SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Congrats to Rieger on his first career goal, and with that Rieger goal ... then there were two:

Caulfield and Frisch looking for "first pucks". 

Story is getting its run all over the media! Saw/listened to a bit today on the Golic & Wingo show on ESPN radio this morning after hearing something about it on KFAN yesterday.

Face time, bay bay.

10 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I must need to watch closer because I haven’t liked this combo either time they used it.

*shrugs* 

Not that this has anything to do with anything/but I thought Jasper scored a goal and assisted in a goal in the Friday night game against Denver.

49 minutes ago, Old Fella said:

Not that this has anything to do with anything/but I thought Jasper scored a goal and assisted in a goal in the Friday night game against Denver.

He had a goal on the power play. 

I don’t have any issues with Jasper. I just haven’t liked the line combo from Saturday 5 x 5. I’d just like to see them create more offensive opportunities as a unit at even strength. 

42 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

He had a goal on the power play. 

I don’t have any issues with Jasper. I just haven’t liked the line combo from Saturday 5 x 5. I’d just like to see them create more offensive opportunities as a unit at even strength. 

Jasper in the slot on the pp is money

2 hours ago, John W. said:

I stand corrected.....this team  is really good...Happy for Berry...it's mostly his system...mostly his recruits....hats off to him snd the team......the ghost of 'coaches' past are just that, in the past.....I can enjoy UND hockey again.....

Do I hear a Band Wagon fan? Looking forward to your support of the team.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, burd said:

I wonder if local clinics are seeing a big increase in injuries caused by people trying to get back on the bandwagon. 

Like your comment - probably the best one of the week, but I don't think we are quite there yet?

ATTENDANCE: was 11,223  - again that's paid and not butts in seats.
Capacity:   11,640
There were a lot of season ticket seats, top of student section, and top of corners empty, guessing like a little over a 1,000 seats.
Saturdays seem to do better, we'll see tonight.
  • Like 2

I always wonder about people that call others "band wagon" fans. It's as if they're saying they are the only true fans and no one else has a right to support their team. But, how much fun would it be if fandom were limited to only "true" fans? Isn't it a big part of the fun when we have lots of fans, and the Ralph is raucous, and we dominate opposing teams' arenas, and we party like rock stars in Vegas, and Tampa, and Nashville? C'mon, we all have at least one thing in common--we love the Fighting Sioux! And it doesn't matter how old or how new the love is. All that matters is the love!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Like your comment - probably the best one of the week, but I don't think we are quite there yet?

ATTENDANCE: was 11,223  - again that's paid and not butts in seats.
Capacity:   11,640
There were a lot of season ticket seats, top of student section, and top of corners empty, guessing like a little over a 1,000 seats.
Saturdays seem to do better, we'll see tonight.

Last night's attendance was much improved from previous games, not looking at gaping sections that go 10 rows deep in the upper levels for a change

6 hours ago, Humboldt said:

Part III of DU’s hockey 70th Anniversary story covering the Gwozdecky Years. Lots of Sioux-Pioneers stories. An interesting read. Puck Swami knows his stuff.

https://letsgodu.com/2019/11/25/70-years-of-du-hockey-history-part-iii-the-gwozdecky-years-1994-2013/

If knowing his stuff include the Zach Parise and Toews playing on same team, then I know bunches too.