SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

21 minutes ago, BigGame said:

It is nice to see the depth chart but I don't think it really means all that much at UND.  The d-line will rotate a ton and the LB's will as well to a lessor extent.  In the end the second and maybe even the third players on the depth chart might play as much or more than the starter. 

Who would be the next guys on OLB and ILB depth chart?

Keelan Poole and Dijon Murray 

On August 24, 2016 at 8:49 AM, UNDColorado said:

I read AGS for the laughs because some of the crap you see on there is out there. It really is a lot of group think and if you are not in the MVFC then you might as well pack it up and fold the program.

It's just another board where Bison fans go to pump their chest and act like complete @sses. BV part two.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Sorry Teeder, I just realized how poorly I had phrased my comment. I didn't mean to insinuate your statement was preposterous. I absolutely agree that Cloyd will be a force over the next 4 years. I meant to ask, in general, is the idea that Cloyd could be the next best TE since Kleinsasser a preposterous statement? Again, I know it is too early to say for sure, but in general .. based on potential.

No worries at all. I do think he has all the potential to give JK's stats a run for its money if he dedicates himself to UND FB and Bubba's mindset. Sky's the limit. So not exactly "preposterous" but the onus is on Alex to turn potential greatness into reality.

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

No worries at all. I do think he has all the potential to give JK's stats a run for its money if he dedicates himself to UND FB and Bubba's mindset. Sky's the limit. So not exactly "preposterous" but the onus is on Alex to turn potential greatness into reality.

What type of speed does Cloyd have, anything comparable to JK? 

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

What type of speed does Cloyd have, anything comparable to JK? 

Not sure...his 40-time was in the 4.6s on his recruiting film, but I don't trust recruiting times all that much.

What I know is what I have seen in person and he definitely is able to create separation with his legs, his upper body strength and his ability to go up high to get balls. He passes the eye test on the practice field but it's yet to be seen if that translates into ability on Saturdays. 

This is what the UND coaches said about what drew them to Cloyd at a recruiting camp at Iowa State:

Kostich said in a different scenario or recruiting class Cloyd might receive FBS attention.

Instead, he was lost in the shuffle at an Iowa State recruitment camp where Fighting Hawks assistant coaches Kostich, Joel Schwenzfeier and Carl Reinholz were eyeing the prospect and were impressed with his 40-yard dash time.

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Instead, he was lost in the shuffle at an Iowa State recruitment camp where Fighting Hawks assistant coaches Kostich, Joel Schwenzfeier and Carl Reinholz were eyeing the prospect and were impressed with his 40-yard dash time.

Cool.....thanks for the insight! 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:23 PM, UNDBIZ said:

He threatened me too. Guy's a tool. 

Hell - he banned me for replying to one of clez posts because I was talking about FBS and he didn't like it.  He and I have been fighting for a while now.  I called him out for allowing NDSU to troll and he does not like it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 3:01 PM, Teeder11 said:

QB Prater, 6-2, 205 (Griz); LB Corby Richman (Oriska, N.D.), 6-0, 230; WR Zak Hernandez, 6-0, 195 (Grafton); and San Diego-area prep DE Colton Hessenflow, 6-4, 230, are your school-start additions. Did I miss anyone? Hernandez played spring ball and maybe Richman, if I recall correctly.

As for the two deep, after watching much of fall camp, some surprises are Alex Reed getting the nod over Mercer (maybe Mercer needs more time to get acclimated to the offense) I thought Mercer had a better camp. Also, I thought Chris Carter might make the two-deep over Holm. Though CC has had is struggles in the past, I still thought he had a better camp over the rookie. If Cloyd, indeed keeps his RS this year, all I can say is look out Big Sky and maybe all of FCS for the next four seasons.

C C had a great camp i was shocked as well. Some of the other corners missed alot of the camp. 

So after watching the first two games, here are the most obvious (to me anyways) observations by my extremely untrained eyes............

• The offensive line has plenty of room for improvement, especially in run blocking
  • With Clive Georges out for the year, it appears the team doesn't have a speed WR that is capable of stretching the field.  Lots of possession guys, but no burners
  • Defense appears to be legit.  Secondary got burned a few times by BGSU, but already it seems they have improved from where they were at a year ago
  • Offense has improved overall in each game as the game went on.  Hopefully that is what happens over the course of the season, similar to last year.

2 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

So after watching the first two games, here are the most obvious (to me anyways) observations by my extremely untrained eyes............

• The offensive line has plenty of room for improvement, especially in run blocking
  • With Clive Georges out for the year, it appears the team doesn't have a speed WR that is capable of stretching the field.  Lots of possession guys, but no burners
  • Defense appears to be legit.  Secondary got burned a few times by BGSU, but already it seems they have improved from where they were at a year ago
  • Offense has improved overall in each game as the game went on.  Hopefully that is what happens over the course of the season, similar to last year.

Mercer looked really quick the one time he was out there. Hopefully his hammy gets better and he can be out there more as the season goes on because we could really use him.  

43 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

JOOC, who's Prater????

Prater was the QB who transferred from MT. Former military guy, who was actually penciled in to start against UND last year, but was injured (I believe). He was at Hawaii before Montana. 

I believe he had moved to GF so he and his wife could be closer to her home. I think there were some health issues going on for her, or her family ... I didn't catch the whole story. Maybe that factored into his decision to leave the team, but like I said, would have been nice to keep a little extra depth at the position.

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Prater was the QB who transferred from MT. Former military guy, who was actually penciled in to start against UND last year, but was injured (I believe). He was at Hawaii before Montana. 

I believe he had moved to GF so he and his wife could be closer to her home. I think there were some health issues going on for her, or her family ... I didn't catch the whole story. Maybe that factored into his decision to leave the team, but like I said, would have been nice to keep a little extra depth at the position.

Got it.  Thanks.  Had forgotten about him already and hadn't seen that he was no longer on the team.  Did someone put out a tweet?