SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Omaha - January 18-19, 2019

Dave Berger

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Tim Hennessy on the radio right now: "cause i'll get heat about it"...but i'm going to still say it....."puck luck."

Berry at least says "Puck luck is from hard work and creating your own chances."

TH is bathing the the Kool-Aid now!

11 minutes ago, Irish said:

Changes need to be made and if Berry isn't willing to make them he needs to be one of them.  A pathetic display once again. (Sorry Boogieman - I didn't mean to quote you and can't figure out how to take the quote out - I'm sure you did your part and at this point Crooked Furrow man help ease the pain}

No worries!  

Breaking Omaha goals down.....

Goal 1:  We have five guys in front of the puck in the neutral zone and they get a one pass breakaway......

Goal 2:  Shaw swings for the fences and scores.....

Goal 3:  Ring the wall into the pressure, Omaha d man has a lane to the net after 3 of our guys get caught puck watching/chasing, and a goal.

Goal 4:  Does Peski know that's his guy?  

It's only January though. 

• Upvote 2

The last three weekends we are 3-3 with two of the wins in overtime.  The opponents are 52, 38, and 45 in the pairwise.  

Call them what they are, an average at best team.  At this point in the season you should be getting better.  I’m not seeing it. 

There is no reason to think anything will change for the better to allow this team to qualify based on pairwise.  The hole is too big and the team just keeps digging.  Their only slim hope is to win the conference tourney and there is little chance of that unless the defense and goaltending improve quite a bit. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, willythekid said:

Brad Berry taking a page out of the Hakstol playbook...  Have the lead in the third?  Better get off the gas and play defensive, dump and chase hockey just praying that Omaha doesn't score...:angry:

Well, maybe a page out of the Haks playbook but at least his teams finished top 4 in conf play and made the NCAA tourney pretty much every season, often advancing to the FF an final (okay, no natty, I hear you).