SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Omaha - January 18-19, 2019

Dave Berger

6 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

This one is disappointing after starting the third with the lead and 4 minutes of PP.  But, going into the weekend I was hoping for a split.  Sweeping at home and splitting on the road should be good enough to get us into the tourney, pending NCHC tourney results.

I have a better chance of playing in the Masters

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Boogieman said:

....as for me, I’m going to do my part to see to it that we make it four straight wins.   I’m going to repeat my performance from last night.  Grab my bottle of Crooked Furrow bourbon, mix myself a few Old Fashions, and sit at the counter and listen to the game on the radio.  Green win 5-1. 

Changes need to be made and if Berry isn't willing to make them he needs to be one of them.  A pathetic display once again. (Sorry Boogieman - I didn't mean to quote you and can't figure out how to take the quote out - I'm sure you did your part and at this point Crooked Furrow man help ease the pain}

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

But, going into the weekend I was hoping for a split.  Sweeping at home and splitting on the road should be good enough to get us into the tourney, pending NCHC tourney results.

Well, assuming you take care of business against a Canisius College squad that is only slightly better than @Godsmack‘s beer league team...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

But, going into the weekend I was hoping for a split.

Unfortunately that says it all. 

To be hoping for a split against a team that is somewhere in the 40-45 pairwise range when you have already dug a huge hole...let’s keep digging and hope for a miracle. 

• Upvote 1

So this is why I’m not the Berry fan. I don’t care so much who recruited the players as much as I care who can get them to perform.

maybe my perspective changed as I get older, but I just felt like Hak got his players to care more. I don’t doubt this team get frustrated with the losses, but not enough to truly make changes. Game ends, pairwise drops, but the play doesn’t change much in the next week.

2 consecutive years of missing the tourney is completely unacceptable for this program. And I’m sorry if that means Berry taking the fall, but for no change to happen seems ridiculous. Shaw at the very least needs to go, the PP is the most embarrassing it’s ever been, and I don’t ever remember that being a huge UND strength.

I still say, bring back Hak. Before we get too far down the rabbit hole.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Unfortunately that says it all. 

To be hoping for a split against a team that is somewhere in the 40-45 pairwise range when you have already dug a huge hole...let’s keep digging and hope for a miracle. 

First rule of holes , when you realize your in one quit digging.