SiouxSports.com Forum

Make REA Fun Again...

Frozen4sioux

I think some of the schools that good a good job is CC and UNO in the NCHC.  Look at what Vegas and the Blackhawks do to pump up the crowd.  The biggest problem is that the crowd is divided and until people can look past it there will be issues. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

I think some of the schools that good a good job is CC and UNO in the NCHC.  Look at what Vegas and the Blackhawks do to pump up the crowd.  The biggest problem is that the crowd is divided and until people can look past it there will be issues. 

The U-N-O chant they do after a goal is pretty sweet.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Just one thread Lord,

Just one thread without the Hawkzi Kabal of Our Lady of a Delusional Dream, hijaking it into a fire and brimstone tounge lashing for not falling into line with the demands of the their devine minority.

In the name of all that holy, Amen.

You claim to want to find solutions that might help fix the atmosphere but won't acknowledge one of the biggest problems is the identity crisis going on within the crowd. 

Again, tough to work with those that can't accept reality. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Bingo!!  There is huge identity crisis at the game.  You have the Sioux logo everywhere, you have the hockey team only referred to as "North Dakota" by the announcers to go with the script logo, and you have too look really hard for the Fighting Hawks logo.  You have fans yelling "Go Sioux" and you have fans that feel that if they yell "Go Hawks" they are going to get dirty looks from other fans!!  

Social media captures the division in real time. Anyone mentions Fighting Hawks and the FSF squad comes out in full force bashing anyone in support of the name. The REA facebook page has a thread about the new scoreboard, and people are so worried about the Sioux logo on the bottom and hoping not to see a Hawk logo anywhere on it. Until that all goes away, there will be no unison chants. 

I know who I want to go away.

Amazing how "ALL 3" come out of the woodwork at the same time, every time, to derail every thread and chastise everyone for not falling in line with the leaders message.

"All 3"... almost like.... there's only the one mind, with the same one thought, with the same way of saying it..... 

Your opinion is noted. Its dismissed as lunatic ranting, but noted.

College athletics fan participation is not challenged nationwide because you dont see a little birdy enough in GF.

Inovative ways to engage fans are evolving, its interesting to hear what people have experienced in other arenas. 

The birdy is never going to do what winning will do or what more accomodations to the students will or what inovative arena experiences will.

You will just continue to expose and drive the wedge further between: you "3" and the rest of the world that is sick of the self righteous hatred you project on them. 

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Just one thread Lord,

Just one thread without the Hawkzi Kabal of Our Lady of a Delusional Dream, hijaking it into a fire and brimstone tounge lashing for not falling into line with the demands of the their devine minority.

In the name of all that holy, Amen.

Wow, gotta call people names that moved on. :silly:

6 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

We all want the same thing, buddy! (A better atmosphere at the Ralph)

For that to happen, we need people to embrace reality to some extent.

Squabbling about the logo in GF is NOT a common factor in the nationwide ambivalent attitude toward athletic attendence.

Thats the reality. Seeing how UMtc is trying to at least make some changes to help their situation, and the ammenities being upgraded at the REA, are just that changes. Do they help?

Not as much as winning i guess.

I actually predict a surge in demand early next season as the MUST thing in GF will be being able to discuss the "new huge scoreboard" socially.

.. .Next on Real housewifes of GF... "Did you see how big that new scoreboard is?"

" You really cant understand how big it is unless youve been to game and seen it in person, like me, I was there"

"Even if your there it just doesnt cut it in the stands, you really need to be in a suite to appreciate it, like Inwas last weekend".

It will be the social event of the fall next season.

I believe the crowd could come together on many chants and yells if they fixed the PA system during breaks - what a mood killer.  A great investment would be to supplement the money they get from the constant ads and have them fire up the  crowd instead.  The Ralph needs to look at what many pro teams are doing.  Nothing worse than blaring music or a commercial just when things on the ice get going.

• Upvote 1

I think a huge majority of people at the Ralph that have season tickets are not Big UND Fans - or ever went to UND - They like Great Hockey & when we are in the top of the conference standings the Place Rocks - another year or two of so-so hockey & the place will be 1/2 empty or more - I hope it never happens 

But wishing Fighting Sioux goes away, I doubt will ever happen 

Something is not right with Recruiting 

How full has the Arena been & how is the atmosphere at Duluth & Denver been the past few yrs ?

20 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I know who I want to go away.

Amazing how "ALL 3" come out of the woodwork at the same time, every time, to derail every thread and chastise everyone for not falling in line with the leaders message.

"All 3"... almost like.... there's only the one mind, with the same one thought, with the same way of saying it..... 

Your opinion is noted. Its dismissed as lunatic ranting, but noted.

College athletics fan participation is not challenged nationwide because you dont see a little birdy enough in GF.

Inovative ways to engage fans are evolving, its interesting to hear what people have experienced in other arenas. 

The birdy is never going to do what winning will do or what more accomodations to the students will or what inovative arena experiences will.

You will just continue to expose and drive the wedge further between: you "3" and the rest of the world that is sick of the self righteous hatred you project on them. 

Someone gives you an opinion and you go apeshit. Try and understand why the REA can’t be fun to some people, and ways to fix it, again it’s someone’s opinion. If you can’t just accept someone’s opinion without name calling then that’s pretty sad. 

We all understand your opinion, you're the one who came here again and chastised people for not falling into a goosestepping love afair with a logo.

Ill help you understand this...

Attendence issues at the Alerus is not because there ISNT a sioux logo and Sioux chants.

Thats not the problem with why football games are largely unenjoyable.

We could really have another thread.

What would make the Alerus more Fun for football.

What is going to make the students want to put down their phones and engage, whats going to make the alums want to watch the game instead of chitchat in the concourse and bar?

I hate when I cant get back to my seat when everyone is stopping and to talk all the time as my hands are full of tostadas and pizza, and beer, and steak sandwich and more beer. Get out of thebway dammit, we got hockey going on out here.

Its probably just winning in reality, but its interesting to find new ways others are entertained elsewhere.

Its not interesting to read your broken record bitchfestiness again and again and again and again and again and again.........

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Squabbling about the logo in GF is NOT a common factor in the nationwide ambivalent attitude toward athletic attendence.

Thats the reality. Seeing how UMtc is trying to at least make some changes to help their situation, and the ammenities being upgraded at the REA, are just that changes. Do they help?

Not as much as winning i guess.

I actually predict a surge in demand early next season as the MUST thing in GF will be being able to discuss the "new huge scoreboard" socially.

.. .Next on Real housewifes of GF... "Did you see how big that new scoreboard is?"

" You really cant understand how big it is unless youve been to game and seen it in person, like me, I was there"

"Even if your there it just doesnt cut it in the stands, you really need to be in a suite to appreciate it, like Inwas last weekend".

It will be the social event of the fall next season.

Are you talking attendance numbers or atmosphere? 

1 minute ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Are you talking attendance numbers or atmosphere? 

Thats a great point.

Seriously, how can we find a bettrr balance between corporate  and social "Be seenism" and interested hockey fans.

Maybe we can't...

Maybe we arent as numerous or as Hockey loving as we like to portray.

When I was thinking about this thebother day with a buddy,

When was the last time you had "FUN" at a UND game, and more specifically at the REA?.

'16... '11?... at the old arena? ...

Its an interesting queation, thats where I'd like the thread to go.

1 minute ago, Fetch said:

Do you think most of the people that go out I  the concourse between periods are students or Alumni  ?

Good mix I guess, the puzzler isnthose that chit chat right through the second and maybe maken t back to their seats with 5 or 6 left in the third.

It seems like the stadium... and avtion is asleep during that time.

14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

We all understand your opinion, you're the one who came here again and chastised people for not falling into a goosestepping love afair with a logo.

Its not interesting to read your broken record bitchfestiness again and again and again and again and again and again.........

Isn’t that what you did after Siouxperman7’s post.