SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance at the Ralph

Siouxperfan7

Watched the prices fall on tickets for this weekend over the past couple of days over in the ticket thread.  Lower bowl dropping to $30 or less was unimaginable a few years ago.

Demand is just plain down all over the place.

Time for UND to adjust face price downward???  No need to incur TM fees and pay full freight...those poor people are just getting ripped off.

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Where are the students?  You used to have to stand in line to get seats at the Ralph!!  This is absolutely embarrassing and unacceptable. 

41301B5E-586E-470D-B183-8DCF85CD686A.jpeg

They’ve had trash attendance for years. 

I had suite tickets a couple years ago with some students in the suite and they left with 5 minutes left in a 1 goal game against DU to go to a frat party. (we scored with a minute left to send the game to OT) 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Where are the students?  You used to have to stand in line to get seats at the Ralph!!  This is absolutely embarrassing and unacceptable. 

3 day weekend and a trash team last year will do that yeah?

A more realistic pic would have been not ten minutes before pick drop.

And those seats aren't just students but also general admission to non students. 

I noticed the lack of attendance throughout the whole arena Saturday against Tech.

There was actually room to walk around the concourse so I'm not complaining.

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

A more realistic pic would have been not ten minutes before pick drop.

And those seats aren't just students but also general admission to non students. 

I noticed the lack of attendance throughout the whole arena Saturday against Tech.

There was actually room to walk around the concourse so I'm not complaining.

The picture,  according to the scoreboard in it,  is halfway through the first though :whistling:

Tomorrow ticket availability looks like this, so if the student section isn’t full, this is an issue 

DFED2B66-B0A3-476B-B106-73617E3A50F5.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Watched the prices fall on tickets for this weekend over the past couple of days over in the ticket thread.  Lower bowl dropping to $30 or less was unimaginable a few years ago.

Time for UND to adjust face price downward???  No need to incur TM fees and pay full freight...those poor people are just getting ripped off.

$15 now to park at the Ralph unless one takes a shuttle or walks a mile.

3 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sold my tickets for tonight’s game vs Miami-Ohio on Ticketmaster through myNorthDakota account at 3:45 pm, less than 3.5 hours prior to puck drop for “suggested Ticketmaster price” of $60 each. Due to circumstances, I’ve only made the UManitoba exhibition game so far. Have sold my tickets every other game without a problem. Lowest I went was $40 each last Saturday vs BSU. Sold a couple times via this message board and the rest through Ticketmaster. Last couple years I couldn’t give them away on some weekends, early or late in the year.

I’m way more optimistic about the demand this year. They keep playing like they have been, that demand will take care of itself. 

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Those historically accurate banners bring tears of joy to my eyes though.

• Upvote 2

Fans in general aren't coming to the games. It isn't limited to students.  Unsold student hockey tickets turn into general admission seating for the public I believe on the Thursday of game week so clearly there wasn't a demand by non-student fans either.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

There would be if price was more family friendly.

I'll bite and call BS.  How many times has it been said on this site hockey is a niche sport??  FB on the other hand is not yet the attendance at the Alerus is embarrassing and tickets are half the price.

#wherearethefamilies

Attendance last night 10500

FB vs MSU was 8600

• Upvote 3

UND should get creative.

Family packs: 4 tix, 4 dogs, 4 sodas, and a foam finger for $99.00 (and no service fees).  Push out the marketing through the schools, and local employers.  Buy X packs in a single season, be entered in a drawing for season tickets the next.  How hard can it be?

When will they realize that the market will not always sustain $40-50 plus TM fees per ticket?  The REA has had a great run, but it's obviously not immune to economic reality and declining attendance.  UND may have squeezed the last penny out of that place in terms of premium pricing and season ticket revenue, barring another historic run of championship caliber teams.  Even then, there are no guarantees.

Could always do curtains. ;)

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Long weekend, deer opener, and on-campus enrollment being in the tank don't help. 

This... it's pretty easy. We're also two years into a NCAA tourney drought. Wins drive the boat. Not worried if we continue to play like we have this season.

Deer opener has always seen an attendance drop and always will.

• Upvote 2