SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis game day

90siouxfan

1 minute ago, SiouxForeverandEver said:

What a game! Yes, we had mistakes but we are never going to play a perfect game! Nice win. 

Ouch. This is not the approach I want UND football to take, but I think you say what Bubba thinks ....... 

UND played far from a perfect game. They need to do much better. Not throw awful passes for interceptions. Not miss field goals. Not give up fake punts for 1st downs. Not get 0 points after turnovers. There are plenty of concerns that UND has to address and even then would certainly not be perfect. 

47 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Holy !@#$ some of you need to step back from the ledge. Absolutely embarrassing. The team gutted it out and everyone should be proud of that. Yes, we could have done some things better...but they could have as well. Enjoy the win and look for some improvement next week.

“Enjoy the win” is almost like the participation trophy. Yeah we won. Was it pretty?  Nope. If we want to be a legit D1 team this win today isn’t what we should want 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

“Enjoy the win” is almost like the participation trophy. Yeah we won. Was it pretty?  Nope. If we want to be a legit D1 team this win today isn’t what we should want 

Was it too close at the end? Yes. Could we have won by more? Yes. They found a way to win and that’s all that matters for this weeks record.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

And how'd you feel down 1 with less than 3 minutes to play?

They were sitting on the same throws Kett made on the last drive the two possessions prior.  I was really nervous.  Glad they decided to lay off and give the short stuff again.  

On the last drive #8 was 5 of 7 and I bet he averaged 6 yards a completion   

It was a win against the #12 team. Hopefully, the result inspires more fans to turn out.

I really hope the conservativism was on Danny and not Bubba. Danny is still learning and can adjust, just as he did from last week to this week. If it's Bubba, then we need a new HC regardless of the results of this season. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

It was a win against the #12 team. Hopefully, the result inspires more fans to turn out.

I really hope the conservativism was on Danny and not Bubba. Danny is still learning and can adjust, just as he did from last week to this week. If it's Bubba, then we need a new HC regardless of the results of this season. 

It’s Bubba. It’s the pattern we’ve witnessed for the past 6 years; obviously Bubba.

Day by Day

Toe to Toe

Yes, UND won the game and at certain times look great...

but this no killer instinct in... ironically, killing UND.

At midfield, 25 seconds left in the half with a timeout.  You gain 20-25 yards and have at least a crack at a field goal.   I get maybe sitting on it if you get the ball back in the 2nd half... but come on.  Try something....

7:26 to go, off a pick, at the Davis 21... you run in 3 straight times? Alerus Center crowd was right to boo those decisions

Stick the damn dagger in.  come on....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Now for the glass half-full

UND still has said yes to my 2 questions to getting to 8-3 on the year

1) Undefeated at home (Yes, 3-0 so far and only one tough game left at home with 2 tomato cans)

2) Beat the tomato cans (Got 4 coming up in ID ST, Poly, SUU, and UNC)

To reword an old Sioux Sports phrase: Anything less than 2 road wins in the next two weeks is unacceptable. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Yes, UND won the game and at certain times look great...

but this no killer instinct in... ironically, killing UND.

At midfield, 25 seconds left in the half with a timeout.  You gain 20-25 yards and have at least a crack at a field goal.   I get maybe sitting on it if you get the ball back in the 2nd half... but come on.  Try something....

7:26 to go, off a pick, at the Davis 21... you run in 3 straight times? Alerus Center crowd was right to boo those decisions

Stick the damn dagger in.  come on....

Good example just happened during the GA vs TN game. Vols missed a field goal with just over a minute in the half. Bulldogs got the ball on the 40 and marched downfield for a TD. 

6 hours ago, Cratter said:

14 to 7.

Going to be a fight til the end.

Game might come down to turnovers and momentum.

Defense caused 3 turnovers and had to contend with an opposing coach that was aggressive and went for it a lot on fourth downs and even a fake punt.

350 yards offense for UND in the first half.

Only 124 yards for UND offense in the second half.