SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...

Frozen4sioux

• 4 months later...

Personally i'm sick of bribing students to come to game and stay at games.  Either they want to be there or they don't.  They already get discounted or free tickets to all events.  Either come to the games or the university will sell the sit to someone who wants to be there.  This is separate from trying to make the game experience better.  I'm all for making the Ralph, Alerus, and Betty a more fun place to be, am just tired of the free pizza, bubba bucks and Nodak rewards.

Times have changed - except for the band, (which plays in Heaven there is no beer way too often), students just aren't into it the way they used to be. A random "Let's Go Sioux" or Sioux Yah Yah every once in awhile is the new normal. Also everything that used to make it fun is not allowed or is usurped by the orchestrated music and announcements. Can you imagine them letting someone enter with a long pole and a rubber chicken attached to the end and hovering it over the visiting goalie during warm-up - they did in the 70s.  They probably wouldn't even let someone wear a hard hat with a red revolving light on it into the building (again the 70s), but I digress.

• Like 1

I would be nice to see the REA utilize the new scoreboard and other scoreboards for things other than just advertising.  You know, videos and features that would be used to make the gameday experience better for fans.  Unfortunately, they will likely be used as billboards.  Welcome to sporting events in 2019 I guess.

• Upvote 1

In the end, everyone can point fingers all they want as to what can make it more fun, but it's the butts in the seats that have to cheer, make noise, and give it more of that party atmosphere.  When someone is trying to cheer, don't stop 'em or ignore 'em, join 'em (obviously belligerent people are exceptions).  The more people join, the more fun it can be.  When someone tries to have fun, everyone gives them the death stare or ignores them, which discourages anyone else from trying to cheer or have fun.

I will point one finger at the cheap DJ soundtrack that gets played every time I'm there.  Zero creativity and the kiddie songs have got to go.

• Upvote 1

You plop little kids down in front of a TV they will set there and watch without saying a word.   Give them space, books and rudimentary tools and they will invent their own games.   Giant scoreboards, sound systems, and light shows are impressive, but they are like giant TV sets in the living room. 

I realize even kids of college age are conditioned to passively depend on their electronic toys, but you aren't going to liven up that section by entertaining them. 

1 hour ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

How about ushers that don’t make you feel like you’re in church. Especially the ones that watch the student section like prison guards. 

At Ralph I, they watched the rows along the glass like prison guards in case someone chucked a badger or gopher.  Other sections, not much. 

I think winning regularly & getting in the playoffs & then the F4 & winning it all is alot more Fun than last yr  - But I'm a 40 yr Fighting Sioux Hockey Fan & a 50 yr Vikings Fan (I still have hope our Hockey Team can be Fun) & every few decades the Twins can be Fun - Bottom line "You can't beat Fun for a good time" 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, burd said:

At Ralph I, they watched the rows along the glass like prison guards in case someone chucked a badger or gopher.  Other sections, not much. 

Not when I was there.....I touched the glass while standing up before the game ever started and got screamed at that I wasn't supposed to touch the glass because i would break it into a thousand little pieces if I touched it.  We got told off for standing up so someone could pass by us or for not sitting quickly enough after the first whistle.

You people are WRONG and very Selfish. Just because you can see doesn't mean others can. If those jackasses are going to stand for whole game than get standing room only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I buy tickets and a SEAT TO SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE GAME, not to look at somebody's fat head!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/14/2019 at 12:35 AM, Big A HG said:

In the end, everyone can point fingers all they want as to what can make it more fun, but it's the butts in the seats that have to cheer, make noise, and give it more of that party atmosphere.  When someone is trying to cheer, don't stop 'em or ignore 'em, join 'em (obviously belligerent people are exceptions).  The more people join, the more fun it can be.  When someone tries to have fun, everyone gives them the death stare or ignores them, which discourages anyone else from trying to cheer or have fun.

All of this is true. But I much prefer loud synth music. Clever, fun, or loud isn’t necessary when it’s all done for us. I also really hope we keep the same goal song, I love it and mixing it up would be confusing. 

15 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

All of this is true. But I much prefer loud synth music. Clever, fun, or loud isn’t necessary when it’s all done for us. I also really hope we keep the same goal song, I love it and mixing it up would be confusing. ;)

fixed your post :D

On 9/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, dakknight said:

You people are WRONG and very Selfish. Just because you can see doesn't mean others can. If those jackasses are going to stand for whole game than get standing room only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I buy tickets and a SEAT TO SIT DOWN AND WATCH THE GAME, not to look at somebody's fat head!!

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2