have to eat your !@#$ sandwich

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, homer said:

And while they are going to college to earn their degrees so they can have their minimum wage jobs, their are 6 figure paying jobs available for high school degrees throughout the Midwest and kids going to tech schools graduating to jobs paying $25+ per hour, and some companies will pay that tuition for those kids to go to school.  

They may not be sexy desk jobs, but their are plenty of opportunities available to make a great living and not have to eat your !@#$ sandwich

Absolutely!

as for that sexy desk job- not so sexy...20 years later 20 pounds fatter 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Absolutely!

as for that sexy desk job- not so sexy...20 years later 20 pounds fatter 

20 years later, 20+ pounds fatter, mental stress and hand and back injuries. Oh, computers, so good and so bad. 

I've seen so many men and women get sucked in to the trap and in addition, seek out a chiropractor for back pain. Maybe.... just an idea, stand up at your desk, exercise and don't sit all day and not move. Look kids, your body was made to move. It's not that difficult to conceptualize.

17 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Another day, another soft kid crying to the sky leveraging Twitter and a hashtag for justice. Good lord! (Can I say that here?) I never knew Twitter in 2020 would be the future judicial system. What a time to be alive (a depressing and embarrassing time). 

Sigh... he's the best player on his team and one of the best players in all of college football and he called out his coach for supporting an openly racist organization (OAN).   He's certainly not a "soft kid" by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Sigh... he's the best player on his team and one of the best players in all of college football and he called out his coach for supporting an openly racist organization (OAN).   He's certainly not a "soft kid" by any stretch of the imagination.

Psh....

20 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Well, he publically apologized for being soft and going straight to Twitter when he should have been a man and gone straight to his coach.....so.......

31 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

in about 20 years that young man will look back at this and wonder why did i ever listen to don lemon

• Upvote 1

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic
  • UNDBIZ unlocked this topic