SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Season

shep

36 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Games are won and lost up-front. I feel very comfortable with the defensive front; as for the offensive front, I am afraid there are still way too many questions for me to feel comfortable. Skill position players are finally in place, but will the offensive line be capable? I won't know until September 1st, and perhaps the coaches won't know until then as well. I do have faith that Coach Knauf will continue to develop that unit, but it is demoralizing knowing the offensive line could still perhaps be an issue in year #3 of Bubba ball. 

They still have talent just very inexperienced.   To lose a talent like Grady hurts, hurts bad, but he has better things to do I guess.  Time to focus on the guys we have here and that want to be here.   Stony has some very capable d line and we will see what we are working with during that game.  Stockwell, Bell, cox, taylor and it sounds like Coe are a formidable group and am crossing the fingers they mesh quickly.   And you're right, games are won in the trenches.  

Very frustrating as a und fan that the guys that leave or are asked to leave the last couple years are some very talented young men.   It's not like the guys that are leaving are are 4th stringers.   Grady, JIS, iwarri, merz, meindel that I can think of.  Two potential 1st team to 2nd all Americans in Grady and meindel an JIS was looking fantastic this spring.   Merz had the talent to be a menace.  

17 minutes ago, SJG73 said:

The O lineman we have now are just as capable or they would not be on the team.      

Give them fall camp to gel against one of the best defenses in the league and they will be ready.

True.  It's depth that concerns me. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SJG73 said:

The O lineman we have now are just as capable or they would not be on the team.      

Give them fall camp to gel against one of the best defenses in the league and they will be ready.

Had Grady put forth the dedication he was on another planet.  From what I could tell he never lifted a weight in his life, yet he was able to, as a true fresh, move d lineman at ease. When inserted to the lineup santiago excelled running behind him.   His mobility and leverage was just incredible!!  To be a difference maker as true fresh on the o line speaks for itself.  Again, I bring up his hudl tape, 6'5" 290 playing LB and TE.   He is/was a complete physical freak!  He has now retired to the rez.  RIP Grady

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MDtoGF said:

Thoughts on football's leadership RE nickname heading into the season. https://seamoresports.com/2016/07/29/leave-no-doubt/ 

I appreciate a good Homer UND piece every now and then, but really?

"Every player in coach Bubba Schweigert’s lockeroom has bought in to his strong run first smashmouth style of play..."

Well Grady not playing to start the season is better than him leaving or getting hurt in the middle of the season. Time to develop and gain experience for the next man up!

i really hope the people in Newtown tried to support and encourage him to keep playing but unfortunately there are some bad influences on the reservation.

On 7/29/2016 at 9:48 PM, Longtime fan said:

Had Grady put forth the dedication he was on another planet.  From what I could tell he never lifted a weight in his life, yet he was able to, as a true fresh, move d lineman at ease. When inserted to the lineup santiago excelled running behind him.   His mobility and leverage was just incredible!!  To be a difference maker as true fresh on the o line speaks for itself.  Again, I bring up his hudl tape, 6'5" 290 playing LB and TE.   He is/was a complete physical freak!  He has now retired to the rez.  RIP Grady

What the heck do you know? Don't make comments if you can't or won't back them up.

I sense something odd going on with the Grady situation. Miller is typically spot on with details and he indicated that Grady is still on the roster: http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4085015-und-football-some-early-storylines-watch#.V59dLXJLKYs.twitter

He could simply be going off of the depth chart but I have to believe he contacted someone in the athletic department before writing this. He also seems to read this forum so he had to be aware of the uncertainty of this situation. IDk, I am getting the feeling that something isn't adding up.

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Thus my question "What the heck do you know?". I get tired of these rumors being spread on this discussion forum without any idea where the info came from.

Sometimes you just have to judge how much trust to put in comments by previous posting history. There are a handful of posters that I don't need to hear where they got the info from because I know that they wouldn't put it out there if they didn't feel confident in it.

• Upvote 3