SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha @ UND -- Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

4 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

No issue with Pinto.   He’s been abused all weekend.  He upped his value with the Sens.

jake Brandt is off his game tonight...pinto has Toews written all over him.  Freshman got pissed off, let it go.

better that than te soft hockey we saw last night!!

I was thinking the same.  He hasn't shown signs of being a bonehead, and it shows hie has fire. 

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

FWIW, an online article on Reddit states the Ottawa 67s attempted to get him to sign, he declined and said he was going to stay at North Dakota this year and next year as well, hoping for the NHL in 21-22.  

They did indeed try poaching him halfway through the season.

21 minutes ago, Cratter said:

They did indeed try poaching him halfway through the season.

With Ottawa’s track record over the last 2-3 years they should be last last ones trying to influence anyone about anything. The best thing for his development would be to stay away from that organization as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

No issue with Pinto.   He’s been abused all weekend.  He upped his value with the Sens.

jake Brandt is off his game tonight...pinto has Toews written all over him.  Freshman got pissed off, let it go.

better that than te soft hockey we saw last night!!

A stupid penalty is a stupid penalty.  Once you start taking those penalties and can justify it, you put your team in a bad position.  I am betting the same people that are shrugging it off would be all over Pinto if Omaha comes back like San Jose did against Vegas on a five minute major.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

A stupid penalty is a stupid penalty.  Once you start taking those penalties and can justify it, you put your team in a bad position.  I am betting the same people that are shrugging it off would be all over Pinto if Omaha comes back like San Jose did against Vegas on a five minute major.

Pinto may have overreacted to the hit he took but his teammates made up for it with an excellent kill.  Pinto is a team guy; his upside is well worth any penalty he takes.  #gardner

8 hours ago, tnt said:

I think everyone agrees it was a stupid penalty.  But I think it's also true that fans are willing to be more patient when the conduct is not a recurring retaliation/stupidity problem with that player.  Pinto is young; we will have to see if it's a problem for him.   He certainly put the team in a tough situation last night. 

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Over/under on the number of the usual twats (mostly Duluth fans these days) filling their diapers on Twitter because he said Sioux?