SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• 1 month later...

After a couple of years with the new nickname, I still cannot refer to the teams as Fighting Hawks. First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? If it had to be a bird, why the 321st rendition of a hawk? Heck there are Red Hawks playing baseball in Fargo and Blue Hawks playing NAIA in Dickinson. And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

I did buy a Fighting Hawks headcover for 1 of my golf clubs to go with the old interlocking ND ones. Still not particularly fond of the name. 

Also have a set of Brien logo headcovers, bought at the end of the Fighting Sioux era, that may make an appearance one of these days.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, zonadub said:

After a couple of years with the new nickname, I still cannot refer to the teams as Fighting Hawks. First, if it had to be an animal, why a bird? If it had to be a bird, why the 321st rendition of a hawk? Heck there are Red Hawks playing baseball in Fargo and Blue Hawks playing NAIA in Dickinson. And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

I did buy a Fighting Hawks headcover for 1 of my golf clubs to go with the old interlocking ND ones. Still not particularly fond of the name. 

Also have a set of Brien logo headcovers, bought at the end of the Fighting Sioux era, that may make an appearance one of these days.

every time someone complains about the new logo/name...........it......could....have been worse!!!! 

4 hours ago, zonadub said:

4 hours ago, zonadub said:

And then, if it had to be a hawk, why the modifier "fighting"? Hawks don't fight, in real life hawks are often chased and harassed by little birds. They try to get away.

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

9 hours ago, zonadub said:

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So, with that avatar, you've got a thing against birds? :huh:

Busted. Good one, Sica. However, I didn't call for the UND teams to be called the roadrunners. Had a coyote avatar (also the Warner Bros cartoon character) first, but got confused as being a South Dakota Coyote on this board. Just a tip of the cap to the local wildlife where we now live.

4 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

Well, they get chased because they ate their babies, so that’s kind of badass. 

Not sure eating babies is badass

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

every time someone complains about the new logo/name...........it......could....have been worse!!!! 

You are correct. It could have ... been... The Fighting Dave K's or the Firing Darells. :D

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

File this in the “missed logo opportunities” folder.

Halifax Thunderbirds (Lacrosse).  I would love this look for UND (minus the lightning bolt of course).

The feathers are a great addition and the stern look is reminiscent of the ‘disappointed dad’ from the St. Louis Football Cardinals. 

93141485-057E-40EF-B68F-750E88EF40E9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It’s so funny to read the comments on social media about the reason UND hasn’t been in the tourney for the last two years. The little birdy on the uniform is the whole difference. People are calling it a curse. I guess those folks think that little logo will be the death of the program because I don’t see it being removed.

You don't hear Bison supporters yell,  "let's go Aggies" at their events nor Stsnford fans holler 'Go Indians go".... Maybe the hockey team has an 'identity crisis' when they hear those who like  to live in the past yell "Let's go Sioux"...when they're  not...that anymore...Time to live in the real world....that name 'was, but ain't ever going to be'....look around it's 2019....Deal with what is.....get out of your hole and breathe the fresh air....

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, John W. said:

You don't hear Bison supporters yell,  "let's go Aggies" at their events nor Stsnford fans holler 'Go Indians go".... Maybe the hockey team has an 'identity crisis' when they hear those who like  to live in the past yell "Let's go Sioux"...when they're  not...that anymore...Time to live in the real world....that name 'was, but ain't ever going to be'....look around it's 2019....Deal with what is.....get out of your hole and breathe the fresh air....

How many people at the high school hockey tournament yelled “Let’s go Redskins”. If people want to yell Go Sioux, whatever, but to blame the season on the Hawks logo is sad and pathetic.