SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Keep beating that drum in between combing thru death certificates to up the "died of Corona" total.

Look forward to the "experts" recommendations to lockdown the country again in mid October.....but we will let the protesting and rioting go on indefinitely.

I'm more concerned about the spike in hospitalization rates in some of those areas than what the death toll says. I see AZ is finally tightening some restrictions back up, which was always supposed to be the plan when the spikes that were bound to come surfaced. China had ~100 new cases in Bejing, contact traced it and implicated a partial lockdown to slow the spread. The US had 26,000 new cases yesterday and its mostly business as usual. But I guess if we just stop testing, all the cases will go away.

Not sure how Fauci giving his opinion that playing sports in colder weather is higher risk than if the finished earlier is all that controversial but we all need something to be up in arms about I guess.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Keep beating that drum in between combing thru death certificates to up the "died of Corona" total.

Look forward to the "experts" recommendations to lockdown the country again in mid October.....but we will let the protesting and rioting go on indefinitely.

It's absolutely shocking that they let you practice medicine

10 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

It's absolutely shocking that they let you practice medicine

Sorry if I'm not mindless lemming like you drinking the Kool-Aid at every turn.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I'm more concerned about the spike in hospitalization rates in some of those areas than what the death toll says. I see AZ is finally tightening some restrictions back up, which was always supposed to be the plan when the spikes that were bound to come surfaced. China had ~100 new cases in Bejing, contact traced it and implicated a partial lockdown to slow the spread. The US had 26,000 new cases yesterday and its mostly business as usual. But I guess if we just stop testing, all the cases will go away.

Not sure how Fauci giving his opinion that playing sports in colder weather is higher risk than if the finished earlier is all that controversial but we all need something to be up in arms about I guess.

So we've come full circle and the goalpost are now back to the original concern. Got it. Bejing?? When are we drumming up Italy again as well?

You do realize healthcare systems are crumbling due to financial issues. Layoffs, furloughs, pay cuts....and I could go on but let's keep waiting for the surge to overwhelm hospitals.

40 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Is China still only reporting cases with severe symptoms?  Or all positive tests like the US?

14 minutes ago, mikejm said:

You must've slept through US history class. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech

thanks for the link, not sure of original posters claims but I had heard somewhere about the reasons for the civil war, and vaguely recall that slavery although a big issue of the day was not the only issue.  Of course history much like many things is and can be very opinionated and in some cases down right false.  I would like to "know" a lot of things, unfortunately I often reach the "whom to believe" stage and skepticism reigns after that point.

Stephens' speech couldn't be more explicit:
"The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson [Davis, CSA president], in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

What was it about?

What is every war about? Money. International Tariffs to be specific.  You think all these southern white boys went to war to fight for the right for rich plantation owners to keep their slaves?

32 minutes ago, mikejm said:

Stephens' speech couldn't be more explicit:
"The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson [Davis, CSA president], in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right.

This is what I immediately thought of, too, when I saw the comment earlier.  This speech comes from the former VP of the Confederacy under Jeff Davis and delivered just before the onset of the Civil War. States rights, growing economic disparities between agrarian and manufacturing industries and a brave new world of even more interconnected geopolitical influences also were huge issues at the time (albeit, most of which were also tied to the question of slavery) but to suggest the threat of losing its "peculiar  institution" -- the Culture War of that time -- wasn't the core reason in favor of secession is a hard one to swallow.  Here is the oft quoted line from the speech: "Its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.  

19 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

What is every war about? Money. International Tariffs to be specific.  You think all these southern white boys went to war to fight for the right for rich plantation owners to keep their slaves?

Most didn't.... the Confederate Army had an extremely high desertion rate which is why it spent most of the war losing battles on it's own territory.  They also had frequent food shortages because southern plantation owners couldn't be persuaded to grow food crops to feed the troops that were leading the war effort instead of cotton and tobacco.

59 minutes ago, MrEdway said:

You're not entirely wrong when you say it was about money.  Nearly 1/2 of the South's wealth consisted of human capital.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Greatest.

Thread drift.

Ever.

unnamed.jpg.e19fa30308ff431e04139ac1810ca3fa.jpg 

In the last several weeks, there has been several ~20-hour gaps between successive posts - gave me hope at the time (not so much presently) that ALL would stand down from provocation, vilification and repellent denunciation that this thread largely represents.

21 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Fauci now says MLB should not play baseball into October. (That's if there is a season)

Show of hands...... who else is completely tired of this guy?

Per CNN Fauci warns football may not be played at all this year.

The guy is like herpes.......just never goes away.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 11:23 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

MDE has set a date of the week of July 27th to decide on schooling in MN.

3 options on the table:  Return to in-school learning, Hybrid of in-school and distance, or distance only.

If I were a betting man right now.... I think they will recommend Option 2*

What I DON'T want to see.... option 3

*What happens in 6 weeks could change my opinion on what they do. 

**In addition to Option 2, I would like MDE to give districts the freedom to go for option 1 if they want to.  I think RTR, TMB, Win-E-Mac, etc shouldn't have to follow the same thing as Minneapolis, St. Paul, A-H, etc. 

Just heard from a very reliable source Walz is currently thinking of getting kids in MN back to school but only 9 kids in a class at a time. Kids come to school every 3rd or 4th day depending on school size. Rest of schooling online where a good portion of the kids do nothing . Can't make this **** up.

Thousands protesting, rioting and looting for days......no problem. Light it up.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, krustyklown said:

In the last several weeks, there has been several ~20-hour gaps between successive posts - gave me hope at the time (not so much presently) that ALL would stand down from provocation, vilification and repellent denunciation that this thread largely represents.

March to a #300pager!

Too close to let it die now.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:00 AM, Oxbow6 said:

You do realize healthcare systems are crumbling due to financial issues. Layoffs, furloughs, pay cuts....and I could go on but let's keep waiting for the surge to overwhelm hospitals.

Hey everyone, remember me? 

Signed,
The Law of Unintended Consequences

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard from a variable reliable source Walz is currently thinking of getting kids in MN back to school but only 9 kids in a class at a time. Kids come to school every 3rd or 4th day depending on school size. Rest of schooling online where a good portion of the kids do nothing . Can't make this **** up.

Thousands protesting, rioting and looting for days......no problem. Light it up.

This seems silly. I hope this is wrong. 

On 6/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, Oxbow6 said:

Per CNN Fauci warns football may not be played at all this year.

The guy is like herpes.......just never goes away.

Dude, you can get rid of Herpes. :)