SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I think we’re better than that. Tomorrow’s important. It’s been awhile since we’ve been really good.

Agreed.
If DU is one of the top teams in the country...and I think that they are...then UND is right there with them.

Scheel, for the first time all season, was tested consistently and was great.  Some amazing saves to keep DU to one goal.
Defense had a few more lapses than I'd care to see, but against talented teams like DU and MSUM you'll expect their forwards to make some plays.

Get a few more goals to help out Scheel tomorrow night and let's get the win!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

Agreed.
If DU is one of the top teams in the country...and I think that they are...then UND is right there with them.

Scheel, for the first time all season, was tested consistently and was great.  Some amazing saves to keep DU to one goal.
Defense had a few more lapses than I'd care to see, but against talented teams like DU and MSUM you'll expect their forwards to make some plays.

Get a few more goals to help out Scheel tomorrow night and let's get the win!

Yep agree.  

To many D breakdowns (which includes forwards not helping out) and not enough from our forward group in the ozone.

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yep agree.  

To many D breakdowns (which includes forwards not helping out) and not enough from our forward group in the ozone.

Berry said in the postgame that spacing and gaps weren't good.  Denver's lone goal set up by our d men playing too wide in the neutral zone and allowed Denver an easy path to Scheel right up the middle.  

I think we are better than that too.  Denver is obviously a quality team, but that wasn't our best showing.  

Great college hockey game. Why is Denver good every year? Much respect for that program. Carle looked awfully disappointed at the end of the game.  He knows NoDak is a premiere team/program. Must hate losing to the guys in green. 

Pinto and Mismash need to bury. Solid game, gotta pop one in. 

Not sure what Zack Yon brings to the table.  Keane is better in every way and only has 2 years left. Get him on the 4th line or extra forward. 

11 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Link: https://youtu.be/bbSg4Gnkx6Y

Had to shake off the rust to figure out how to do it again. Apologies for the Xsplit watermark. Too cheap to pay for a license.

PS This is for SiouxSports folks, please don't share elsewhere.

Really, really appreciated this last night.  Thanks so very much for posting this link! 

These two play a lot of low-scoring games and this was one that was fun to watch. 

21 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Great college hockey game. Why is Denver good every year? Much respect for that program. Carle looked awfully disappointed at the end of the game.  He knows NoDak is a premiere team/program. Must hate losing to the guys in green. 

Not sure what Zack Yon brings to the table.  Keane is better in every way and only has 2 years left. Get him on the 4th line or extra forward. 

Agree on Zon , Keane brings energy to the fourth line and kills penalties very well.

UND has already profiled my weekend goal after skating to a double over time win last night, as I get set for a drive from Rawlins, Wyo. for tonight's game. UND was unable to win a similar game, last year at DU, so congrats to the team. Despite the win however, UND needs to have a much improved game overall today. First, the game was registered as a tie nationally and DU registered a point out of it. Secondly, I felt as though Denver won the game overall due to good shot opportunities and controlled the feel of the game. Sometimes goalies have to  be the heroes... Scheel was just that...still UND needs to find the back of the net more and have a convincing win. A Hawk/Sioux loss tonight and DU will have won the series. I have not been in Grand Forks for two years. Do most fans still call the team the Sioux? Booed last year by UND fans for cheering go Hawks.

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Carle has proven to be a tremendous recruiter.  Getting Brink and Chrona as kids that will contribute right away. 

Slava Demin played a ton of minutes last night and looks great as a 19 year old d man in the NCHC.  

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The coaching staff deserves credit for adjusting to the DU power play.

DU is big,  physical, skilled, well coached, and a good tendy. 

Brink is legit, reminds me of Oshie.

Serious Natty contenders.

Very good game from UND, focused, played for 70 minutes... very impressed, the Sioux fans who traveled got rewarded!

I liked Weatheby's performance too. Definitely could have won in regulation of the officials hadn't blown that goaltender interference call.

54 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Is there a way to sync the radio with the video that doesn't require a DVR? I don't have enough whiskey to listen to those two Denver morons tonight.

MIDCO carrying game tonight, does that mean that Eric Heinert and Jake will do the game?

47 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Watching the replay of DU’s lone goal, did it look like our forward kindof gave up on the play back in the neutral zone when DU was carrying the puck in? 

Yes, ND seemed to let the puck carrier waltz through all three zones.  I was yelling at my TV at that moment.  But, other than a few brief defensive breakdowns, UND played a damn good game last night.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Watching the replay of DU’s lone goal, did it look like our forward kindof gave up on the play back in the neutral zone when DU was carrying the puck in? 

I saw very little of last night's game but did see that goal.  That was my exact thought.

They must have played very well, though.  This team has played with arguably the two best teams in the country.  

• Upvote 1

I was able to sync Tim to my Roku feed by pausing it within 1 second difference.

As long as there isn't a large time gap I can get pretty close.

Tim also mentioned last night  syncmygame.com (sp) website to do it. Haven't tried it but might work out for you.

• Upvote 1