SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 DI Mens Ice Hockey Championship

Cratter

I see Brown is the host for the Providence regional. So the committee put Providence in that region because they want to make money. 

Didn't Providence get "put" in Providence once before and knocked off Miami. 

Not saying a lot of this undoing  is MSU's fault this afternoon, but it sure seems like a sweet deal that some teams just get to play in their home town without actually having to pony up the money and be a host.

In the future, let's just have Bemidji State host a regional in Fargo, so the NCAA committee can put us in there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

if that’s 5 and a game it HAS to be a 2 and a game for the embellishment, only way to get it out of the game.

And yes that was textbook embellishment.

There's no proof he embellished.

Guy got his neck snapped around/"bell rung."

No one in their right mind is going to guess his hurt level in that situation and give him a penalty.

Just cause he played again soon after doesn't prove he wasn't hurt. Plenty of people get knocked out and get back out there in sports (especially before the concussion protocols).

If an intentional elbow to a players head isn't a 5, I don't know what is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoDak Fan said:

I see Brown is the host for the Providence regional. So the committee put Providence in that region because they want to make money. 

Didn't Providence get "put" in Providence once before and knocked off Miami. 

Not saying a lot of this undoing  is MSU's fault this afternoon, but it sure seems like a sweet deal that some teams just get to play in their home town without actually having to pony up the money and be a host.

In the future, let's just have Bemidji State host a regional in Fargo, so the NCAA committee can put us in there.

Yeah. Realistically it's a major flaw in how they they do the bracket. 

Brings me back to my suggestion last summer that on any contact to the head 5 minute major (or checking from behind where the player went head first into the boards), the player who was hit should be sitting at least 5 minutes game time for concussion protocol. After all, it's all about player safety. 

• Upvote 4