SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

1 hour ago, UND1992 said:

If memory serves, Cam Kuksa would have been a senior this year, does that sound right?  Hard not to think about what could have been with him teamed up with Cole and Co.  Congrats to Bubba and all others recognized, building a true team.

I thought about Cam when they announced Cole as POY..... Poor guy. 

3 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Looking at the Big Sky awards.  For Qb Gubrud, Graves, Clark.  3HM- Sloter, Gustafson, Kuresa.  

I would take Keaton over anyone of the above.  Best game manager in the league as far as I'm concerned.

Keep in mind the offense.  Nothing against Keaton or the others but it's hard to compare. 

38 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I thought about Cam when they announced Cole as POY..... Poor guy. 

Interesting thing about Cam is that he has stuck around UND after the injury. He's studying fisheries and wildlife studies as well as kinesiology, according to registrar records. Also, since hanging it up for good, he's been working as an assistant with the FB team doing a lot of video work at practices and during spring and fall camps.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I understand it has a lot to do with the type of offense and stats.  I would still take Keaton.  Smart and a gamer.

Add to that - a leader, and tough as nails.  What's been UND's record when Keaton plays the primary QB role?  Isn't like only 3 losses since Nov. 2014?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Westside said:

Good for them. I was thinking Reyes wouldn't make first team for some reason but he's definatly deserving.

25 minutes ago, homer said:

Congrats to those two.  Well deserved and glad they are back next season. 

No doubt...congrats to them and even better they will be back next year.  I'd like to see us start to get some OL on those lists.  Two OL on the first team for NDSU.....that's a big reason why they have reservations for Frisco every year. 

22 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

When Harris was a fr who thought he was a future all american? Nice job by the staff.

He came in so raw but athletically so gifted. Great job by the staff for recognizing talent and then sculpting it. I agree this honor gets a big assist by the staff. Great job by both Deion and the staff. 

• Upvote 1