SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Tom Miller is really stepping it up and he is doing a great job with his range of coverage this year. Keep it coming Tom!

I agree with you. The coverage has been great this summer and fall. Everyone has a role to play in getting the Alerus Center regularly sold out!

Keep it up, Tom!

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Daquan has quit the team per SFI.  As much as I hate seeing guys quit, it's hard to blame him as he was buried in the depth charts.  The DL is deep and young!  He seems like a very likable guy that worked hard and wish him well to whatever might be next. 

His contribution would have come at LB. That didn't work out and DL just wasn't going to. Hopefully he lands on his feet.

Last night I watched the UND vs Montana State game from last season.  UND really owned the running game . . . and really stopped Montana State's.  And I can only see that (outside of missing Rattle) this year should be even better!

So pumped for the season to start!!

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Last night I watched the UND vs Montana State game from last season.  UND really owned the running game . . . and really stopped Montana State's.  And I can only see that (outside of missing Rattle) this year should be even better!

So pumped for the season to start!!

Get outa here with that optimism ;)

Another write up from FCS the wedge..

"If they can find a way to balance out the offense and work in more of a passing attack this team might be dangerous. The media has them picked to finish fourth in the conference. That’s not unreasonable for this team. Whether or not it gets them into a playoff game is another story."  #LeaveNoDoubt

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-previews/2016-big-sky-preview-north-dakota/

5 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

It's going to be fun to see what kind of numbers Santiago puts up this year.  However with other quality backs he may not get as many carries as some of the others.  And last year there were one or two games where he had nearly 200 yards at halftime and then didn't see the field or ball much in the second half.  I think he was 3rd in the FCS for all purpose yards right?  If he would have played 4 quarters in all of those games that would of made a difference.  It's also impressive considering our offense was complete crap for 6 quarters, two against Drake and then the NDSU game.  I'm looking forward to lots of "So Long Santiago"!!   That was a good phrase, but since Sweeney isn't doing the radio anymore.....do you think anybody else will pick up and use that phrase? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SJG73 said:

Hopefully we can stream the game off Stoney Brooks website....sorry if this has already been discussed...coming in late

It is available through their website. You may have to sign up for a free 30 day trial through their streaming partner. If so just cancel it before the 30 days are up.

40 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It's going to be fun to see what kind of numbers Santiago puts up this year.  However with other quality backs he may not get as many carries as some of the others.  And last year there were one or two games where he had nearly 200 yards at halftime and then didn't see the field or ball much in the second half.  I think he was 3rd in the FCS for all purpose yards right?  If he would have played 4 quarters in all of those games that would of made a difference.  It's also impressive considering our offense was complete crap for 6 quarters, two against Drake and then the NDSU game.  I'm looking forward to lots of "So Long Santiago"!!   That was a good phrase, but since Sweeney isn't doing the radio anymore.....do you think anybody else will pick up and use that phrase? 

I really think we will have a much more balanced offense with the WR developing nicely.  Also Santiago may have more all purpose yards and less rushing because other RB's will spell him for a rest.  This will be a very exciting offense this and expect them to come out of the gate fast.