SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

So Grady was re-added to the roster late last month but was a no show at day 1 of camp so then Bubba announced he is no longer with the team. Got it.........

Regardless of talent I hope Bubba let Grady know enough is enough and a line was drawn that his career at UND is done.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

So Grady was re-added to the roster late last month but was a no show at day 1 of camp so then Bubba announced he is no longer with the team. Got it.........

Regardless of talent I hope Bubba let Grady know enough is enough and a line was drawn that his career at UND is done.

I am guessing the guys in town, working out and busting their butts were bordering on resentment when a player with all the talent in the world isn't right beside them doing the same.  Just a hunch that could be bad for team chemistry.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Grady was stringing the coaches along and wouldn't make the commitment.  Coaches gave him every opportunity and now it is time to move on. 

20 minutes ago, UNDfan2013 said:

Grady was stringing the coaches along and wouldn't make the commitment.  Coaches gave him every opportunity and now it is time to move on. 

Correct, my media source in Grand Forks told me the exact same thing. Fall camp starts tomorrow, time to get after it!

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

What kind of improvement will we see this year?  This team go 8-3?  Curious what the experts out there think.

My (personal) expectations: 

1. As good or better record.
2. No three-game losing skids. 
3. No home losses. 

Do those and the rest takes care of itself. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

What kind of improvement will we see this year?  This team go 8-3?  Curious what the experts out there think.

9-2 or 8-3.  Adding to what geaux said,  IMO, there are two musts:

Keaton NEEDS to stay healthy.  Very apparent what happens when he was down last year. 

Cole NEEDS to stay healthy.  He is the Keaton on the D side. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Can anyone recall if Reyes played in the loss to Weber last season?

He's listed on the participation report for that game but William James and Jawon Johnson are the safeties who made plays on the stat sheet. No entries for Reyes on the stat sheet. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

He's listed on the participation report for that game but William James and Jawon Johnson are the safeties who made plays on the stat sheet. No entries for Reyes on the stat sheet. 

Thanks, that was one game I didn't get to watch. A healthy Reyes would have made a huge difference. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

9-2 or 8-3.  Adding to what geaux said,  IMO, there are two musts:

Keaton NEEDS to stay healthy.  Very apparent what happens when he was down last year. 

Cole NEEDS to stay healthy.  He is the Keaton on the D side. 

I would say a healthy Santiago is just as important.  But maybe that goes without saying!

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I would say a healthy Santiago is just as important.  But maybe that goes without saying!

Stand by for a blasphemy alert ... 

I don't want to find out, but I think they might be able to go "RB by Committee" to cover Santiago for a couple games if the unspeakable came about; however, in that statement includes a lot of pressure on the "Committee" and on a healthy Studsrud. 

But of utmost importance: a healthy offensive line. Keeping them strong keeps the other guys upright also. 

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'm not in the expert group by my prediction is 8-3 but I think we could go 9-2 if everything goes our way, no key players injured etc. etc..   However Grady not coming back, the Colorado DB transfer changing back to MSU, and JIS leaving has tempered my enthusiasm for the Bowling Green game.  I will still be going into that game wanting to win, and I do think we have a chance......however that extra help in the secondary against an FBS team that wings the ball around would have helped, and our O line with 4 new starters....may not be fully gelled by the second game.  We will likely need a lot of things to go right to win that game, at least we'll get a good idea how much (or if) our secondary has improved from last year.  

The schedule is in our favor this year, but you never know who could be this years Portland State.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Santiago is very important, as can be said about every player!   Its the lack of proven talent behind Keaton and cole that is the unknown.  Arguably the qb is the most important postion in all of football.  Being voted captain as a junior speaks volumes of Keaton's character and leadership.   Had he been able to play (weber) and finish( idaho st), IMO, those would of been two more victories....9-2.  Quality qb depth is a must!!! Last year we found out the hard way

As with cole, being in a pass heavy league with a secondary that's suspect, he is a true talent that needs to be back there at all times.   He was out basically the same time as Keaton last year and was dearly missed.   

54 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm not in the expert group by my prediction is 8-3 but I think we could go 9-2 if everything goes our way, no key players injured etc. etc..   However Grady not coming back, the Colorado DB transfer changing back to MSU, and JIS leaving has tempered my enthusiasm for the Bowling Green game.  I will still be going into that game wanting to win, and I do think we have a chance......however that extra help in the secondary against an FBS team that wings the ball around would have helped, and our O line with 4 new starters....may not be fully gelled by the second game.  We will likely need a lot of things to go right to win that game, at least we'll get a good idea how much (or if) our secondary has improved from last year.  

The schedule is in our favor this year, but you never know who could be this years Portland State.  

Jahmere leaving hurts!  Not only for depth but he looked unbelievable in spring ball. I had thought earlier he might start opposite of Deion  .  He definitely had the talent just lacked some social skills.  

5 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Jahmere leaving hurts!  Not only for depth but he looked unbelievable in spring ball. I had thought earlier he might start opposite of Deion  .  He definitely had the talent just lacked some social skills.  

Not exactly sure what that means....