Vegas_Sioux

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did you say you grew up at the pin point on that map? :D

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Last name start with an H?

Go fish. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did you say you grew up at the pin point on that map? :D

Lol no. Cant see that part of town.  Mom and dad moved. 

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Man if that Kubenski guy is real and was serious......wow lol.  I have a hard time believing he was serious, but you never know I guess. 

This guy bitches about everything. Writes several letters a year to the Jamestown Sun and whines about something. He's a retired janitor who worked at the Civic Center. 

28 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I have a hard time believing he was serious, but you never know I guess. 

After hearing a similar reaction from quite a few people, I've come to the conclusion that the fact that you don't know if he's serious or not says volumes in and of itself.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:47 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

So why doesnt NDSU claim their former coach that is ( I mean was) a head coach in the NFL? I never knew Gus Bradleys background but that's pretty cool to have a local guy as a head coach in the NFL, but too bad it was not too successful.

Theres been a lot of talk on Gus.  But since hes NFL hes not a focal point of the board. Same with our players in the NFL. We talk about them on occasion. Some more than others.

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

How can (7 players not playing cuz of this) be kept quiet through the game?

I am confused by the article I read.  It says 7 are out for the final and mentions 2 of their better players being out for the semis.  I am not sure if all 7 were out for the semis or just the 2.

Has anyone seen that clarified?

47 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I am confused by the article I read.  It says 7 are out for the final and mentions 2 of their better players being out for the semis.  I am not sure if all 7 were out for the semis or just the 2.

Has anyone seen that clarified?

All 7 were out for the semis, however only two were very noticeable (leading tackler and #2 WR). The other guys were just depth/rotation guys or didn't play a ton, so it probably wasn't as noticeable. I did see that some of the Fargo media acknowledged they knew the main 2 players weren't playing, not sure how that isn't part of the game story when you are making sure to mention all of the players that NDSU was without.

My understanding is that the exact same teams that took the field for JMU and YSU in the semis will be who is playing in Frisco.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

All 7 were out for the semis, however only two were very noticeable (leading tackler and #2 WR). The other guys were just depth/rotation guys or didn't play a ton, so it probably wasn't as noticeable. I did see that some of the Fargo media acknowledged they knew the main 2 players weren't playing, not sure how that isn't part of the game story when you are making sure to mention all of the players that NDSU was without.

My understanding is that the exact same teams that took the field for JMU and YSU in the semis will be who is playing in Frisco.

That's my understanding, 2 starters, didn't play that are a big part of the team, and 5 scrubs that didn't/wouldn't play anyway.

But, the story down in Fargo yesterday was illegal players played, on steroids, and there is still time for the NCAA to send SU to Frisco.......

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess pot before anything else.  Not exactly performance enhancing unless to calm one's nerves.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

That's my understanding, 2 starters, didn't play that are a big part of the team, and 5 scrubs that didn't/wouldn't play anyway.

But, the story down in Fargo yesterday was illegal players played, on steroids, and there is still time for the NCAA to send SU to Frisco.......

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess pot before anything else.  Not exactly performance enhancing unless to calm one's nerves.

I wonder if they will get their stud LT back? 68 ain't ready for that stage although I'm sure there won't be much noise in Frisco.

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wonder if they will get their stud LT back? 68 ain't ready for that stage although I'm sure there won't be much noise in Frisco.

I would look at these options before using #68-

1. Another lineman on the team

2. TE on the team

3. FB on the team

4. Open try out - student body

5. Cheerleader - male or female

3 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I havent heard that. Can you direct me to the idiot that came up with that?

When I hear bison media types talking about next year, they all talk as if Deluca will be back next year. 

A. Isn't Deluca a senior?

B. If he was senior this year, how do they      already know he will be granted a

Hardship? I thought they had to wait         until the end of the season to apply?

8 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

When I hear bison media types talking about next year, they all talk as if Deluca will be back next year. 

A. Isn't Deluca a senior?

B. If he was senior this year, how do they      already know he will be granted a

Hardship? I thought they had to wait         until the end of the season to apply?

Deluca never took a redshirt and played in less than the maximum number of games to qualify.  There's  no gray area there.

5 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Deluca never took a redshirt and played in less than the maximum number of games to qualify.  There's  no gray area there.

Does that work if you play a freshman in a game and then decide to take him back out the rest of the year, or do you have to be injured?

54 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

He still has to apply and be granted a medical hardship since he appeared in games for 4 years, but it is very likely to be granted and much more likely than someone who is applying for a 6th year similar to what Clive Georges is trying to get granted. I did find it interesting that even though he knew he was going to have season ending surgery, he still played in the EWU Iowa game because even in doing so, he would still be under the 30% of games threshold.