SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

7 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

no matter how the media presented this, Bina, toews and Oshie were given nearly a free pass on this deal.  It helps when the lawyers and judges of the town are all hockey fans.  I say give the football player the same second chance and if he reoffends  then pull his scholly and kick him off the team

You wrote a story that wasn't at all true. No one ran away, Toews and Oshie never even left the police car. The police didn't have to arrest them a second time. Your case has a better chance of being believed if you come close to using the truth in your comparison.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gfhockey said:

What could have been....

golloday ripping jt it up this year see espn2 

If he didn't want to stick around following the coaching change, then we are better off without him. Bubba now has guys that want to be here and believe in what he is trying to build. That is why we have reeled off 8 consecutive wins.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If he didn't want to stick around following the coaching change, then we are better off without him. Bubba now has guys that want to be here and believe in what he is trying to build. That is why we have reeled off 8 consecutive wins.

Can't totally blame the guy. Had the opportunity to play closer to home, at a bigger school, when there was some instability here. I agree, I would have certainly liked to have him here, but you have to remember that these kids can transfer for any of number reasons. Obviously, he has been successful, so congrats to him.

For what its worth, had he not transferred, last year would have been his final season.

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can't totally blame the guy. Had the opportunity to play closer to home, at a bigger school, when there was some instability here. I agree, I would have certainly liked to have him here, but you have to remember that these kids can transfer for any of number reasons. Obviously, he has been successful, so congrats to him.

For what its worth, had he not transferred, last year would have been his final season.

I wasn't blaming the guy. I was saying that if kids don't want to be here, they should transfer. Having players in the locker room who don't want to be there is poisonous to team chemistry and attitude.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wasn't blaming the guy. I was saying that if kids don't want to be here, they should transfer. Having players in the locker room who don't want to be there is poisonous to team chemistry and attitude.

I hear ya, not trying to call you out. I'm sure for some kids its a tough decision, they have friends on the team, they may even enjoy their overall experience, but they may want to be closer to home. No idea if that was the case. Certainly sucks to lose good players, and he was definitely a good player.

• Upvote 1

Golladay wouldn't have been on the team this year if he stayed at UND, he would have graduated last year. He had to redshirt his first year at NIU because of transfer rules, which worked out fine for him since he played as a true freshman at UND. Golladay got looked over big time and had an opportunity to play at a higher level an hour from home instead of 12. This is definitely a situation where I don't fault the kid for making the decision he did, though I really wish we would have go to watch him finish his career at UND. He'll probably get drafted and have a good shot to play on Sundays.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Kenny was loyal to UND because it was his only offer. When Muss got let go and Faison dragged his feet it made it a pretty easy choice for Kenny.  Sucks for us but it's not like he always had one foot out the door when he was here. 

3 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

What about Cloyd, has he been playing some and just not getting any balls thrown to him (like our other TE's haven't)?  At this point has it been a waste of pulling a redshirt? 

He's run routes and either been missed or not looked at. A couple of times they looked his way for critical 3rd down pick ups and Bartels and Studs missed him. Wish they'd use him more but I keep telling myself he's some sort of playoff secret weapon that they're waiting to unleash. 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

He's run routes and either been missed or not looked at. A couple of times they looked his way for critical 3rd down pick ups and Bartels and Studs missed him. Wish they'd use him more but I keep telling myself he's some sort of playoff secret weapon that they're waiting to unleash. 

He haS been a beast on special teams, though. Not sure if that qualifies as a legit reason to pull a RS. 

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

What about Cloyd, has he been playing some and just not getting any balls thrown to him (like our other TE's haven't)?  At this point has it been a waste of pulling a redshirt? 

Got the blocked punt last weekend. But, I'd really like to see them go to cloyd more, or any of the TEs. We have some big athletic guys, not sure why we don't throw to them much more than we do.

• Upvote 1