SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance at the Ralph

Siouxperfan7

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

If this game was against Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, or Notre Dame the place would've been packed the rafters....just saying...

think ralph would be happy that the sioux are in the nchc instead of the big10?

Yes...because it’s a better conference.

@SIOUXFAN97 I hope you're kidding.

But to the larger point. Why do fans who attend care so much if students fill the seats? I'd be willing to bet that the students you want to fill those seats couldn't care less about the game or they would be there. No point in filling the stands with students who don't care. The ones who do care show up. And you show up.

You're there, enjoying the game, and if they win thats what we all want. I could be the only one in the stands and would really only care if they win or lose. Not who's sitting or not sitting across the building.

1. join big10 

2.  get rid of the no fun police (at the alerus too)

3.  allow smoking in the olympic rink during the intermissions (hennessy approved)

4.  lower ticket prices

5.  lower food prices

6.  eliminate parking fees

7. bring back beer grandma (part of the no fun police getting fired)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

@SIOUXFAN97 I hope you're kidding.

But to the larger point. Why do fans who attend care so much if students fill the seats? I'd be willing to bet that the students you want to fill those seats couldn't care less about the game or they would be there. No point in filling the stands with students who don't care. The ones who do care show up. And you show up.

You're there, enjoying the game, and if they win thats what we all want. I could be the only one in the stands and would really only care if they win or lose. Not who's sitting or not sitting across the building.

kidding about what?  a half empty ralph is lethal to our athletic department...things have to change

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kidding about what?  a half empty ralph is lethal to our athletic department...things have to change

The thoughts on the BIG10.

They're not a superior hockey conference. 

And I'm no guru, but working in sports for some time, lowering prices is a slippery slope that doesn't mean attendance rises. You want attendance to rise in Season Tickets not single game. Once you lower prices, and it flops or doesn't help attendance, you're screwed because then you piss off people by raising again. You're better to keep consistency and rely and on the ON ICE product to drive attendance. More wins does that.

Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, as much as I hate to use them as a reference. Success brings fans. They haven't bee super good the last couple years but they still fill the building because of that success from 2010-2016

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

give out minors to students that even remotely look like they are drunk and having a good time....and took beer grandma off the big screen?

I am against this

i don’t think my college experience would have been as fun as it was if I had to play under these rules

14 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

The thoughts on the BIG10.

They're not a superior hockey conference. 

And I'm no guru, but working in sports for some time, lowering prices is a slippery slope that doesn't mean attendance rises. You want attendance to rise in Season Tickets not single game. Once you lower prices, and it flops or doesn't help attendance, you're screwed because then you piss off people by raising again. You're better to keep consistency and rely and on the ON ICE product to drive attendance. More wins does that.

Look at the Chicago Blackhawks, as much as I hate to use them as a reference. Success brings fans. They haven't bee super good the last couple years but they still fill the building because of that success from 2010-2016

who would've thought that actually lowering prices on something might work.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/06/were-evangelists-this-why-atlanta-falcons-are-selling-hot-dogs/

28 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

1. join big10 

2.  get rid of the no fun police (at the alerus too)

3.  allow smoking in the olympic rink during the intermissions (hennessy approved)

4.  lower ticket prices

5.  lower food prices

6.  eliminate parking fees

7. bring back beer grandma (part of the no fun police getting fired)

So, in short.... 

1 -- Leave the best conference in the country

The rest (other than the Grandma, because we all love that) -- The REA decides to make itself less money.

Seems like a solid plan ;)

2 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I'm a bad reader. Where does it say it increased attendance?

nfl games don't have to worry about attendance....just saying that someone thinking outside the box or moving away from the old "this is how we have always done it" mentality is refreshing especially when it works as it is in atlanta..

family of 4

40 x 4

parking ??? 20 bucks?

food 50

remove some of these obstacles and it might help...or maybe it won't

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, in short.... 

1 -- Leave the best conference in the country

The rest (other than the Grandma, because we all love that) -- The REA decides to make itself less money.

Seems like a solid plan ;)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/03/06/were-evangelists-this-why-atlanta-falcons-are-selling-hot-dogs/