SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

6 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

I think Pinto plays with a lot of intensity and fire and some times it spills over. He will figure it out and become a better player/leader because of it.

He took a pretty good shot from the Omaha player...I think a lot of guys would have reacted similarly.

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Frisch playing huge minutes on this PK. 

Frisch had better be playing significant minutes. Why? As good as Kleven, Sanderson, et al, may be, there's no guarantee they'll make a smooth transition to the next level. 

Present D corp:

2 Seniors
3 Juniors
2 Sophs (first rounder JBD and second rounder Tychonick)
1 Freshman

I'd say there's a 70-80% chance in two seasons it'll be Tycho, Frisch, and a bunch of pups. 
I'd say there's a 20-30% chance in two seasons Frisch will be the "old man" of the group, with a bunch of pups.

3 hours ago, MDtoGF said:

Recap with thoughts on the Pinto hit and video from Weatherby on the weekend at the bottom of the recap/preview. Give it a read! https://seamoresports.com/2020/01/12/und-earns-4-1-saturday-victory-over-omaha-whats-next/

Gabinet did us a favor Friday, scouted well and used a game-plan that worked. 
Then to our staff’s credit we adjusted and the most prepared team won Saturday. One less weakness on our way to the four 

27 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Watched both and Perunovich’s was way worse in a intent to injure way, WTF be consistent.

1). Perunovich should have been suspended for multiple games. Horrible hit + repeat offender = a needed lesson. 

2) Pinto should be suspended. Senseless hit to the head and outside of the flow of the game

3) The NCHC should review the game and work with the officials on how to better manage the game. I’ve said these words far to many times while watching college hockey; “we will respond to those cheap shots/go after X player late in the third once the game is decided on the scoreboard”. If fans can see tensions building the refs should too. 

18 minutes ago, TNF said:

1). Perunovich should have been suspended for multiple games. Horrible hit + repeat offender = a needed lesson. 

2) Pinto should be suspended. Senseless hit to the head and outside of the flow of the game

3) The NCHC should review the game and work with the officials on how to better manage the game. I’ve said these words far to many times while watching college hockey; “we will respond to those cheap shots/go after X player late in the third once the game is decided on the scoreboard”. If fans can see tensions building the refs should too. 

But we know they’ll talk about it to look good but nothing will happen 

34 minutes ago, TNF said:

My son is playing his first year of squirts and even at that level (if the refs let too many things go) these kids start to take matters into their own hands. I know that the coaches tell these kids at all levels not to retaliate, but everyone has a breaking point. 

We all know Pinto has great skills and is willing to work.  I like knowing also that he has passion and intensity.  Now we will find out whether he learns this lesson or has control issues.  Ryan Duncan had passion and intensity too. 

Not condoning Pinto’s hit and it deserved the game in the stands, but Omaha was clearly targeting him all weekend and largely didn’t get checked by the refs as called out. Not just getting in his head, but I noticed several borderline intent/high potential to injure hits well before he eventually retaliated. Returning from WJC and a leading scorer, you can expect to get extra attention, but I wasn’t at all surprised he eventually gave something back and can’t say there wasn’t more or it wasn’t deserved. It was getting under my skin from the stands. He needs to learn to deal with it because he’ll likely be a focus in most games, but has to be tough to be out there with cheap shots taken at your health and ultimately your livelihood in hockey all weekend without taking a shot back...

2 hours ago, burd said:

We all know Pinto has great skills and is willing to work.  I like knowing also that he has passion and intensity.  Now we will find out whether he learns this lesson or has control issues.  Ryan Duncan had passion and intensity too. 

And Pinto has an extra 9 inches and 40 pounds.  

I think this suspension is complete BS.  

anybody remember what happened after Parise came back from WJC and got murdered by Anchorage.  It ended with Blaise calling a code red and Matt Greene beating the piss out of a guy.  Hawk got a game.  Blaiser pretty much admitted to ordering the code red!

1 minute ago, yzerman19 said:

And Pinto has an extra 9 inches and 40 pounds.  

I think this suspension is complete BS.  

anybody remember what happened after Parise came back from WJC and got murdered by Anchorage.  It ended with Blaise calling a code red and Matt Greene beating the piss out of a guy.  Hawk got a game.  Blaiser pretty much admitted to ordering the code red!

“DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?!?!”

”YOU’RE GD RIGHT I DID!!!”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, runaroundsioux said:

This 2 second video by an uno guy does not show what provoked Pinto to do this. 

This guy is also still complaining it was only a one game suspension when I cannot recall for the life of me any multi game suspensions in the last decade beyond Aaron Marvin’s back in 2009-10. 

• Upvote 2