SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...

Frozen4sioux

You want to take away reasons for people to get out of their seats? Roaming beer guys/gals. Probably screws up sight lines. 

Biggest problem for me not being engaged at games is you are kind of treated like a stick in the mud if you dont want to race the end bars at every intermission.  And if you end up there,  inevitably there's some who never want to leave. Im sure there's nothing that can be done due to the amount of revenue,  but i dont see how that isnt part of the problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

Biggest problem for me not being engaged at games is you are kind of treated like a stick in the mud if you dont want to race the end bars at every intermission.  And if you end up there,  inevitably there's some who never want to leave. Im sure there's nothing that can be done due to the amount of revenue,  but i dont see how that isnt part of the problem.

My season tickets in the early 2000's were at the end of the row.  I'd be up and down to allow passers-by back to there seats upwards of 15-20 times a game, not including the end-of-period breaks.  

15 hours ago, Irish said:

Are they ill-tempered?   Seriously, one thing that could change easily is that incessant mood-killing crap coming over the PA during every break.  If play stops during an exciting stretch dominated by the Sioux, you can count on the PA to take the crowd out of it with blaring music or a commercial.  Those who were in Vegas can see the difference. 

The DJ thinks it’s all about him. God forbid the crowd make some noise or enjoy the moment, instead blast them back into their seats. Colleges have bands, use them  

They do the same at Blue Jackets games. Never allow the crowd to get into the game. The sadist DJ thinks the crowd is incapable of being part of the game and blows he place up past jet engine decibel level at every single break. It literally wears you out. People bring ear plugs to the games. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

When we had to sneak in alcohol and varmits 

I _may_ hold the record for being ejected and re-admitted to the old Ralph: three times out and four times in for me during one game!

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

My season tickets in the early 2000's were at the end of the row.  I'd be up and down to allow passers-by back to there seats upwards of 15-20 times a game, not including the end-of-period breaks.  

Don't forget having your feet stepped on and beer spilled on you, too. 

On 4/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, Vegas_Sioux said:

The RC club did it then aerospace got involved and wrote a policy and procedures manual as thick as the multi engine course p&p. 

seriously...i remember when they had 3 indoor blimps...great way of "no in your face advertising" between periods...plus dropping free coupons on your head was always fun....

• Upvote 2

Soooo we should go bat !@#$ crazy after the National Anthem to THUNDERSTRUCK.... I know waiting for the color guard to walk away is a thing of respect, but watching NHL playoffs today it seems to me they go straight into music. If the band played or if there was a song going into puck drop it would get things going off to the right start eh?

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Soooo we should go bat !@#$ crazy after the National Anthem to THUNDERSTRUCK.... I know waiting for the color guard to walk away is a thing of respect, but watching NHL playoffs today it seems to me they go straight into music. If the band played or if there was a song going into puck drop it would get things going off to the right start eh?

Although see the the exploding triggered heads of the denim overall clad brethren to the south would be enjoyable.... 

There is possibly nothing in the world of sports as overdone, stale, and cringy as yet another team using thunderstruck pregame.

28 minutes ago, MissSioux85 said:

I attended an Islanders game when UND was in town to play at MSG.

They zero in on folks in the crowd who are on their phones and then start a countdown clock to see how long it takes that person to look up/pay attention to what's going on, and they realize they are on the big screen. Needless to say, most folks were a little embarrassed.

That sounds like a great idea. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/20/2019 at 12:37 AM, CarpeRemote said:

The DJ thinks it’s all about him. God forbid the crowd make some noise or enjoy the moment, instead blast them back into their seats. Colleges have bands, use them  

They do the same at Blue Jackets games. Never allow the crowd to get into the game. The sadist DJ thinks the crowd is incapable of being part of the game and blows he place up past jet engine decibel level at every single break. It literally wears you out. People bring ear plugs to the games. 

Nailed it.  The announcer at the UND games sounds like an auctioneer trying to cram as many announcements/ads in as possible anytime play stops.  Not sure how much of that is mandated of him and how much it's him liking the sound of his own voice.

13 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Nailed it.  The announcer at the UND games sounds like an auctioneer trying to cram as many announcements/ads in as possible anytime play stops.  Not sure how much of that is mandated of him and how much it's him liking the sound of his own voice.

You think he just makes the stuff up as he goes along?

Every announcement is scripted and scheduled. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You think he just makes the stuff up as he goes along?

Every announcement is scripted and scheduled. 

Yes, this. 

Its the damn blaring kiddipop at such inappropriate times thatbreally ruin the flow. 

Announcer has to stick to his script, ots not an attitude thing.