SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Well, he publically apologized for being soft and going straight to Twitter when he should have been a man and gone straight to his coach.....so.......

Right. Pretty bold for him to call out his coach on Twitter......over a tshirt......that he wore fishing.....as kids who are your peers are looting, rioting and burning things to the ground.....and you don't have a bold comment on that.

• Upvote 2

I just don’t understand the activist culture. Are people that bored and unhappy?  

I exhaust my brain 50 hours/week with work, handle chores around the house, manage kids’ activities, Ensure the family is healthy and happy, have a couple drinks...wash, rinse, repeat.  

don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world, but Who has time to worry about confederate generals or the tweet of the day, let alone some massive movement?  

I’ll tell you what- the BLM movement had me on board a couple weeks ago.  Not so much anymore- the hijacking of other causes and lunacy has completely taken away from the issue that got us all thinking about racism and bad cops.

12 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Absolutely!

as for that sexy desk job- not so sexy...20 years later 20 pounds fatter 

Desk jobs are back breaking work. I bartended/served and worked construction through college and man was that first desk job an adjustment! 

14 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I just don’t understand the activist culture. Are people that bored and unhappy?  

I exhaust my brain 50 hours/week with work, handle chores around the house, manage kids’ activities, Ensure the family is healthy and happy, have a couple drinks...wash, rinse, repeat.  

don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world, but Who has time to worry about confederate generals or the tweet of the day, let alone some massive movement?  

I’ll tell you what- the BLM movement had me on board a couple weeks ago.  Not so much anymore- the hijacking of other causes and lunacy has completely taken away from the issue that got us all thinking about racism and bad cops.

You vastly overestimate the amount of time required for activism.   There are plenty of people with productive jobs, kids, etc. who have time to participate in activist activities.  It's actually much more productive then anonymously complaining on a message board but I digress. 

Also just as an aside, you really can't spend 2 days lambasting "losers" and "participation trophies" and then defend statues to Confederate generals.  Those statues are the ultimate in participation trophies.

2 hours ago, dlsiouxfan said:

You vastly overestimate the amount of time required for activism.   There are plenty of people with productive jobs, kids, etc. who have time to participate in activist activities.  It's actually much more productive then anonymously complaining on a message board but I digress. 

Also just as an aside, you really can't spend 2 days lambasting "losers" and "participation trophies" and then defend statues to Confederate generals.  Those statues are the ultimate in participation trophies.

Didn't realize being part of civil disobedience, being unlawful, rioting, looting and in general inciting mayhem was productive but we'll once again see what happens Friday in Fargo as another "march" is planned.

Friday is Juneteenth....apparently it is a holiday. "We're all Americans and we all should value our history.....history makes us who we are today". Interesting take since we are currently picking and choosing which history to except or scrub. That quote was from Claudie Washington of the Duluth MN NAACP. Washington also said that "racism was the underlying factor" in why ND and other states don't recognize and celebrate Juneteenth.

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2020 at 10:43 AM, dlsiouxfan said:

Sigh... he's the best player on his team and one of the best players in all of college football and he called out his coach for supporting an openly racist organization (OAN).   He's certainly not a "soft kid" by any stretch of the imagination.

19 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

lol

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

Never defended statues of confederate generals.  My post was about taking the time to contemplate them. 

But on the general topic, should every defeated army leader in history With an unsavory affiliation or past be tossed into the garbage can of history?  

1 hour ago, dlsiouxfan said:

American history is obviously not your strong suit. Educate yourself and quit repeating idiotic libtard talking points.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

ND did a record 4419 tests yesterday.......42 positives. 

#awaitingthesurge

Just don't know what to make of the daily testing data reported. Daughter was tested 10 days ago and told 24-72 hours for results. Still nothing and she is getting the DOH run around and still not allowed to return to work. Same thing happened to a friend a month ago but he went back to work after quarantining 10 days. Day 12 he got word his test was negative. Not a conspiracy theorist but is the DOH delaying test results to force quarantines? Have others experienced this who were tested?  How do they count these 2 examples in the daily #s?  

3 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Never defended statues of confederate generals.  My post was about taking the time to contemplate them. 

But on the general topic, should every defeated army leader in history With an unsavory affiliation or past be tossed into the garbage can of history?  

No.  Regarding Confederate generals: not tossed into the garbage can of history, but not memorialized on the steps of courthouses and government property either.  Remove them and put them in a museum with the rest of America's unsavory history.

After all, these were the generals who helped lead the secession from the United States of America, breaking up our country with the aim of continuing slavery.

For those supporting the statutes of these traitors, I can't wait to see you also support the statutes memorializing the leaders of CHAZ/CHOP when they attempt to seceded from and break up our country as well.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

No.  Regarding Confederate generals: not tossed into the garbage can of history, but not memorialized on the steps of courthouses and government property either.  Remove them and put them in a museum with the rest of America's unsavory history.

After all, these were the generals who helped lead the secession from the United States of America, breaking up our country with the aim of continuing slavery.

For those supporting the statutes of these traitors, I can't wait to see you also support the statutes memorializing the leaders of CHAZ/CHOP when they attempt to seceded from and break up our country as well.

What BS. Civil War was not about slavery. It was already dying out due to industrial modernization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci now says MLB should not play baseball into October. (That's if there is a season)

Show of hands...... who else is completely tired of this guy?

The Dems are showing their hands a little early. They are openly cheering for a 2nd shutdown just in time for the election. Unfortunately this isn’t good news for collegiate sports in the fall no matter how ridiculous this all seems to be.

1 hour ago, SiouxCrioux1 said:

The Dems are showing their hands a little early. They are openly cheering for a 2nd shutdown just in time for the election. Unfortunately this isn’t good news for collegiate sports in the fall no matter how ridiculous this all seems to be.

Can we fire the Federal Govt?  Asking for a friend.

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci now says MLB should not play baseball into October. (That's if there is a season)

Show of hands...... who else is completely tired of this guy?

WIth cases bottoming out across the US, probably makes sense to keep ignoring experts in infectious disease and their recommendations, even if they are still continuing to learn about a novel virus that they had zero understanding of just a few months ago.

Encouraging to see how the warm weather in Texas, Arizona and Florida are wiping out the virus though.

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

WIth cases bottoming out across the US, probably makes sense to keep ignoring experts in infectious disease and their recommendations, even if they are still continuing to learn about a novel virus that they had zero understanding of just a few months ago.

Encouraging to see how the warm weather in Texas, Arizona and Florida are wiping out the virus though.

The warm weather thing didn't turn out to be much.  One saving grace is the virus is now being passed around by people who won't die from it, unlike two months ago. But, they can't keep LTC elderly locked up forever.  I know firsthand that it is seriously impairing their health just to be in their room all day.  

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Keep beating that drum in between combing thru death certificates to up the "died of Corona" total.

Look forward to the "experts" recommendations to lockdown the country again in mid October.....but we will let the protesting and rioting go on indefinitely.