SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It Faison could extend Mussman and Jones for accomplishing pseudo-championships then UND and Faison sure as hell better extend Bubba NOW. 

As long as UND's athletic department is headed by Faison, it will be at least semi-dysfunctional. 

Like I posted elsewhere, letting Bubba walk because he costs too much is unacceptable and shouldn't even be on the table. Faison and Kennedy better figure out how to keep our successful coaches or we'll be treading water instead of winning titles.

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bubba isn't going anywhere. I'm confident Faison will get him a 3-4 year extension with a base around $200-220k. Appears that's more than Montana pays their coach, and football is their #1.

Are you sure?  There is no way they could be working on an extension. <--- Not sure how to change to purple.  

23 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

The knowledge about how to run an athletic department that is shared on this site is overwhelming.

Okay wise guy, do you think it's vital that Bubba be locked into a long-term deal? That is the issue here. And it is totally reasonable to make keeping our successful coaches a vital part of Faison's job. We should only lose coaches to FBS schools.....period. And if Kennedy meant what he said earlier this year about athletics being an important component of UND's overall mission and about how he wants to put together teams that compete for championships, he'll give Faison what he needs to accomplish those goals.

• Upvote 1

Where is this sentiment that Bubba may leave coming from? I know Sfi had some real hard hitting comparisons to get people worked up (and it obviously worked) but other than that there hasn't been a single peep about him leaving. I would say let's not get our panties in a bunch about Bubba leaving until there is a little more smoke than just sfi randomly deciding to compare some salaries. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Okay wise guy, do you think it's vital that Bubba be locked into a long-term deal? That is the issue here. And it is totally reasonable to make keeping our successful coaches a vital part of Faison's job. We should only lose coaches to FBS schools.....period. And if Kennedy meant what he said earlier this year about athletics being an important component of UND's overall mission and about how he wants to put together teams that compete for championships, he'll give Faison what he needs to accomplish those goals.

20161216_143052_LI (2).jpg

I received this Alumni Review yesterday.

Maybe Kennedy is giving sports a blessing? Waving hand on top.

Maybe he means what he said about winning teams?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bubba isn't going anywhere. I'm confident Faison will get him a 3-4 year extension with a base around $200-220k. Appears that's more than Montana pays their coach, and football is their #1.

Agree, and he's all ND. Shock hands with Bubba last night standing in line to get into the BB game. Congratulated him on a very successful season. He's all smiles, but I could sense not satisfied, replied about how they have to be/will be better. Really gotta like the guy! 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba is not going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not too sure where that sentiment came form. My comments were centered around the fact that Bubba deserves an extension and raise now, rather than after his final contract year. 

I think people remember Lennon up and leaving nine years ago and that is why they are a little bit concerned.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is the season just ended last week - just because you hate Faison doesn't mean things are not happening. Bubba just finished his third year of a four year contract. Perhaps you should ask for a little desk deside Faison's desk so all he has to do is turn and look down at you for advise. There is no reason to thing that they won't take care of things - it just might not be on your timeline and they might not pick up the phone and ask your for permission. 

Some of these conversations suck all the enjoyment out of a great season and a great coaching staff. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

My point is the season just ended last week - just because you hate Faison doesn't mean things are not happening. Bubba just finished his third year of a four year contract. Perhaps you should ask for a little desk deside Faison's desk so all he has to do is turn and look down at you for advise. There is no reason to thing that they won't take care of things - it just might not be on your timeline and they might not pick up the phone and ask your for permission. 

Some of these conversations suck all the enjoyment out of a great season and a great coaching staff. 

I don't "hate" Faison, I am just don't want to lose Bubba or any other of our successful coaches. These things sneak up on you and before you know it, that person is gone and they aren't coming back.

And if conversations about the future of our programs "suck all the enjoyment out of a great season and a great coaching staff" for you, then that is on you, not me.

56 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't "hate" Faison, I am just don't want to lose Bubba or any other of our successful coaches. These things sneak up on you and before you know it, that person is gone and they aren't coming back.

And if conversations about the future of our programs "suck all the enjoyment out of a great season and a great coaching staff" for you, then that is on you, not me.

How can it sneak up when he is still under contract? Assistant coaches leave to become head coaches it happens. It is the unnecesdary hand wringing that gets old.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

How can it sneak up when he is still under contract? Assistant coaches leave to become head coaches it happens. It is the unnecesdary hand wringing that gets old.

No one saw Dale Lennon leaving his alma mater when he did. Especially when he was the one pushing the hardest to move up to Division I.

Bubba's not going anywhere, at least not anytime soon.  They will get it taken care of.  Plus I don't ever see Bubba going to be a head coach at another FCS school.  Some assistants will leave at some point for promotion opportunities at other schools......that will happen at some point guaranteed, that's just how it works.  Paying well will help hold off that thought process a little longer for some of them though.

2016 FCS Coaches All-American Teams...

Reyes is 2nd Team on the list , along with D. Harris.  Coe is included on 2nd Team.

http://www.afca.com/article/article.php?id=2842

Only EWU & UND placed 3 players on this team.

Yearly Leaders: Eastern Washington (2016-WR Cooper Kupp, DL Samson Ebukam and QB Gage Gubrud) and North Dakota (2016-OL Michael Coe, DB Deion Harris and DB Cole Reyes) join North Dakota State (2014-OL Joe Haeg, DL Kyle Emanuel and DB Colten Haegle), Alabama State (2012-OL Terren Jones, DB Kejuan Riley and P Bobby Wenzig), Jackson State (1996-QB Grailyn Pratt, LB Otha Evans and DB Sean Woodson) and Grambling State (1979-DL Joe Gordon, LB Aldrich Allen and DB Robert Salters) as the only schools to have more than two players named to the AFCA FCS Coaches’ All-America Team in one year.

• Upvote 3