They posted the big upset PWR rankings on Twitter:

-Holy Cross (21) over UMN (2) in 2006
-Bemidji State (37) over Notre Dame (2) in 2009
-RIT (25) over Denver (2) in 2010
-RIT (38) over Minnesota State (1) in 2015
-Ferris State (30) over SCSU (2) in 2016 
-Air Force (27) over SCSU (1) in 2018
-AIC (31) over SCSU (1) in 2019

Holy Cross was actually the highest ranked PWR team from the upsets, but it was the first of the #4 seed over #1 seed upsets, so it was huge at the time.
Going strictly by PWR, the RIT over Mankato in 2015 was the "biggest upset".
RIT has twice been the winner in these upsets...and SCSU has been the loser three times (every time as the #1 or #2 overall seed)...ouch.

• Upvote 1

I have a question is AIU roster made up largely older college players from juniors and also from overseas where they are largely on average older group of players. If this is the case hasn't this been trend In college hockey that you can win with these older mature players in the tournament then young super talents what use to be model for winning in college hockey. That age experience and strength becomes advantage in playoff hockey for colleges. This is just a thought but I would like here some discussion on this.

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I have a question is AIU roster made up largely older college players from juniors and also from overseas where they are largely on average older group of players. If this is the case hasn't this been trend In college hockey that you can win with these older mature players in the tournament then young super talents what use to be model for winning in college hockey. That age experience and strength becomes advantage in playoff hockey for colleges. This is just a thought but I would like here some discussion on this.

A quick look at their roster shows it's pretty balanced throughout the years but they definitely have a lot of overseas guys. Would be interesting to see a map of all their players, from Cali and Florida to Norway and Ljubljana. 

7 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

The game was what it was--St Cloud choking once again, 3rd time in 4 years for this heavy senior class.

The ice looked good at the start of game 1. But it was really not good at all by game 2. St. Cloud had major issues with their finesse style play, especially on the PP.

Could not count the number of whiffs or miss-plays during good shooting attempts- or even passes. Especially R. Poehling… when set up on PP.

But credit AIC- they actually had more good scoring chances than Cloud until the very end, despite only 13 shots on goal. And a 3rd goal disallowed as it was 1-2 seconds after a period end. As well as a crossbar miss.

As it turns out, looks like all goals were scored by AIC- as I think the Cloud goal went in off an AIC Dman….

I feel bad for the NCHC (national champion hockey conference), as this looked to be St. Clouds year, finally.

The Scheels arena looks likely to be a tomb tomorrow- AIC vs Denver? Saw maybe a dozen Denver fans. AIC had under 700 per game at home. so....no one here but Sioux fans making a Holy Cross type statement.

Question for you-were there a lot of UND fans at the game last night? And who were they rooting for? If AIC, Were the UND fans celebrating at the end of the game? 

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

They posted the big upset PWR rankings on Twitter:

-Holy Cross (21) over UMN (2) in 2006
-Bemidji State (37) over Notre Dame (2) in 2009
-RIT (25) over Denver (2) in 2010
-RIT (38) over Minnesota State (1) in 2015
-Ferris State (30) over SCSU (2) in 2016 
-Air Force (27) over SCSU (1) in 2018
-AIC (31) over SCSU (1) in 2019

Holy Cross was actually the highest ranked PWR team from the upsets, but it was the first of the #4 seed over #1 seed upsets, so it was huge at the time.
Going strictly by PWR, the RIT over Mankato in 2015 was the "biggest upset".
RIT has twice been the winner in these upsets...and SCSU has been the loser three times (every time as the #1 or #2 overall seed)...ouch.

What I'm seeing is Minnesota sports teams love to choke.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

The Scheels arena looks likely to be a tomb tomorrow- AIC vs Denver? 

If you have a ticket and live near Fargo, there is ZERO excuse to eat it and stay home.  Go and maybe watch some college hockey history being made today.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

If you have a ticket and live near Fargo, there is ZERO excuse to eat it and stay home.  Go and maybe watch some college hockey history being made today.

We will be there sitting with the 50 or so AIC fans again. They are a lively bunch 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Question for you-were there a lot of UND fans at the game last night? And who were they rooting for? If AIC, Were the UND fans celebrating at the end of the game? 

From what I saw most were pulling for the Yellowjackets 

7 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Well those second two games were disappointing. ND had a come back and SCSU blew it again. 

ND had a comeback facilitated by that Effin creep Binda. What a !@#$ call on Sturm, and a worse one on that center. How can any team recover from !@#$ like that. F@ck Notre Dame. They just want the potential rematch story.

2013 4 seed lost in FF semi *Quinnipiac

2014  3 seed lost in final to 1 seed *Minnesota

2015  3 seed lost in final to 4 seed *UND

2016  1 seed lost in first to 4 seed *Ferris

2017  missed tournament

2018  1 seed lost in first to 4 seed *Air Force

2019  1 seed lost in first to 4 seed *AIC

Maybe SCSU should decline the NCAA tournament, like the ivy league schools in football

22 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

2017  missed tournament

Maybe SCSU should decline the NCAA tournament, like the ivy league schools in football

Not to nitpick but UND was the 1 seed in 2015. 

44 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

We will be there sitting with the 50 or so AIC fans again. They are a lively bunch 

Bonus points if you snag a couple of AIC terrible towels for my boys.  We’ll be busy doing more demo work on my recently-flooded house.  Good times.

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

2017  missed tournament

*Missed tournament in 2017 after we eliminated them.