SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Brings me back to my suggestion last summer that on any contact to the head 5 minute major (or checking from behind where the player went head first into the boards), the player who was hit should be sitting at least 5 minutes game time for concussion protocol. After all, it's all about player safety. 

Yeah these miraculous next-shift recoveries grind on a person.

5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Brings me back to my suggestion last summer that on any contact to the head 5 minute major (or checking from behind where the player went head first into the boards), the player who was hit should be sitting at least 5 minutes game time for concussion protocol. After all, it's all about player safety. 

I agree with this. He should have had to sit out for concussion protocol.

4 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Never bet against Providence in their regionals.

Some schools take advantage of the breaks they’re given...unlike North Dakota this season.  Can’t blame the Friars for the obvious flaw in the system.  Besides, if Providence was the host school, the Friars would he there anyways.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Some schools take advantage of the breaks they’re given...unlike North Dakota this season.  Can’t blame the Friars for the obvious flaw in the system.  Besides, if Providence was the host school, the Friars would he there anyways.

Please expand on the "breaks" North Dakota was given this year.

3 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Please expand on the "breaks" North Dakota was given this year.

not trying to butt in,   but...   getting SCSU in the first round seems to be a break for most teams..

which begs the question, would they have showed up if The Fighting Sioux would have been the opponent?

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

not trying to butt in,   but...   getting SCSU in the first round seems to be a break for most teams..

which begs the question, would they have showed up if The Fighting Sioux would have been the opponent?

Only if they have a time machine