SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

27 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He still has to apply and be granted a medical hardship since he appeared in games for 4 years, but it is very likely to be granted and much more likely than someone who is applying for a 6th year similar to what Clive Georges is trying to get granted. I did find it interesting that even though he knew he was going to have season ending surgery, he still played in the EWU game because even in doing so, he would still be under the 30% of games threshold.

This is correct.  Iowa was the third game of the year and the game he decided he would still play even though he was having the surgery.  Conincidentally, Izzo just tweeted his hardship was granted.

37 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

Does that work if you play a freshman in a game and then decide to take him back out the rest of the year, or do you have to be injured?

There has to be an injury.  In Clive Georges case he will not be granted a 6th year unless during his "regular" redshirt year it was deemed he had an injury that left him unable to play.

2 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

There has to be an injury.  In Clive Georges case he will not be granted a 6th year unless during his "regular" redshirt year it was deemed he had an injury that left him unable to play.

I think Georges has a chance because he missed about half of last year due to injury, then injured for the year in game one this year. Not a great chance though.

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4184553-ndsu-hoping-seat-adjustment-will-alleviate-concerns-new-arena

This whole seating fiasco at the brand new state of the art SHAC keeps getting better every day!!

Hahaha. Just think if they would have had to deal with a mascot change like we did. The morons would never have had the smooth transition we pulled off. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

9 hours ago, Tangolou said:

When I hear bison media types talking about next year, they all talk as if Deluca will be back next year. 

A. Isn't Deluca a senior?

B. If he was senior this year, how do they      already know he will be granted a

Hardship? I thought they had to wait         until the end of the season to apply?

He was grated a medical hardship. Plus he has 2 semesters left to graduate so this works out nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Report: Gophers to consider Klieman for head coach position

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4192139-report-gophers-consider-klieman-head-coach-position

Craig Bohl is a trendy pick, but didn't really think this was an option.  Don't really see a P5 school hiring straight from the FCS, but who knows!!  That fact that Klieman and AD Coyle went to High School together makes things interesting!!

• Upvote 1

Bohl just signed a contract with a $6.5 million buyout, probably hurts him.

UM AD was the one who hired Harsin from Boise State when he was AD there.

Fleck is obviously the hot name.

Not sure if Klieman has the track record yet he needs, but you never know.

27 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Report: Gophers to consider Klieman for head coach position

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4192139-report-gophers-consider-klieman-head-coach-position

Craig Bohl is a trendy pick, but didn't really think this was an option.  Don't really see a P5 school hiring straight from the FCS, but who knows!!  That fact that Klieman and AD Coyle went to High School together makes things interesting!!

I hope Klieman gets it for the entertainment value in Fargo.  But I think it's a stretch.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

If he does do we see the return of Rocky Hager?

Hilarious. The man who is quoted as telling a police officer that "he'll fight you tell you die". On top of that he got away with it. I'd love to see him back in Fargo. 

• Upvote 2