SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis game day

90siouxfan

I'm sure the UCD fans are talking about things they could have done better. I thought their tackling by their secondary players was poor , especially early in the game such as the TD pass to Maag. That's how football is, lots of coulda/shouldas afterwards. Enjoy the win. ISU will be tough next week.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ouch. This is not the approach I want UND football to take, but I think you say what Bubba thinks ....... 

UND played far from a perfect game. They need to do much better. Not throw awful passes for interceptions. Not miss field goals. Not give up fake punts for 1st downs. Not get 0 points after turnovers. There are plenty of concerns that UND has to address and even then would certainly not be perfect. 

You know nothing....period

• Downvote 4

33 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

That is where I am at.  I feel like on any given Saturday, this team is either on the cusp of greatness, or threshold of falling apart. 

Today's game was frustrating at times, but at the end of the day, I got to attend a very entertaining football game today and see my favorite team defeat a highly ranked DI opponent and defending Big Sky Conference champion.  

It was a good day....,.

Does a 2-4 team ( should be 1-5 ) deserve a top ranking ?  Highly unlikely.   

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Does a 2-4 team ( should be 1-5 ) deserve a top ranking ?  Highly unlikely.   

We can't control who we play, or how they are ranked when we play them.  

But we came out with the win today, not sure what other result would be better..... 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

We can't control who we play, or how they are ranked when we play them.  

But we came out with the win today, not sure what other result would be better..... 

A win is a win 

I can be upset you can be happy. Different expectations 

Simple question.....is UC Davis worthy of a #12 ranking?  Also ...is eastern worthy of any ranking ?  

Was a fun game to be at. I think UND can be a top 20 team. I think Boltman and McKinney are the only true home run hitters on the field and continuing to get the ball in their hands will make or break this offense. I think the loss of Otis Weah looms incredibly large. I love James, but he looked beat up and hobbled. I think this is the best we can expect out of Kett. I think this year the coaching staff needs to play to win not play not to lose. I think if we can get home a few more times and pickup a couple sacks per game, we will be in most games. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Galvin's likely done. 

Terrible call. Was standing on rail in end zone by the Midco Cameraman...watched it several times on his screen...why have review? I think the problem was that 4 of those dipshits threw their flags on the play and they would look like complete idiots as a crew instead of just one guy getting it wrong.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

One thing I noticed was how valuable Galvin is at safety.  His loss made a difference..

I thought the targeting call against him was at least questionable...

UND is hard to figure out; one week it seems the defense will be the strength of the team, the next we have to win in a shootout.  

Let's not forget these guys had NDSU on the ropes in Fargo a couple weeks ago.  I'll chalk this up as a good win.  

• Upvote 3

Been thinking about the whole situation with Kett.  Seems at this point he does well when he is a game manager and knows where he is going with the ball and the play is very well setup.  

He gets into trouble when he has to throw the ball downfield(missed Maag badly late in the game) or when he is under pressure or needs to “make a play”.  Maybe by half-time Danny was through the Cal Davis play book.   Sounds a little crazy, but watch the game again and keep what I said in mind.

Confidence had to be shaken after the performance in Cheney and remember Kett missed several weeks of practice.

Here's Bubba describing Bubba Ball Philosophy at the end of second quarters:

"let's not get crazy here and give them some momentum late in the half."

Maybe even the end of the games too...Bubba always thinking lets not get crazy to give the other team momentum.:whistling: