SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

I was at last night women's BB game. Lots of players joined Bubba and Freund. I saw whom I believe to be Tank walking with a boot on his foot. Looked like he was moving Ok, but it was a boot. Another player, smaller guy, was on crutches. Another had his left arm in a sling that I thought might be Santiago but could not be sure. Anyone else see them?

4 hours ago, shep said:

I was at last night women's BB game. Lots of players joined Bubba and Freund. I saw whom I believe to be Tank walking with a boot on his foot. Looked like he was moving Ok, but it was a boot. Another player, smaller guy, was on crutches. Another had his left arm in a sling that I thought might be Santiago but could not be sure. Anyone else see them?

Hopefully they will be fine with a possible 2-3 week break.

5 hours ago, shep said:

Saw Labat wearing a walking boot at the MBB game Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

A few names that I haven't heard anything on lately are Chris Carter, Kyle Ruhe, and vashon Tucker.  Are they still on the team?  Injured?

Chris Carter and Vashon Tucker are very much a part of the team.  Just buried in depth chart. Ruhe left the team last year. Was going to try another school. Saw him working at TJ's Bar in Grand Forks last summer. Don't know what's happened to him after that. 

This has certainly shown to be a gritty team, from being down big a couple of times and never giving up, to numerous injuries.....Studs being a Stud in the last game bring us back when he was hurt, to a lineman literally throwing up on the field and continuing to play.  I agree with the statement that they have already worked their asses off....and now it continues. 

• Upvote 1

Before we started the year if you asked people who are the 4 players you can least afford to lose.  Most people would probably say Studs, Reyes, Santiago, and Clive.  All of them missed at least one game, and of course Clive pretty much the entire year unfortunately.  Great job of the team being a team and many guys stepping up when needed. 

• Upvote 1

I was at the NAU game and I am concerned. Immediately after the game, the BSC Championship was celebrated and justly so. It was a thrilling game that had me hugging strangers and it wasn't wierd! My concern is the celebration struck me as though the team had achieved its ultimate goal. I hope I'm reading this wrong and these guys are still hungry for more wins.

7 minutes ago, Kap said:

I was at the NAU game and I am concerned. Immediately after the game, the BSC Championship was celebrated and justly so. It was a thrilling game that had me hugging strangers and it wasn't wierd! My concern is the celebration struck me as though the team had achieved its ultimate goal. I hope I'm reading this wrong and these guys are still hungry for more wins.

Unless you were hugging Jered from Subway, I wouldn't read too much into it. 

21 minutes ago, Kap said:

They're still hungry. They need to now prove that lastbyear really was a mistake. Only way to do that is a deep playoff run.

would be senior kurt padenlach was on sportscenter for a blooper from his game unlv v boise game...funny to think he came in with joe and ryan?? and left bc he felt he could play at a higher level...no offense to keaton but it would be nice if he was still a redshirt soph behind kurt and was had him throwing to kenny and big snacks plugging up the middle with tank...it all ended up well for everyone tho..including bubba.