SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U diaries

Vegas_Sioux

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

What's make believe about what I said? You worried NDSU will go into a title funk with UND starting to get into the playoffs? History loves repeating itself.

You've been throwing the "this is the year NDSU falls from grace" mantra at the wall for 7 years to see if it'll stick. Even a broken clock is right twice a day Darrell, but just to be safe you might want to stay out of the prediction game and keep your day job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Fall back to earth just meaning back with the pack like NDSU did from the 80's to the 90's. Now they lost in the playoffs at home will that continue or will they be in Frisco next season. The different conferences is a twist in this part of history.

You've created the logical fallacy of a false dichotomy. Championship or bust may be the mantra, but in reality a championship isn't the only way to measure success.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You've created the logical fallacy of a false dichotomy. Championship or bust may be the mantra, but in reality a championship isn't the only way to measure success.

So it's okay to spend all the big bucks into your #1 sport and lose to your in-state rival whose #1 sport is hockey, not host a playoff game in the Fargodome, and not play for a title from 91-2010. Yeah I guess that spells success. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bison06 said:

You've been throwing the "this is the year NDSU falls from grace" mantra at the wall for 7 years to see if it'll stick. Even a broken clock is right twice a day Darrell, but just to be safe you might want to stay out of the prediction game and keep your day job.

Just as Bison fans think they will reach the top and never come down. Does the phrase "once UND reaches our level we will play them". A quote from your university's president. If that doesn't spell arrogance I don't know what does.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So it's okay to spend all the big bucks into your #1 sport and lose to your in-state rival whose #1 sport is hockey, not host a playoff game in the Fargodome, and not play for a title from 91-2010. Yeah I guess that spells success. 

If that's a question, my answer is yes.

NDSU football is ultra successful. Some have called it the most successful college football program in history. I think that's a stretch, but those people are welcomed to their opinion. 

NDSU had great teams and great players who had some really big, program changing wins. Without the players in those years and those stepping stone wins, NDSU football would not be the program it is today.

I know it fits your narrative to believe that those are the dark years of NDSU football. But it simply isn't true.

NDSU football may never again achieve 5 championships in a row or ever have a 7 year stretch like the past 7 years ever again. But if you think NDSU football will crumble, you're going to live a life of disappointment waiting for that.

It's so interesting to me that a UND fan is so adamant to make the point that a 20 year stretch without a championship in a schools primary sport is considered utter failure, when UND hockey just broke their nearly 2 decade championship-less run last year.

if you had asked me who the best program in college hockey is in say...2013, the answer would still have been UND. Championships are not the only way to measure success. A UND football fan should be well aware of that.

8 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It's so interesting to me that a UND fan is so adamant to make the point that a 20 year stretch without a championship in a schools primary sport is considered utter failure, when UND hockey just broke their nearly 2 decade championship-less run last year.

if you had asked me who the best program in college hockey is in say...2013, the answer would still have been UND. Championships are not the only way to measure success. A UND football fan should be well aware of that.

Ask how many hockey fans wanted Hak fired after losing a lot of Frozen Four appearances and not bringing in any hardware outside of the WCHA. In fact I think someone started a Fire Hak thread (no, not me) because of the lack of Championships after Blais left. 

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Ask how many hockey fans wanted Hak fired after losing a lot of Frozen Four appearances and not bringing in any hardware outside of the WCHA. In fact I think someone started a Fire Hak thread (no, not me) because of the lack of Championships after Blais left. 

Not in any way germane to our discussion.

1 minute ago, DaveK said:

NDSU's run of success in the 80s extended through the 90-92 seasons. Take the years from 93-03 and do the same comparison for both schools, I think you'll get a very different result.

Why don't we just do 2001-2003 to really skew the results in und' favor, would that make you giddy?

• Downvote 5

Just now, DaveK said:

NDSU's run of success in the 80s extended through the 90-92 seasons. Take the years from 93-03 and do the same comparison for both schools, I think you'll get a very different result.

Cherry picking time periods can be done on both sides. You picked the absolute epitome of UND football success to use as a comparison to NDSU. 

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Just now, Bison06 said:

Cherry picking time periods can be done on both sides. You picked the absolute epitome of UND football success to use as a comparison to NDSU. 

Bison fans love to do that when a UND fan brings up our all time series. I think they like to start from the 60's and dismiss everything played 70 years prior to that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, darell1976 said:

Bison fans love to do that when a UND fan brings up our all time series. I think they like to start from the 60's and dismiss everything played 70 years prior to that.

Gophers or Sioux, better hockey program? 

If you are trying to compare NDSU football all time success to UND, we both know you don't have a leg to stand on.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Do you consider an NCC title successful compared to a lot of NC titles in 1990 and before that? Do you consider playing a playoff game on the road and not in your new dome successful compared to hosting playoff games at Dacotah Field? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Do you consider an NCC title successful compared to a lot of NC titles in 1990 and before that? Do you consider playing a playoff game on the road and not in your new dome successful compared to hosting playoff games at Dacotah Field? 

Darell, just stop dude.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Gophers or Sioux, better hockey program? 

If you are trying to compare NDSU football all time success to UND, we both know you don't have a leg to stand on.

#1 sport vs #2 sport. When #2 beats #1 regularly (10 out of 13 matchups), make the level playing field (D2) unlevel in your favor (FCS). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The 80's showed NDSU's dominance and UND knocking on the basement door with Morningside, the 90's showed how UND rose and how NDSU fell. You didn't fall as hard as UND did in 81-92, but you fell out of national title appearances, undefeated seasons and starting in 93 you fell out of home playoff games. UND capped off their rise in 01 and 03 with NC appearances and a title. Your rise to fame didn't come until you bolted, and now UND is rising again, so now both ND teams are hosting playoff games, who is going to fall back to earth and who is going to stay up in the clouds? We shall see.

Games is plural. Game is singular.

Example.  UND has hosted one FCS playoff game.

NDSU. Has hosted multiple FCS playoff games.

If hosting playoff games is the barometer of success to you then 3>1. For this season... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Games is plural. Game is singular.

Example.  UND has hosted one FCS playoff game.

NDSU. Has hosted multiple FCS playoff games.

If hosting playoff games is the barometer of success to you then 3>1. For this season... 

Its part of being successful. You host a ton of playoff games at Dacotah Field until Fargodome opens and it remains empty at playoff time until 2010, while UND hosts playoff games at Memorial Stadium until 2001 when they open a new building and wins a NC that same year, and goes to another NC game in 2003, and has multiple playoff games in it. Success for UND. And according to Bison6 success for NDSU.  Now to your point on UND hosting 1 FCS playoff game compared to NDSU hosting games from 2010-2016, NDSU has been playoff eligible since 2008, UND 2012, I hope you have a 7-1 edge. It did take NDSU 3 years to reach the playoffs, while it took our new coach 3 tries to not only reach the playoffs but go undefeated in conference play and win some hardware. 2016 success for UND, according to Bison6 success for NDSU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Objects in Mirror.jpg

I do believe UND showed this year they are on the rise, but I think your schedule lead to a bit of overconfidence after seeing how the Big sky performed in the playoffs.

My early prediction given a tougher schedule for UND next year is 5 losses and miss the playoffs.

time will tell.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Its part of being successful. You host a ton of playoff games at Dacotah Field until Fargodome opens and it remains empty at playoff time until 2010, while UND hosts playoff games at Memorial Stadium until 2001 when they open a new building and wins a NC that same year, and goes to another NC game in 2003, and has multiple playoff games in it. Success for UND. And according to Bison6 success for NDSU.  Now to your point on UND hosting 1 FCS playoff game compared to NDSU hosting games from 2010-2016, NDSU has been playoff eligible since 2008, UND 2012, I hope you have a 7-1 edge. It did take NDSU 3 years to reach the playoffs, while it took our new coach 3 tries to not only reach the playoffs but go undefeated in conference play and win some hardware. 2016 success for UND, according to Bison6 success for NDSU.

Lol, you are too much darell. 

Just constantly contradicting yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1