SiouxSports.com Forum

Campus Closed

Vegas_Sioux

All it takes is a couple students/kids getting frostbite then having hysterical parents and commenters criticizing schools and universities for not cancelling classes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

I don't envy the officials that make those decisions. Cause no matter what, they're going to have people b****ing about it. :lol:

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

I remember going to Judy’s real early. Then walking to Hugo’s getting fried chicken then going to back to st judes

That is called a good day!

I remember a couple of summer days where we went to Bonzers for lunch and the next thing you know if was supper time.

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

Fargo and Grand Forks airports have canceled all afternoon arrivals & departures today. My money is tomorrow will be more of the same

Can't de-ice planes below -25

10 hours ago, Brucesky02 said:

I seem to recall a second-hand quote from President Kupchella that if students were willing to risk their lives to go to the bars, they could risk their lives to go to class. Was there ever a snow day during his presidency? (99-08)

I do not recall a snow day when I was in school from 04 - 08. 

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

USPS cancelled delivery for Wednesday & Thursday, for Dakota's & Minnesota

What happened to "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

I guess poler vortex wasn’t included.

13 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

How long have you lived in ND? This is not record level cold. 10 minutes? This windchill hysteria has gotten ridiculous. They don't even give the actual temperature anymore. 

Stand outside with a bare face into the wind for 10 min and you will get frost bite. Of course wind makes a difference, gtfoh.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, runaroundsioux said:

Wussification of America.

I don't think this is the case, these temps are very dangerous, you can get frostbite in a very short period of time. It was -60 with the wind chill today.