SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

I guess it goes to show that talk about some transfers, whether FBS, JUCO or whatever.......well heck even some recruits......you just never know until they are actually listed on the roster come game day if they are going to be there.  Dissappointing that he is no longer with the team, but nature of the beast I guess.  Maybe his personal situation will change and he could come back, but obviously wouldn't......and can't count on it. 

On 8/25/2016 at 0:27 PM, gundy1124 said:

Prater is at his 3rd school in as many years.....for good reasons but maybe there is a good reason down the road to move on from UND, too.  

Let's not anoint the guy because he's a father, husband, and a great American for his service to our country.  He'll have to earn his respect with the team just like everyone else.

Anyone want 2nds of crow?

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Anyone want 2nds of crow?

I don't think anyone said Prater was going to step in and be THE guy after Studs. Just that it would be nice to have additional depth, experience and competition at that position. Too bad it didn't work out for him. Hopefully they get another guy to add into the mix. Obviously I haven't seen Bolinske or Heidelbaugh play, and we don't know how Boltman will transition yet, but it never hurts to have more bodies to compete for the QB spot; or the back up spot.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I don't think anyone said Prater was going to step in and be THE guy after Studs. Just that it would be nice to have additional depth, experience and competition at that position. Too bad it didn't work out for him. Hopefully they get another guy to add into the mix. Obviously I haven't seen Bolinske or Heidelbaugh play, and we don't know how Boltman will transition yet, but it never hurts to have more bodies to compete for the QB spot; or the back up spot.

I was just joking around.  I think with the roster depth we are building we'll be able to better vet JUCO and transfers going forward.  The 1st year we took some flyers and 2 guys didn't even show up to camp!!  Contrast that with the more recent guys, like Hunt for example.  This QB Prater situation was a little fishy from the start.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I was just joking around.  I think with the roster depth we are building we'll be able to better vet JUCO and transfers going forward.  The 1st year we took some flyers and 2 guys didn't even show up to camp!!  Contrast that with the more recent guys, like Hunt for example.  This QB Prater situation was a little fishy from the start.

It does make me wonder what happened with him. I though he moved to GF because of his wife, and possibly a health situation. Hopefully is all well for the guy.

• 5 weeks later...

For what its worth, UND has had 3 top ten FCS plays in the past 3 weeks, with two of them being ranked number 1. Thats pretty cool recognition, and who'd have though UND would have 3 highlight plays at this point in the year with all of them coming through the air. Becoming a much more balanced team.

Week 5 vs. Cal Poly

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2016-09-27/fcs-football-top-plays-week-four

#10 Studs to Stanley for 70 yards

#1 Studs to Wanzek

Week 7 vs SUU

http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2016-10-18/fcs-football-top-plays-week-seven

#1 Studs to Stanley off the bad snap

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Hero Sports has a poll on the best tandem of running backs in FCS. Santiago and Oliviera are one of the options. Give it a vote:

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-football-rushing-khalid-abdullah-john-santiago-joe-protheroe?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=FCSFootball

Thanks for posting - our guys are currently 2 votes out of first!  Let's get them on top!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:58 AM, UNDColorado said:

Hero Sports has a poll on the best tandem of running backs in FCS. Santiago and Oliviera are one of the options. Give it a vote:

http://herosports.com/news/fcs-football-rushing-khalid-abdullah-john-santiago-joe-protheroe?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=FCSFootball

Our guys need some help.....

Really nice article on HERO. Brian has been giving UND quite a bit of exposure this season which is great to see. Stating the coaching staff is putting together easily one of the top FCS recruiting classes in the nation. Those are pretty hefty compliments of what Bubba and crew are doing.

Also liked what Ott and Seguin had to say. I think we've all heard how good Ott can be, but Seguin looks like he could be a total beast!

http://herosports.com/news/north-dakota-recruiting-adds-next-stars-fcs-college-football

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Not sure where to ask this but was looking through our roster and there's a Colton hessenflow from San Diego.  Never heard of him....does anyone know if he's scholarship, still on the team, when he joined the team if he ever did?  No clue who this guy is 

Believe he is a walk on