SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance at the Ralph

Siouxperfan7

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nfl games don't have to worry about attendance....just saying that someone thinking outside the box or moving away from the old "this is how we have always done it" mentality is refreshing especially when it works as it is in atlanta..

family of 4

40 x 4

parking ??? 20 bucks?

food 50

remove some of these obstacles and it might help...or maybe it won't

My point is, the issue isn't what goes on around the arena ,i.e. prices, @SiouxFan100 said it themself, "Ticket prices aren't a factor."

If people want to go, they'll go. People just aren't wanting to go. If it was cheaper, that would be nice, yes, but that isn't the driving factor to get butts in seats. ON ICE product is a bigger driver. I'm sure they lost quite a few people for missing playoffs for the past few years instead of cost reasons.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yup, I get it. Doesn't solve our "problem".

This thread points at a larger problem for sports as a whole that I'm not convinced UND has. 

Agreed. I'm not local so I can't speak to this, but are all home games televised locally?  This would and could be a huge reason why people don't show. Too readily available to watch at home with your own toilet and beer fridge. Not to mention food and comfort.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Yup, I get it. Doesn't solve our "problem".

This thread points at a larger problem for sports as a whole that I'm not convinced UND has. 

point 1 join big10=increased attendance = more money

point 2 get rid of no fun police=more students being allowed to be students and have fun=more attendance and with less food costs maybe they actually buy a hot dog or two=more money

point 3 allow smoking=i think some people that leave early are smokers that need their fix in a bad way

point 4 lower ticket prices=worked for food in atlanta why not try it....10 per seat is better than 2000 empty seats getting u zero

point 5 lower food prices=seems to working well for atlanta

point 6 no parking fees=didn't hae em in the past so why start now

point 7 bring back beer gma=beer on the big screen means more people wanting a beer=more money

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

My point is, the issue isn't what goes on around the arena ,i.e. prices, @SiouxFan100 said it themself, "Ticket prices aren't a factor."

If people want to go, they'll go. People just aren't wanting to go. If it was cheaper, that would be nice, yes, but that isn't the driving factor to get butts in seats. ON ICE product is a bigger driver. I'm sure they lost quite a few people for missing playoffs for the past few years instead of cost reasons.

ticket prices aren't a factor in Grand Forks?....see the thread entitled "GF Economy".....

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

point 1 join big10=increased attendance = more money

point 2 get rid of no fun police=more students being allowed to be students and have fun=more attendance and with less food costs maybe they actually buy a hot dog or two=more money

point 3 allow smoking=i think some people that leave early are smokers that need their fix in a bad way

point 4 lower ticket prices=worked for food in atlanta why not try it....10 per seat is better than 2000 empty seats getting u zero

point 5 lower food prices=seems to working well for atlanta

point 6 no parking fees=didn't hae em in the past so why start now

point 7 bring back beer gma=beer on the big screen means more people wanting a beer=more money

This point is irrelevant unless we figure out how to resurrect the dead to bring Beer Grandma back. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

point 1 join big10=increased attendance = more money -- What makes you think this will increase attendance? Outside of Minny and Wisconsin, who we try and consistently have on our schedule, our fans couldn't care less about the other teams.

point 2 get rid of no fun police=more students being allowed to be students and have fun=more attendance and with less food costs maybe they actually buy a hot dog or two=more money -- More money by selling cheaper food? No, that's not how it works unless there's a MASSIVE amount of food sold over what was sold before.

point 3 allow smoking=i think some people that leave early are smokers that need their fix in a bad way -- Lol really? C'mon. By the way, this has a 0.0% chance of happening.

point 4 lower ticket prices=worked for food in atlanta why not try it....10 per seat is better than 2000 empty seats getting u zero -- You sure this will drive attendance? Is the cost of attendance the only reason people don't come to games? No.

point 5 lower food prices=seems to working well for atlanta -- There's no indication from your article that it's "working". You said it yourself, NFL teams don't worry about attendance. It's actually very like not "working" as they are making less money.

point 6 no parking fees=didn't hae em in the past so why start now -- Because it makes the REA money haha. It's a business. 

point 7 bring back beer gma=beer on the big screen means more people wanting a beer=more money -- Beer grandma = attendance. Got it lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

This point is irrelevant unless we figure out how to resurrect the dead to bring Beer Grandma back. 

didn't know she was dead....but...find the oldest person in the arena with a beer and make sure the second that beer is going down she's on the big screen.....beer gma 2.0 or grandpa....

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Ticket prices are 100% a factor. This limits the number of games I, and others like me, am able to attend.

Yeah, if people want to attend they will, but everyone has limits of how often this can happen. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nfl games don't have to worry about attendance....just saying that someone thinking outside the box or moving away from the old "this is how we have always done it" mentality is refreshing especially when it works as it is in atlanta..

family of 4

40 x 4

parking ??? 20 bucks?

food 50

remove some of these obstacles and it might help...or maybe it won't

Let me phone a friend to get some advice on how to deal with this.............

download.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Ticket prices are 100% a factor. This limits the number of games I, and others like me, am able to attend.

Yeah, if people want to attend they will, but everyone has limits of how often this can happen. 

Ticket prices are a factor for some, not ALL people who may want to attend.

Like previously stated, lowering prices may help on a single game ticket basis, but what benefits most is raising season ticket numbers. If there's still a wait list, that's fantastic. If that goes away, the issue isn't the price, it's the product.

The whole thread started regarding STUDENT attendance. You can lead a horse to water, can't make it drink. They have the opportunity to go, just choose not to.

Just now, Langster019 said:

Ticket prices are a factor for some, not ALL people who may want to attend.

Like previously stated, lowering prices may help on a single game ticket basis, but what benefits most is raising season ticket numbers. If there's still a wait list, that's fantastic. If that goes away, the issue isn't the price, it's the product.

The whole thread started regarding STUDENT attendance. You can lead a horse to water, can't make it drink. They have the opportunity to go, just choose not to.

my buddy had two tixs on the online sale site last night and no nibbles...tried to give em away to neighbors...nothing...it's more than just students staying at home.

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

my buddy had two tixs on the online sale site last night and no nibbles...tried to give em away to neighbors...nothing...it's more than just students staying at home.

Again.... three day weekend, opening hunting, two years of not making the tournament. 

Again.... three day weekend, opening hunting, two years of not making the tournament. 

they were free......

"hey wants some free tickets to the game to the conference opener"

"who we play"

'miami"

"hurricanes?"

"no the team from oxford, ohio"

"no thanks"

or

"who we play"

'notre dame"

"fighting irish"

"yes!!!!"

"i'll take em all and if hot dog prices were lower i would probably buy 10 of them!!!!!!!"

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

they were free......

"who we play"

'miami"

"hurricanes?"

"no the team from oxford, ohio"

"no thanks"

or

"who we play"

'notre dame"

"fighting irish"

"yes!!!!"

"i'll take em all and if hot dog prices were lower i would probably buy 10 of them!!!!!!!"

I don't know the reasons that people don't want free tickets. So see my point about wins. Just keep winning.

I'd be very surprised to hear of any fans being drawn to the REA because of Notre Dame hockey.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Ok, so see my point about wins. Just keep winning.

I'd be very surprised to hear of any fans being drawn to the REA because of Notre Dame hockey.

so your saying the quality of the opponent or the national prestige of the school that UND plays in any sport has no bearing on attendance? interesting?  

2 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Half empty/hyperpole/hurts credibility.

remember the pic at the beginning of this thread only shows part of the ralph.......lots of empty seats everywhere in the buidling...not saying half empty but do we wait until it literally becomes half full?

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

so your saying the quality of the opponent or the national prestige of the school that UND plays in any sport has no bearing on attendance? interesting?  

If that team were Minnesota or Wisconsin, there'd be a bump, but we have them on the schedule often. Do you really believe our opponent last night being Notre Dame would have drawn a sell out ... on a three-day, hunting opener weekend? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If that team were Minnesota or Wisconsin, there'd be a bump, but we have them on the schedule often. Do you really believe our opponent last night being Notre Dame would have drawn a sell out ... on a three-day, hunting opener weekend? 

yes.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yes.

Can you explain what makes you think that? This is hockey, not football. 

They have zero national championships and UND has played them maybe 30 times period. So, they're not a powerhouse traditionally have no history with UND. 

• Upvote 1

Can you explain why you think that? This is hockey, not football. 

They have zero national championships and UND has played them maybe 3 times period. So, they're not a powerhouse traditionally have no history with UND. 

no history with UND?...maybe you don't know your history of UND. come on.