SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Huh? Dale leaving wasn't a surprised to anyone. He was openly interviewing with FCS schools.

I know he interviewed with Montana State, but I don't know anyone who really believed he would leave, especially after getting UND to move up to FCS, which was on his wish list for several years.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Bubba's base is still on the low end at $185,000.  He was at $165,000 prior to new contract.  I'm not too worried about him going anywhere, but hopefully the pay for our assistant coaches is much more regionally competitive.  

Using the numbers from the SFI, who had him at 150, 185 is definitely a nice little bump. Now he has a higher base than Montana's head coach and only $5,000 less than SDSU's. I would say his salary went from low to respectable when being compared to his peers.

https://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/12/13/the-fcs-coaching-salary-market/

• Upvote 1

Just now, AJS said:

Using the numbers from the SFI, who had him at 150, 185 is definitely a nice little bump. Now he has a higher base than Montana's head coach and only $5,000 less than SDSU's. I would say his salary went from low to respectable when being compared to his peers.

https://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2016/12/13/the-fcs-coaching-salary-market/

Those numbers are a couple years old now.  $185k isn't terribly low (like we were), but it's still on the lower end of FCS HC salaries.  Nielson at USD is at $255k base and Klieman's base is up around $300k now.  Obviously we aren't going to be spending ndsu level money at this point, and I think USD is overpaying for Nielson, but Bubba deserves to be in the $200-220 range.  Perhaps he again diverted some funding to his assistant coaches' pool.

Anyone have an idea what other schools are paying their coordinators/assistants?

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Those numbers are a couple years old now.  $185k isn't terribly low (like we were), but it's still on the lower end of FCS HC salaries.  Nielson at USD is at $255k base and Klieman's base is up around $300k now.  Obviously we aren't going to be spending ndsu level money at this point, and I think USD is overpaying for Nielson, but Bubba deserves to be in the $200-220 range.  Perhaps he again diverted some funding to his assistant coaches' pool.

Anyone have an idea what other schools are paying their coordinators/assistants?

Would it surprise anyone if Bubba took a slighly lower pay raise so his assistants could get a raise?  Just the type of guy he is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

New details is base of $185K, plus $10K raise each year.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:52 PM, CMSioux said:

My point is the season just ended last week - just because you hate Faison doesn't mean things are not happening. Bubba just finished his third year of a four year contract. Perhaps you should ask for a little desk deside Faison's desk so all he has to do is turn and look down at you for advise. There is no reason to thing that they won't take care of things - it just might not be on your timeline and they might not pick up the phone and ask your for permission. 

Some of these conversations suck all the enjoyment out of a great season and a great coaching staff. 

Ahmm...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1