SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

I recall a couple times people feeling great about playing Yale, especially after they beat Minnesota.  Didn't turn out too well.  I think sometimes players think the same way and by the time they realize it isn't going to go as easy as they thought, they are already behind the eight ball.  

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

I recall a couple times people feeling great about playing Yale, especially after they beat Minnesota.  Didn't turn out too well.  I think sometimes players think the same way and by the time they realize it isn't going to go as easy as they thought, they are already behind the eight ball.  

Goodness, I get it. No one is saying that NCAA tournament games are easy.

2 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

AIC beat St. Cloud in the tourney. Who hasn't?

I was at the game. AIC were well coached and executed their coach's game plan to a tee. St. Cloud were rattled, then frustrated, and then time ran out.. It's anybody's game when it comes to the tournament. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sweethockey said:

I was at the game. AIC were well coached and executed their coach's game plan to a tee. St. Cloud were rattled, then frustrated, and then time ran out.. It's anybody's game when it comes to the tournament. 

You are a St. Cloud apologist. What was St. Cloud's excuse in 2018 when they lost to Air Force in the regional, or 2016 when they lost to Ferris State? St. Cloud always chokes when it comes to the NCAA tournament. 

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I still hate lacrosse.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Why do folks worry about bracketology today when we know it won't look anything like this when reality comes out? 

Takes our minds off of impending spring flooding.......

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

You are a St. Cloud apologist. What was St. Cloud's excuse in 2018 when they lost to Air Force in the regional, or 2016 when they lost to Ferris State? St. Cloud always chokes when it comes to the NCAA tournament. 

Far from it sir, I cheered for Air Force in Sioux Falls and AIC in Fargo. Why not cheer for someone in our conference? Because a bunch of St. Cloud fans had signs made up, " Where's North Dakota ?"  and " Where's the host team? with our logo on it.  St. Cloud fans can pack sand..

• Upvote 1

Now I’m developing a scenario that gets wonky.  

UND vs Sacred Heart or AIC and Clarkson vs Providence in Worcester...sets up David vs Goliath.  NCHC vs Atlantic Hockey in a regional hosted by Atlantic hockey.  Unfriendly confines for us out East there for sure.  

DU vs Quinnipiac and BC vs UMD in Denver...region of death.

Mankato vs Northeastern and PSI vs ASU in Allentown

Cornell vs New Hampshire and UMass vs Ohio State in Albany.

only stated rule being violated is #1 seeds being placed closest to home in rank order.  Can’t do it with UND and DU, because DU is host.  You could send UND to Allentown instead of Mankato, but it’s a flight either way.  Better to keep bracket integrity...

so it’s Worcester this week...

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

UND isn’t hosting a regional this year? I thought it was back to Fargo again. 

Next year the Midwest regional will be in Fargo. UND and The Ralph put in a bid for this year to try and get it in Grand Forks. The NCAA wouldn't bite, Denver put in a bid for Lovland. They get the West Regional this year and next.

31 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

Next year the Midwest regional will be in Fargo. UND and The Ralph put in a bid for this year to try and get it in Grand Forks. The NCAA wouldn't bite, Denver put in a bid for Lovland. They get the West Regional this year and next.

Thanks. 

Hey, if we're pitching crazy I'm in. 

I have an odd (or is it an even) theory:

Look at Scheel's and Thome's personal collegiate goaltending records. 

During odd number calendar years (like 2019) Scheel plays very well. 
During even number calendar years (like 2018, 2020) Thome plays very well. 

Calendar just rolled from odd to even ... ;) 

• Upvote 2