SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...

Frozen4sioux

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

How about a "turn your phones in at the NoDak Nation desk" 

Not likley,

I like how they've tried to be a little interactive on the Nodak nation app. 

At least its an attempt, I dont have the answer on how to merge the ice action and atmosphere with interactive app.

If i did i probably wouldnt be here yapping with you peasants..  :D thats a joke btw.

How about student prizes for on ice performance...

A goal...... 20 students who are logged in on App and checked in to arena randomly win get a free tostada, or a bud light?

Kill a PP 15 winners... win a faceoff a random winner.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Squabbling about the logo in GF is NOT a common factor in the nationwide ambivalent attitude toward athletic attendence.

No, but it's a big part of the issue in Grand Forks. Either that, or I guess the folks in the athletic department who acknowledge it as a huge problem don't have any actually insight or reason to be concerned. 

No one said it was the only issue. But it is an absolutely huge one. Pretending it isn't doesn't make it go away. 

As for the projector, unfortunately it isn't happening anytime soon. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

As for the projector, unfortunately it isn't happening anytime soon. 

I'm sure its not getting cheaper.

I'll admit i dont know how it works for setup, if its in the rafters type equipment or centrally located in scoreboard. 

I know last year Jody was on the podcast and said about a million bucks.

Thats a lot of money, and hard to measure a ROI id imagine.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

.. .Next on Real housewifes of GF... "Did you see how big that new scoreboard is?"

" You really cant understand how big it is unless youve been to game and seen it in person, like me, I was there"

"Even if your there it just doesnt cut it in the stands, you really need to be in a suite to appreciate it, like Inwas last weekend".

I'd watch it.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I'll admit i dont know how it works for setup, if its in the rafters type equipment or centrally located in scoreboard. 

Is an on ice projection used for more than pre game show?

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

By the time they are ready, the next big thing will come around.  Would be nice if they can come up with something creative to keep fans engaged. I always enjoyed the little trunk monkey clips and stuff like that.  Someone getting creative with new video clips would be nice.

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

At what point would you say it was last "fun"?  Personally, I've always felt the atmosphere was a bit "uppity" since the beginning.  Now, don't get me wrong, the place has had its moments:  2006 NCAA regional, Gwozdecky ejection, Gopher destructions, and Pogo's OT penalty shot are the ones that come to mind for me.  But mostly, it's a place to be seen.  The reduced interest of students (talked about on many threads throughout this forum) probably has a lot to do with it.

The students are not free to have fun or do anything anymore that includes standing up when they are not supposed to. The REA is at big fault for neutering the student section....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It begins with the students.  They are the heart and soul of the crowd energy in the building.  Unfortunately, students at the game care more about their Instagram account than what is happening on the ice.  

Instagram and Facebook is not at fault for this

41 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Don't get me started on that :angry:

Perhaps its time to find the next sensation

At least the beer lady brought excitement to the students and crowd. If beer lady isn’t the way to bring excitement then what’s your idea. Please don’t force your boring on all of us.

5 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

1-Will be cool but won't help sustain atmosphere during the game

2-What will take it's place?  At least it prevents silence due to divided fan base 

3-What will the students do, other than yell at the opposing goalie, if they are moved?  Will standing help the atmosphere?  Possibly could help them be more rowdy, but what will they yell?

You are missing 4 and 5 on your "top 5"

Letting them stand and be rowdy will help a great deal. They are adults so let them do what they want to a certain extent. The student sections at St. Cloud and Duluth look pretty fun still. The REA is worse than going to church.

8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

At least the beer lady brought excitement to the students and crowd. If beer lady isn’t the way to bring excitement then what’s your idea. Please don’t force your boring on all of us.

I need to clarify, my :angry: was about the situation about HOW she was removed.  I have zero issue with Beer Grandma

Seriously everyone it not about this logo or that logo it’s about a fun atmosphere or a boring atmosphere. When I am at home and I am bored I’m always on my phone. When I was in the student section I didn’t have time to be on my phone because the atmosphere was fun and engaging. We weren’t even that bad either and now the rules are even worse.

keep blaming the logo and we will get nowhere. Look at the tailgating at the football games last year. I never saw anything nearly as big as that when I was at UND. We need to get that crowd into the game and to do that we need to make it as fun as the tailgate. Make it cheesy and students will just sit on their phone and end up leaving early

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Letting them stand and be rowdy will help a great deal. They are adults so let them do what they want to a certain extent. The student sections at St. Cloud and Duluth look pretty fun still. The REA is worse than going to church.

That’s why students refer to it as St Ralph’s Cathedral. We were once told by the ushers you need to act like your in church (be seen not heard). 

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Seriously everyone it not about this logo or that logo it’s about a fun atmosphere or a boring atmosphere. When I am at home and I am bored I’m always on my phone. When I was in the student section I didn’t have time to be on my phone because the atmosphere was fun and engaging. We weren’t even that bad either and now the rules are even worse.

keep blaming the logo and we will get nowhere. Look at the tailgating at the football games last year. I never saw anything nearly as big as that when I was at UND. We need to get that crowd into the game and to do that we need to make it as fun as the tailgate. Make it cheesy and students will just sit on their phone and end up leaving early

So...your idea to make it more fun is...?  I see a lot of criticism in your posts, and negative votes, but no ideas from you.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

There is no chant that the crowd can perform in unison. 

Go with "Check your voice-mail. < clap, clap, clap-clap-clap >" three times followed with ... 

You missed a call!
You missed a call!
You missed a call! ... 

Now pass me my Dunkin' Donuts coffee Pastrnak. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I'd say figure out how to help people realize the Fighting Sioux nickname is literally never coming back ... 

" ... Gone like a '59 Cadillac
Like all the good things that ain't never coming back
She's gone (gone) gone (gone) gone (gone) gone, she's gone ..."