SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

45 minutes ago, tnt said:

Which is funny because the only teams that seem to be able to beat the Bison are from the Big Sky. 

Since NDSU's OT loss to Eastern Washington in 2010, the Bison are 4-1 against the Big Sky in the past 5 years (3-1 last year alone).  Only loss was at Montana in the last second of the game last year in the season opener.  While I hate defending NDSU, what bugs me almost as much is ignorant comments that can be easily proven wrong with facts.  Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but you are definitely wrong in your statement.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Since NDSU's OT loss to Eastern Washington in 2010, the Bison are 4-1 against the Big Sky in the past 5 years (3-1 last year alone).  Only loss was at Montana in the last second of the game last year in the season opener.  While I hate defending NDSU, what bugs me almost as much is ignorant comments that can be easily proven wrong with facts.  Not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic or not, but you are definitely wrong in your statement.

So a 4-2 record against the Big Sky.  Their record against the rest of the MVFC is 36-4 over a similar period.  That is my point. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

That preview of the Wyoming game is freaking awesome.....looking back at how we controlled the game....and he thought they were going to blow us out.  Yeah he's got his pulse right on things......not. 

At one point in the 4th quarter we were up 21-0. It was a fun day.

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

So a 4-2 record against the Big Sky.  What is their record against the Missouri Valley?  That is my point. 

That'd be wrong. Record would be 6-2. If you are going to count the Eastern game, you may want to also count the game from the week before that took place.  Beaten Montana twice, msu once, weber twice, UND once.

1 hour ago, old school said:

If I remember correctly it could/should have been more than 21-0.  Wasn't there a short field goal missed and Jake had a pick 6 off his fingertips

Yes, we missed a field goal early and that near miss pick with nothing but open field in front of him. We noticeably controlled the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Yeah that was a really fun day!  I was on a road trip with some friends and I remember following along on the game thread, and I can't remember who it was....but was giving great play by play details....man was I in a good mood that day.  Such a feel good win in many ways........first FBS win, also it was a good road win as we hadn't been very good on the road the prior several years and this was the start of a turn around on that as we also beat Portland St. on the road too.  Up until that win I was a bit skeptical on our road games.  Also we got to beat Bohl and somewhat stick it to him for making Nevermann sit out an entire year, which as we all know worked out to our advantage since we discovered how good Santiago was at RB.  Great win...and great day!   Sorry for the rambling :)

you're welcome; I remember people couldn't decipher Sweeney or something to that effect, and some couldn't get reception for the game. I guess I dont' know if they'll be necessary this year with Jack Michaels back

2 hours ago, PATRIOT said:

About 19:45 into the video he talks about the UND 'Fighting Eagles'...at least he credits the defensive strength and places UND at #10.

Embarrassingly poor. Im happy UND is getting their due recognition, but the research ability of some of these "media types" is questionable at best. 

• Upvote 1

Awesome to see a guy with some experience in the locker room. As mentioned, it sounds like he will be a great leader. Not just because he is a former Ranger, but because he is a husband and father as well. Those experiences can provide leadership qualities that will be great for younger players to see. Sounds like this guy has had to make a lot of sacrifices to end up where he has, and that speaks volumes about his personality.

On the football side, it adds depth to the most important position, add competition, and could provide an important bridge between Studsrud graduating, and hopefully Boltman taking over. Nice to not have to rush the young guys.

MT fans seemed to have a lot of great things to say about this guy. Not necessarily on overall talent, but in terms of personality, which is great to have. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Awesome to see a guy with some experience in the locker room. As mentioned, it sounds like he will be a great leader. Not just because he is a former Ranger, but because he is a husband and father as well. Those experiences can provide leadership qualities that will be great for younger players to see. Sounds like this guy has had to make a lot of sacrifices to end up where he has, and that speaks volumes about his personality.

On the football side, it adds depth to the most important position, add competition, and could provide an important bridge between Studsrud graduating, and hopefully Boltman taking over. Nice to not have to rush the young guys.

MT fans seemed to have a lot of great things to say about this guy. Not necessarily on overall talent, but in terms of personality, which is great to have. 

Not meant to be combative, but Heidlbaugh, Bolinski, or Prater could all be the one to fill the gap, or Boltman might not need a gap filler, or it could be another QB down the road and not Boltman.  Some posts seem dismissive of guys that haven't even had a chance, yet.

Prater is at his 3rd school in as many years.....for good reasons but maybe there is a good reason down the road to move on from UND, too.  

Let's not anoint the guy because he's a father, husband, and a great American for his service to our country.  He'll have to earn his respect with the team just like everyone else.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Not meant to be combative, but Heidlbaugh, Bolinski, or Prater could all be the one to fill the gap, or Boltman might not need a gap filler, or it could be another QB down the road and not Boltman.  Some posts seem dismissive of guys that haven't even had a chance, yet.

Prater is at his 3rd school in as many years.....for good reasons but maybe there is a good reason down the road to move on from UND, too.  

Let's not anoint the guy because he's a father, husband, and a great American for his service to our country.  He'll have to earn his respect with the team just like everyone else.

Understand you're not trying to be combative, but let me clarify my comment. I certainly didn't mean to slight Heidelbaugh, Bolinski, or Boltman. My intent was that there it is excellent to add depth and competition to the most important position on the field. Technically we have an unknown commodity in Heidelbaugh, Bolinksi, Boltman and Prater; BUT if we want to read between the lines, Prater was above Simis on the depth chart for a pretty strong MT program, and would have played except for injury. Now that doesn't actually mean anything, other than the kid has shown potential and should provide additional competition. SO, not saying he is the next guy after Studs, or that he'll ever start, or that he'll ever even see the field. Just that he adds depth in an important place.

As for the leadership piece, he definitely brings something that nobody else can. Will he have to earn his respect? Of course. But between his military and life experience, that provides a lot of experience unique to someone that is playing college football. I think most of us know how much a person typically matures between (18-22 y/o) and (25-27 y/o). My point being he brings a maturity to the team, that could be good for other players to see.

• Upvote 3